Safeway Employee Reviews

Relaxed, but structured work environment. Fun, and competitive atmosphere.
Floral Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 February 2017
Steady work, either fast or slow paced. You're never without something to do on the job. Extremely wonderful management, and employees. Lots of fun, and learning new skills, while being able to pay your bills!
Pros
Warm atmosphere.
Cons
Not enough work at the time.
Lots of demand for no pay
General Retail Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC23 February 2017
I was in the produce department mainly. My tasks were simple: fill new produce, get rid of bad produce, order more produce to come in.
Safeway liked my no nonsense attitude and all of a sudden i was getting grocery/bakery/cashier shifts.
Pros
customer service
Cons
customer service
No comment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 February 2017
Safeway, Inc. is an American supermarket chain founded in 1915. It is a subsidiary of Albertsons, having been acquired by private equity investors led by Cerberus Capital Management in January 2015.
Awesome p[lace to work and great co-workers
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
i would pick orders from a forklift, paper, water and numerous other products. quiet place to work and great pay. the hardest part of that job if i had to say would have been the hours i would have to work.
Fun! Like Family!
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 February 2017
Safeway is a good enterance job for people. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Overall if you spend enough time their they will feel like family. There are many different possitions to enter in and move up to. But I feel like it should only be used like a starter job and not a career.
Pros
Great work enviroment, and free food sometimes
Cons
Gets Repetitive
Good Working Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2017
Safeway was a good place to work at for someone who had it as a real first time job. It was fun and they were very understanding when I could not make it to work or forgot what time I had to get to work.
easy work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2017
great coworkers, everyone is welcoming, staff room is relaxing, good break time. very good hours. very busy, everyone is kind, overall a good workplace,
Great co-workers, not so great manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC16 February 2017
Enjoyed working here, co-workers were friendly, a lot of management was nice except for a few. Customers are usually seniors in Lynn Valley and are easy going and nice to talk to. The store is a bit old and needs a bit of a touch up, but I'm sure the seniors appreciate the old timey feeling it gives.
Geat place to work
Shipper/receiver helper, sears canada (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 February 2017
management staff taught me how to do my job better. some days work can be busy and some days are not as busy. making the customer very happy.
Pros
fun
Productive fun working environent
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 February 2017
Really good benefits worked for ten years i just would have stayed longer if i could have got moved to mission. A good place to work fast and friendly. It was was ten minutes away from home then we moved one hour away from work.
Good Place to work but low hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB13 February 2017
I enjoy customer contact and trying to resolve their wishes, but I am very displeased with their hours, as I used to work almost 40 hours a week and now, at most, I work 12 due to major hours cut.
Pros
Love the people contact
Cons
poor hours, short shifts, low wage
Fast pace, but friendly workplace.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 February 2017
Safeway is a nice place to work at. The coworkers are great, the customers are great and just the overall atmosphere at Safeway is a pleasant one. It is very fast pace and you have to keep up with the everyday duties of the job, but your coworkers make it the best it can be and everyone just rolls with it and we get things done. This was my first job and I'm glad my first job was at Safeway. I grew a lot as a person and pushed me towards a different career where I can expand and show off my skills that I learned at Safeway.
aaaaa
Assistant Manager - Starbucks, Safeway (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2017
Take a minute to review Safeway.
Help people find a great job. It's easy aA bizarre new theory suggests that a mysterious anomaly discovered in the Antarctic may hide a
The theory comes from a team of UFO Hunters, who claim that
Pros
aaaaaaa
Cons
aaaaaaa
working
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 February 2017
It's friendly environment and flexibility in time for students is great. Allowing me to work while studying is a plus for any student.

The friendly community it has proves to be great when starting to work using new skills.
great place to work
Deli / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 February 2017
great place to work nice people friendly place happy employees great staff meetings everyday meetings clean place to work loved working there.
Pros
great people
Cons
hard to remember names
always busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON4 February 2017
you'll often never be bored working as you'll always have customers from the start to the end of your shift. Since the price reductions there's been an influx of customers.
Pros
sometimes food in the staffroom
Cons
too much standing
fun workplace
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 February 2017
at night your allowed your own space and you work at a moderate pace to ensure your work gets done. you are allowed to be yourself a lot more at night and its peaceful and quiet
Fun, hard, busy
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB31 January 2017
It was fun fast working environment. At times it was hard to keep up but managed. My Coworkers were fun to work with, we worked as a team. I cooked the deli meals a lot, assisted customers.
Pros
lunch breaks and coffee breaks
Cons
hours were sometimes short or sometimes full 8 hour shifts
Friendly and easygoing
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, Cal30 January 2017
Working at Safeways has been very good, with flexible hours and friendly staff. All of the managers have been very helpful and accommodating and I would not mind staying on here if another job permits.
Pros
Flexible schedule, perfect for school
Cons
Can finish early, have little to do in last hours.
some good people to work with
Cake Decorator and Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2017
On a daily basis was a full day of orders, customers and just hard work. On your feet for 6 to 7 hours on concrete floors was hard on the feet and back. I did enjoy decorating cakes and the baking of some goods.
Pros
decorating
Cons
overload of work