Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 August 2015
Nice place to work.. very friendly staff. Easy to talk to management. Easy to transfer from department to department if need be.
Pros
discounts, subsidized healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI23 July 2013
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
Pros
Work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons
Dont remember there being any.
Externship experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA20 March 2014
Very busy, learned to assist in blood pressures, vital signs, minor procedures,clinical and clerical duties. Management style was out of order, Co-workers were alright, hardest part was providing service to concerning patients. Most enjoyable, gaining the actual work experience
Pros
Greatt lunches, service was provided
Cons
Short breaks, and less successful management style, no pay
Sacred Heart Hospital
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  3240 W. Franklin29 October 2014
My day would start with finding out who my patients were and introducing myself to them and asking if they required anything before their vitals were taken, after that I would assist the RN and the doctors on call with changing bandages and fixing tubing and going over the patients care for my shift. I would work alone most of the time , so I would get to work as soon as possible . The hardest part of my job was when my shift would end , I was part of a team were the care of our patients was 100% , we helped each other in every way, a well oiled machine and they made my job adventurous and I learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my patients and watching them get better and leave the hospital.
Pros
team work with my co-workers, patients, learning new things
Cons
having to leave, wanting to work more hours
we are one big family at this Hospital. Lots of very friendly staff.
Record Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Destin, FL1 November 2012
there is a great atmosphere at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Wonderful CEO and great CNO. They are what makes this Hospital what it is. The best atmosphere I have every worked in.
Pros
wonderful discounts in cafe. good food. wonderful staff in cafe.
Cons
could use another staff member to help out with rotation on weekends
Fast paced department with supportive staff.
Unit Secretary / Tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL16 August 2014
Fast paced environment dependent on team work. Supportive management. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was learning more about pre, intra, and post operative nursing responsibilities. My nursing education was appreciated and utilized when appropriate.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Initially this unit was understaffed
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 August 2013
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Pros
Nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons
No direct deposit.
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 April 2012
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
Cons
health care, dental
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL2 October 2013
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital.
Pros
challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons
demanding and heavy workload
Good management and working environment
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 March 2013
My typical day started at 7:00,when i am checking OR sceduling. After that, I am checking my room equipment and I go to the out patient facility to bring the patient in OR. I'm helping in the patient positioning and anesthesia induction. Next, I scrub on the procedure and participate in Surgery, during which I'm exposing the wound, making hemostasis, and closing the wound after Surgery. Between two surgeries, I check the equipment for the next procedure and check the patients rediness. Besides that, I'm helping in patient transportation from the Recovery Room to the floor and from the floor to the wating facility. After OR day is finished, I always turn off all equipment used and go home with the feeling of accomplishment and joy!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
absence of benefits like health insurance
Every day was different and exciting in the Emergency Room.
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA1 May 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day in an Emergency Room. I really enjoyed the fast pace and the interesting people that I met on a daily basis. I enjoy helping people. I worked with a great group of people.
Pros
Every day was different and exciting
Cons
It was only part-time and I needed a full-time position.
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL24 July 2013
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Pros
Wonderful Work envorment
Cons
busy, busy
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a superior place to work. They are professional Engineers in the design/build of infrastructures in all 50 states.
Licensed CNA (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA3 October 2014
I worked as a Administrative Assistant to a Professional licensed Engineer in the Transportation Division of the company. I worked directly for the Vice President of the Mass Transit Section and also the eight PEs that reported to him. My responsibilities were all secretarial duties of the section, phones, filing, library, and all correspondence of Section. I took dictation for the VP and produced correspondence his signature. At times, I was given the authority of signing his name, in his absence. I produced all proposals and job reports from hand-written notes from the PEs and coordinated with drafting and artists the extras for production.
Pros
Excellent Health Care Plan and the fact that you work wirh Professionals
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Again, the people I worked with were wonderful.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL18 September 2012
I loved phlebotomy and was very good at it...I was not a smoker and so I did not take the breaks that the smokers took and therefor drew a lot more blood. The children all asked for me because I did not hurt them. I think this job required expertise and kindness.
Pros
doing a great job and being instantly rewarded.
Cons
pay was not that great.
Discharge Planning
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FL10 December 2012
The day begins with evaluating and distributing patients for assessment and discharge planning preparations for the patients. I evaluate both the medical and psychological status of the patient. Identifying home supports is critical for creating a safe discharge plan.
Pros
work closely with staff and physicians
Cons
time limiting care
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA22 January 2015
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
Pros
friendly working conditions
Cons
underpaid
The position was very fast pace, upbeat, and productive.
Meditech GoLive Inpt. Activation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI1 December 2013
A typical day was 8 hours starting at 7 a.m floating between floors I was assigned to for that particular day. My position offered assistance to nurses and doctors with inputting patient information in EPIC. The nurses and doctors were very open to receiving the direction I offered and appreciated my assistance. Management was very helpful in guiding me to answers I had in regards to unusual question I received from the nurses or doctors. My co workers were very inviting, polite, & professional. The position didn't present any difficulties due to the orientation. And the most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to a place I had never been and meeting new people.
Pros
Great work enviroment and most expenses were reimbursed.
Cons
Compensation wasn't received until 2 weeks after the assignment was over
The staff at this hospital REALLY do care about the patients
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, Florida31 August 2012
I have never seen a more loving staff of people. I mean from the cleaning crew to the CEO. Anyone who works here, really wants to be here. This hospital has an un-heard of 99% satisfaction rate. I'm sorry I had to leave. I really enjoyed this place.
Pros
great attitudes
Cons
honestly, i cant think of any!
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA6 May 2014
I had to get doctors to come in and complete their charts. The management was nice and you could talk to them if their where any problems. I liked my co-workers. I had to travel almost an hour to work everyday. The most enjoyable are all the parties we had.
Pros
Wonderful Director
Cons
traveling, doctors not coming in to do charts
great local hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PA30 April 2014
felt great working in pathology department

appreciated the inportance of my position as a medical transcriptionist

learned I could type big medical terms on a daily basis

have alot of respect for drs and department heads

good feeling to be a part of such a process
Pros
learned lots of medical terminology