Safety-Kleen Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 December 2017
If our looking to work for a company that does not care about integrity, ethics and safety then this is the place for you. Management is horrible and there is no chance for advancement. Long hours, minimal pay, stressful work environment.
Strong employee Relationships.
Vac Sales & Service representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2017
Safety-Kleen as a company is a good place to work for. You are doing good by the environment. It does vary depending on witch branch you are located at.
Pros
Unsupervised.
Cons
Can be long hours.
Good mix of mental and physical work
Warehouse/Production (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 September 2017
Read gages twice a day (morning and last thing before going home). Empty oil tankers into holding tanks. Fill various sizes of containers for shipping, and for stock.
Positive and Professional workplace
Accountant/Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON23 August 2017
Safety-Kleen was a great place to work. I had regular tasks but some days I was presented with new challenges. A few job duties included month end closing journal entries, reporting, audit requests, inquiries into certain expenditures from plant managers or management, forecasting, budgeting, Stats Canada surveys, annual permit and membership requests, vendor and customer analysis, etc. The work environment was always a positive one with supportive coworkers and management.
Good Experience
Regional Environmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2017
I received good training and clear expectations about my role within the organization and enjoyed the time I spent there. The hours could be long and the climate not always supportive. Very sales driven.
like running in sand wearing skates
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 May 2017
Safety Kleen places roadblocks in every possible aspect of the work place.

Solutions come from the bottom up instead of the top down. Workarounds for existing computer problems are known but never fixed as a cost saving issue. Poor inventory management.
Cons
very long hours. solutions are hard to find.
N/a
Operator (Current Employee) –  Breslau, ON12 February 2017
Safety-Kleen is a fairly decent employer. Very high safety standards which is nice to see in the industry I was in. Typical day for me was a 12 hour shift.
terrible pay
Level 3 technician/Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 October 2016
I was told 5 years for a raise. My work load and responsibility increased every week . I was given management duties while beining paid the same as the general labourers. After 16 months I quit.
Pros
some good people
Cons
overbearing manager. Always being watched on camera. never ending work load. no raises
Great group of people to work with
Inventory Administration (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 October 2016
The work can be demanding - the nature of the business has its ups and downs as far as volume of work.
Safety on a whole is a priority as a company with various locations and numerous employees
Productive, fun Workplace
Junior Operator (Student Coop) (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON11 June 2016
It was a great learning experince, where I was able to get hands on learning which went well with my theory classes I previously learnt in school.
Compagnie avec beaucoup de capacité de développement.
Assistante administrative (Current Employee) –  Chambly10 May 2016
Bonne ambiance de travail, je suis une personne fiable, autonome, ponctuelle, bonne relation interpersonnelle, souriante et positive.
je recherche un poste de fin semaine pour avoir un revenu complémentaire.
Male dominated environment
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON17 February 2016
There is no room in this organization for women to move up or around. Often presented ideas to management then those projects were handed off to male counterparts who then used my work and presented it as their own.
Pros
boss let us be independant
Cons
no inclusion in lower level staff on improvments
Great Place to Work.
Environmental Services Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 February 2015
Safety-Kleen was great to work for. My boss was fantastic. The office staff were awesome. Towards the end of my time with them I was able to work from home. My manager was based out of California. The manager for the department here in Canada was based out of the Niagara area so I worked on my own most of the time in the office until they told me I could work from home as a satellite office.

I learnt how to have a paperless office which I find great. I also learnt how to work using dual screens. It was the best thing ever to learn.
Safety-Kleen
Customer Service Representative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Breslau, Ontario5 June 2014
Working at Safety-Kleen through Aerotek Temporary Staffing agency was good. It was a nice assignment while it lasted. I would have enjoyed working there if the opportunity did arise. The work they assigned me was interesting and I did learn to use some new programs committed to Safety-Kleen and Clean Harbors.
Pros
Having the opportunity to work full-time and have some overtime as well.
Cons
Having to do the work through a Temp agency. A full-time position would have been better preferred.
Interesting working with the many different levels mangement
Oil Business Methods Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Breslau, ON7 April 2014
We were just starting to gel and the program was gaining buy in and usage when there was the down turn in oil prices and Canadian dollar. The refinery in East Chicago was right into using the QSM program and the refinery in California was getting on board with the main thrust to being PSM certified. The refinery in Breslau was having a tough time with the change to current practice but with the other two refineries already moving forward I was confident we would come together. The Distribution Center in Cambridge was getting process in place and were accepting the move towards ISO certification.
Great team and great place to work.
Sales & Service Rep & Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON22 January 2014
The hours were suitable for the logistic industry. Mainly 7-5 and never worked on weekends.
I learned a lot about logistics and working within a strong team environment. My fellow co-workers were amazing in helping with training and a great bunch of "friends." The hardest part for me for that job, was the out of towns and overnights. It was okay when I started, but being a single father and getting custody of my 5yr old, it made for a difficult time, and is the ONLY reason that I chose to leave. It made it very difficult for me to work the same schedule and care for my child. Whether I was out servicing customers or in the office, the most enjoyable time for me, was the rewards that we all got when we worked as a team to push our office to be one of the best in Canada !!!
A great Job to Advance!!!
Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Breslau Ont18 April 2013
Hardest part was loading ashphalt...loved the job...loved the people...loved the money.....a typical day was how many trucks how many trucks.....
Pros
coffee always...and always to be made
Cons
no smokes
Fun and Challenging workplace
Quality Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 June 2012
I typically worked 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The first hour of the day was spent reading email, checking voice mail, and reviewing any operational problems from the night-shift. A t 10am was the daily plant meeting where we discussed problems and possible solutions. The rest of the day was dictated by the problems of the day and running around between the office and the plant. My time was flexible. I had a team of six members working with me also, and we worked together for the most part. We spent time looking at re-occurring problems with equipments (temperature increase, vibration problems, etc.) and coming up with solutions. I worked with the Chemists at the lab to ensure that the tests for the products were passing and that the plant was functioning properly. I prepared reports and flow charts daily which were submitted to the Management. It was nice because I had a variety of challenges that came up on a daily basis.
Pros
rewards, informative seminars, health and dental care.
Cons
short breaks
Good place to be
Market Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 May 2012
Respects it's employees and has the ability to grow in the market with a more aggressive plan.
Lots of long time employees and atmosphere is good overall.
Pros
freedom
Cons
promotion within is lacking