The Human Resources Department has an opening for a Rehabilitation Claims Supervisor based in our Calgary Office.
Qualifications: The following are preferred or desired unless specifically stated:
- Degree in related field preferred
- Strong computer skills (preferably in MS Office)
- Excellent knowledge of WCB legislation and policy, Duty to Accommodate legislation and Human Rights ACT
- Knowledge of private insurance administration and legislation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a strong team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, coaching and communication skills
- Advanced conflict resolution and negotiating abilities
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for effectively managing return to work programs of both occupational and non-occupational disabilities through staff development and both formal and informal training sessions with front line manages
- Work with WCB and service providers to ensure programs are in place to address claim duration, proper claim review, submissions, cost relief, and work in partnership with Legal on WCB Appeal issues
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders including WCB Case Managers, Insurance carriers, Health Management Consultants, Physicians, Health Care Providers, Union Representatives and Injured and/or disabled employees
- Supervise Disability Claims Specialists for service delivery in Alberta and assigned areas of British Columbia
- Work in collaboration with Rehabilitation Specialists, Store Managers, HR Consultants and Union Representatives to address complex disability issues and provide appropriate advice and solutions
- Establish, implement, and monitor Return to Work Programs and modified work assignments ensuring approach is value driven and supportive of both injured worker and management
- Responsible for identifying and ensuring Duty to Accommodate is met when dealing with issues of disability and identifying permanent accommodation opportunities
- Travel 10 – 20%
Indeed - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...