Safety Net Security Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Security Guard/Reception (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 August 2016
In the year that I have worked with Safety Net I have been able to experience working in various sites. I have been trained in several sites all over the city and have gotten to enjoy working in a fluid environment. The office staff is always accommodating and helpful.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC5 October 2016
Management team seems disorganised, no clear direction given. No understanding of what's going on. Unrealistic deadlines for tasks. Everyone for themselves attitude, no team environment.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Management unorganized
Exciting busy environment. Never a long drawn out day.
Office Manager Accounting (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 August 2016
Constantly adapting to current issues. Never boring.
Worked with 90 - 100 people.
Adjusted priorities as new jobs came in to be set up.
Learned a lot about business and client service.
Pros
Other team members
Worst Employer I have ever had
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC22 February 2016
I'm not sure about the other Safety Net locations but Trail is absolutely appalling, The management will promise you the world when you enter and tell you how they are there for you and promise wage increases. Then you start working for them and your training is near non existent for one of the most hazardous industrial sites in BC. They will try to put you down every chance they get and if you are seen conversing with a security guard of another company your hours will disappear. and good luck getting a wage increase and be sure to watch your pay stubs on many occasions they do not pay accordingly to BC laws.on top of that the conduct of the management is outright unacceptable, on multiple occasions management has been seen openly discussing how useless and worthless other employees are in public. The only good thing about this place are some of the other guards are the most supportive and helpful co workers i've ever worked with.
Pros
Co Workers, Stable(ish) hours
Cons
Management, Lack of training
Safety Net Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Trail BC11 September 2015
I worked with safety net for a good while, and I have to say that the management (at the time) was wonderful. They were helpful when needed, and very easy to approach if a situation came up.
I also really appreciated the fact that, being a woman, if I ever had a concern with part of my job, or there was any type of risk, one of the men working there would step up and help any of the women out without hesitation. It was a great place to work, and I'd happily have gone back, however my family has since relocated.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Low pay
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC20 October 2015
A fast passed and challenging head office for two very busy companies. A fun place to work with great employees and colleagues. Room to grow and take on new challenges with seasonal change , never a dull moment.
Pros
Very generous and fair with all staff
Cons
Very heavy work load for certin sesonal jobs.
Very little time experience with this company to offer a full real opinion.
Security personel (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB9 February 2015
I was only working for this company for 1 paycheque before another company won the contract, thus my experience with this company was not very extensive.
Pros
they did pay ontime
Cons
Contract only lasted 1 paycheque before contract was bought out by new security company
Good employees.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC18 June 2012
foot patrols around malls, harbors, and fire scenes. the law and procedures. typical management, good comradeship with co-workers. the hardest part is dealing everyday trials in the public eye and trying to be a good citizen that holds up to the nature of the law. most enjoyable part is meeting people and seeing new locations.
small office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2015
Safety Net Security is a large company in Canada with a small Calgary office. Daily duties included administrative duties, generating reports, dealing with clients and field employees and managing a 24 line switchboard
Great Place to get Experience
Temporary Laborer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC8 November 2012
Typical day was sweeping, lifting boxes, building shelving and learning the value of organization. Rarely did i see management as it was not needed for them to be there. There was no hard parts about the job and it was an enjoyable learning experience.
Fun place to work, friendly environment
Security Guard/ Administration (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2014
This job requires a lot of attention to details. Freindly environment to work, the staff is a pleasure to work with. The only downfall is that there are no benefit coverage.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
no benefits
Was an ok place to work
Data entry of payroll/billing for Northern Alberta (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2014
I would consider working there again
There is a variety of people working for the company. Which made it interesting, though some of the accents were difficult for me to understand.
nice company
Security Gaurd (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON1 December 2014
nice company just needs more work and better rates for hourly pay.

And if you have to use your own vehicle then a fuel supplement
Pros
free work uniform
Cons
no hours and unorganized
industrial commercial and private security
Alarm Responder & Investigator (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo,bc12 March 2013
experience a lot of different types of security assignments
Pros
crime prevention
Cons
no family time if on alarm response