- Four year college degree in food science, chemistry, or a related field.
- Three – five years experience in Quality Assurance and laboratory experience.
- Sensory evaluation techniques and skills.
- Excellent PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint & database programs.
- Thorough understanding of lot sampling, AQL’s and SPC techniques.
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Excellent analytical judgment with confidence to act.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical and technical writing skills required.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills required.
- Energetic, self-motivated and the ability to manage multiple projects and work with multifunctional teams.
- Ability to motivate, lead and influence various levels of the organization.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing 40 lb. or more.
- 10% travel required.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage product quality evaluation projects.
- Work closely with Category Development Managers, Product Development, Supplier Quality Managers and suppliers to identify product evaluation and improvement projects.
- Conduct quality evaluations on Consumer Branded products.
- Create and disseminate quality analysis reports. Draw conclusions, make recommendations and follow up with implementation status.
- Conduct lot sampling, product quality analysis, and approval/rejection reviews.
- Review product quality, including customer complaints with vendors and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor quality and technical advances of competitive products and initiate competitive quality changes.
- Provide clear corrective feedback to vendors and manage product improvements.
- Create and communicate executive reports and address key findings across multifunctional teams.
- Organize, edit and publish quality content within quality access database.
- Participate in presentations to provide updates to Quality Assurance Team.
- Conduct and manage evaluation projects for proposed existing product/new vendor approval process.
- Manage supplier quality improvement program including but not limited to customer complaint reduction and product/process improvement.
- Identify product opportunities to improve quality and brand competitiveness. Collaborate with management to effectively reach a consensus.
- Actively participate and serve as a technical resource for the QA, Product Development and Marketing Teams.
- Conduct product withdrawals and recalls in the absence of Regional Manager Supplier Quality.
Indeed - 13 months ago
The HEART of Safeway. People. Products. Community. Planet.
Canada Safeway Ltd. is an innovative Fortune 50 company and is one of the...