Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Male dominated environment
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ONFebruary 17, 2016
There is no room in this organization for women to move up or around. Often presented ideas to management then those projects were handed off to male counterparts who then used my work and presented it as their own.
Pros
boss let us be independant
Cons
no inclusion in lower level staff on improvments
Fun and Challenging workplace
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 12, 2012
I typically worked 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The first hour of the day was spent reading email, checking voice mail, and reviewing any operational problems from the night-shift. A t 10am was the daily plant meeting where we discussed problems and possible solutions. The rest of the day was dictated by the problems of the day and running around between the office and the plant. My time was flexible. I had a team of six members working with me also, and we worked together for the most part. We spent time looking at re-occurring problems with equipments (temperature increase, vibration problems, etc.) and coming up with solutions. I worked with the Chemists at the lab to ensure that the tests for the products were passing and that the plant was functioning properly. I prepared reports and flow charts daily which were submitted to the Management. It was nice because I had a variety of challenges that came up on a daily basis.
Pros
rewards, informative seminars, health and dental care.
Cons
short breaks