Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Good mix of mental and physical work
Warehouse/Production (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 September 2017
Read gages twice a day (morning and last thing before going home). Empty oil tankers into holding tanks. Fill various sizes of containers for shipping, and for stock.
Positive and Professional workplace
Accountant/Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON23 August 2017
Safety-Kleen was a great place to work. I had regular tasks but some days I was presented with new challenges. A few job duties included month end closing journal entries, reporting, audit requests, inquiries into certain expenditures from plant managers or management, forecasting, budgeting, Stats Canada surveys, annual permit and membership requests, vendor and customer analysis, etc. The work environment was always a positive one with supportive coworkers and management.
like running in sand wearing skates
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2017
Safety Kleen places roadblocks in every possible aspect of the work place.

Solutions come from the bottom up instead of the top down. Workarounds for existing computer problems are known but never fixed as a cost saving issue. Poor inventory management.
Cons
very long hours. solutions are hard to find.
Great group of people to work with
Inventory Administration (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 October 2016
The work can be demanding - the nature of the business has its ups and downs as far as volume of work.
Safety on a whole is a priority as a company with various locations and numerous employees
Productive, fun Workplace
Junior Operator (Student Coop) (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON11 June 2016
It was a great learning experince, where I was able to get hands on learning which went well with my theory classes I previously learnt in school.
Male dominated environment
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON17 February 2016
There is no room in this organization for women to move up or around. Often presented ideas to management then those projects were handed off to male counterparts who then used my work and presented it as their own.
Pros
boss let us be independant
Cons
no inclusion in lower level staff on improvments
Fun and Challenging workplace
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 June 2012
I typically worked 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The first hour of the day was spent reading email, checking voice mail, and reviewing any operational problems from the night-shift. A t 10am was the daily plant meeting where we discussed problems and possible solutions. The rest of the day was dictated by the problems of the day and running around between the office and the plant. My time was flexible. I had a team of six members working with me also, and we worked together for the most part. We spent time looking at re-occurring problems with equipments (temperature increase, vibration problems, etc.) and coming up with solutions. I worked with the Chemists at the lab to ensure that the tests for the products were passing and that the plant was functioning properly. I prepared reports and flow charts daily which were submitted to the Management. It was nice because I had a variety of challenges that came up on a daily basis.
Pros
rewards, informative seminars, health and dental care.
Cons
short breaks