Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 August 2013
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Pros
Nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons
No direct deposit.
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, Florida5 February 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Healthcare
Fast paced department with supportive staff.
Unit Secretary / Tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL16 August 2014
Fast paced environment dependent on team work. Supportive management. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was learning more about pre, intra, and post operative nursing responsibilities. My nursing education was appreciated and utilized when appropriate.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Initially this unit was understaffed
Great learning experience helping people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA7 October 2015
Small hospital resulting in a family oriented atmosphere. Worked with wonderful people willing to help anyone in their position.

Felt great to help people.

Every day was busy and never a dull moment.
Cons
Work was a one hour drive from home.
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA15 May 2015
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
Pros
HR is very helpful
Cons
Breaks are cut alot
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA23 April 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA6 May 2014
I had to get doctors to come in and complete their charts. The management was nice and you could talk to them if their where any problems. I liked my co-workers. I had to travel almost an hour to work everyday. The most enjoyable are all the parties we had.
Pros
Wonderful Director
Cons
traveling, doctors not coming in to do charts
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 July 2013
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling
Pros
Every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons
new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
Sacred Heart Hospital
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  3240 W. Franklin29 October 2014
My day would start with finding out who my patients were and introducing myself to them and asking if they required anything before their vitals were taken, after that I would assist the RN and the doctors on call with changing bandages and fixing tubing and going over the patients care for my shift. I would work alone most of the time , so I would get to work as soon as possible . The hardest part of my job was when my shift would end , I was part of a team were the care of our patients was 100% , we helped each other in every way, a well oiled machine and they made my job adventurous and I learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my patients and watching them get better and leave the hospital.
Pros
team work with my co-workers, patients, learning new things
Cons
having to leave, wanting to work more hours
environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA25 September 2015
Working at Sacred Heart Hospital made me want to pursue my dreams of becoming an RN. I learned many skills in the Emergency Room Department working as a technician. I learned how to perform EKGs, Foley catheters/straight catheters, wound care/splinting, vital signs, 1:1 observations, and phlebotomy.
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI23 July 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
Wide spread on types of everyday work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OR3 June 2014
I was always getting to work on different things in the hospital. My boss was very happy to give me a wide verity of tasks, so I could gain a much experience as possible. I have learned so much about electronics, others, and myself with this job. My co-workers always included me in the conversation and truly asked for my opinion on ways to solve the problems at hand. The hardest part of this job was not feeling like I truly ever was there long enough to really use my skills to their full extent. My favorite part was getting to work with so many different types of people, weather it was a co-worker or a patient.
Pros
The worker activities and events.
Cons
That I couldn't of gotten to stay longer and gotten more experience.
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a superior place to work. They are professional Engineers in the design/build of infrastructures in all 50 states.
Licensed CNA (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA3 October 2014
I worked as a Administrative Assistant to a Professional licensed Engineer in the Transportation Division of the company. I worked directly for the Vice President of the Mass Transit Section and also the eight PEs that reported to him. My responsibilities were all secretarial duties of the section, phones, filing, library, and all correspondence of Section. I took dictation for the VP and produced correspondence his signature. At times, I was given the authority of signing his name, in his absence. I produced all proposals and job reports from hand-written notes from the PEs and coordinated with drafting and artists the extras for production.
Pros
Excellent Health Care Plan and the fact that you work wirh Professionals
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 April 2012
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
Cons
health care, dental
PAYROLL/ HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 September 2015
I provided Payroll and Human Resources services for a staff of 600 daily. There were great people there, an Administrative team that provided all the support I needed. Working so closely with the employees you learn you must listen to everyone and be supportive.
Pros
Holiday parties, summer picnics.
Cons
salaries
ready to go back to work
In Patient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, Fl7 August 2013
I loved my job. I've learn so much medical stuff it's unreal. couldn't ask for better management or co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when childern with cancer died. But I loved helping people.
execellent enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA4 October 2015
i started working in assisted care area and working in this learnt how to to differentiate differeent medicines, after that i started workingin prescription area helping pharmacist to dispense prescriptions.
Pros
best enviroment to work.
Cons
i enjoyed my manager/supervisor, as well as co-workers. I enjoyed my job, and the constant new challenges it brought.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  medical records/billing department8 May 2012
Typical day at work was mostly just from beginning to end transcribing all hospital notes from priority to ER notes, OP reports, psychiatric notes, etc. I enjoyed my manager and supervisor and they were very helpful and easy to work with and gave encouragement and ways to do things better or easier. Hardest part of my job was understanding some of the providers due to accents, fast talkers, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people as a team player, and learning new things about all that was done and how in the hospital.
great compensation, terrible management, rude staff
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL13 September 2013
The best part about this position was the pay. The manager in the call center is terrible. During my time as an employee more than 15 employees were hired and fired/resigned in the call center. The turn over rate is extremely high due to terrible management and its really sad because Sacred Heart is a great organization to work for, unfortunately I worked for the wrong department. The 2-3 coworkers who have been there the longest are rude and have negative attitudes. The trainer will teach new employees the wrong way to perform different job functions which causes new employees to look incompetent. There are not any truly happy employees in the call center and the best way to keep a position there is to brown nose the manager and tell her EVERYTHING the employee sitting next to you is doing wrong instead of correcting that employee and showing them the right way. I really dont understand why HR have not noticed or done anything about how the call center is ran. There has been numerous complaints from past employees and current supervisors with no results. They expect you to work ridiculous hours due to the fact they cannot keep the call center properly staffed. Its a 24hr operation so I would work 11pm-7am get off and have to be back at 230 that afternoon nevermind the fact that I have to sleep and I am a parent. After a year of working any shift they asked me to work my body and home life started to be affected and when I told supervisor I can only work my shift thats when I started having difficulty with the manager. lAll in all if you desperately need a job then try it out  more... but if your more interested in working happily rather than brown nosing and being rude and snitching at the workplace which causes stress and anxiety about coming to work then you will not be a great fit for the call center. Especially the day shift if you arent into that type of work environment.  less
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, some co-workers, work schedule
Enjoyable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA6 June 2013
On a typical day of volunteering, it was always calm. i learned to make patients feel comfortable, discharge patients, answer calls, make deliveries to different locations in the hospital, put medical files in order and work as a receptionist by picking up phone calls, having patients sign in, send patients where they need to go for there appointments. My co-workers and i worked together (team work) if one person needed help someone would tag along and help them. there was nothing hard about volunteering here. everything was pretty easy. I believe helping patients out, getting them water and talking to them to make them feel comfortable was the most enjoyable part about volunteering here.