Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Pros
nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons
no direct deposit.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 6, 2014
I had to get doctors to come in and complete their charts. The management was nice and you could talk to them if their where any problems. I liked my co-workers. I had to travel almost an hour to work everyday. The most enjoyable are all the parties we had.
Pros
wonderful director
Cons
traveling, doctors not coming in to do charts
Wide spread on types of everyday work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 3, 2014
I was always getting to work on different things in the hospital. My boss was very happy to give me a wide verity of tasks, so I could gain a much experience as possible. I have learned so much about electronics, others, and myself with this job. My co-workers always included me in the conversation and truly asked for my opinion on ways to solve the problems at hand. The hardest part of this job was not feeling like I truly ever was there long enough to really use my skills to their full extent. My favorite part was getting to work with so many different types of people, weather it was a co-worker or a patient.
Pros
the worker activities and events.
Cons
that i couldn't of gotten to stay longer and gotten more experience.
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling
Pros
every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons
new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
Cons
health care, dental
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
During my three months in the Neonatal ICU at Sacred Heart, I learned a great deal about dealing with high-risk newborns and the care that they require. I performed admission assessments and helped the doctors develop a plan of care that was individualized for each infant. Along with caring for the patients, it was important to incorporate family centered care and include families on the plan of care each day. The best part about working in the NICU was the teamwork that every person in the unit possessed. No matter what their role was, every member of the interdisciplinary team worked together to ensure the best care was given to the patient and their families. The hardest part of the job was helping the families deal with such an unexpected outcome of their baby landing in the unit. Not every baby had the best outcome and it was important to make it the best experience possible for the infant and family, no matter the outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the babies that started in the most critical conditions get to go home and live the life that healthy babies are suppose to be able to live.
Pros
teamwork
Strong emphasis on professionalism and supportive atmosphere.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 17, 2014
Pleasant atmosphere
seamless workflow
stress management
Take care of yourself
Pros
supportive atmosphere
i enjoyed my manager/supervisor, as well as co-workers. I enjoyed my job, and the constant new challenges it brought.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  medical records/billing departmentMay 8, 2012
Typical day at work was mostly just from beginning to end transcribing all hospital notes from priority to ER notes, OP reports, psychiatric notes, etc. I enjoyed my manager and supervisor and they were very helpful and easy to work with and gave encouragement and ways to do things better or easier. Hardest part of my job was understanding some of the providers due to accents, fast talkers, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people as a team player, and learning new things about all that was done and how in the hospital.
great compensation, terrible management, rude staff
Hospital Operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2013
The best part about this position was the pay. The manager in the call center is terrible. During my time as an employee more than 15 employees were hired and fired/resigned in the call center. The turn over rate is extremely high due to terrible management and its really sad because Sacred Heart is a great organization to work for, unfortunately I worked for the wrong department. The 2-3 coworkers who have been there the longest are rude and have negative attitudes. The trainer will teach new employees the wrong way to perform different job functions which causes new employees to look incompetent. There are not any truly happy employees in the call center and the best way to keep a position there is to brown nose the manager and tell her EVERYTHING the employee sitting next to you is doing wrong instead of correcting that employee and showing them the right way. I really dont understand why HR have not noticed or done anything about how the call center is ran. There has been numerous complaints from past employees and current supervisors with no results. They expect you to work ridiculous hours due to the fact they cannot keep the call center properly staffed. Its a 24hr operation so I would work 11pm-7am get off and have to be back at 230 that afternoon nevermind the fact that I have to sleep and I am a parent. After a year of working any shift they asked me to work my body and home life started to be affected and when I told supervisor I can only work my shift thats when I started having difficulty with the manager. lAll in all if you desperately need a job then try it out  more... but if your more interested in working happily rather than brown nosing and being rude and snitching at the workplace which causes stress and anxiety about coming to work then you will not be a great fit for the call center. Especially the day shift if you arent into that type of work environment.  less
Pros
great pay
Cons
management, some co-workers, work schedule
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 9, 2014
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Pros
supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons
very fast paced work enviroment
Enjoyable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2013
On a typical day of volunteering, it was always calm. i learned to make patients feel comfortable, discharge patients, answer calls, make deliveries to different locations in the hospital, put medical files in order and work as a receptionist by picking up phone calls, having patients sign in, send patients where they need to go for there appointments. My co-workers and i worked together (team work) if one person needed help someone would tag along and help them. there was nothing hard about volunteering here. everything was pretty easy. I believe helping patients out, getting them water and talking to them to make them feel comfortable was the most enjoyable part about volunteering here.
Good Place to Do An Internship
Med/Surg Internship (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 22, 2013
This is where I did my internship before graduation on the Med/Surg Ortho floor. Here I not only got go directly interaction with patients as a nurse, but I was also able to see the management side as my nurse mentor was also the floor charge nurse.
Long hours well compensated weekend volunteer to perform cases
GI procedure RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2012
As a PRN "perform everything" RN I was able to step in when and where needed. Using IVCS with existing parametes facilited autonomy and a stron bond between the physicians and senior nursing staff.I developed my GI foundation which resulted in the ability to process thoughts and interactions with patients regarding their procedure, assessment and discharge education.
Here the co-workers were supportative but appreciated their autonomy as well.
The most difficult part of this position was to say no when called on days of need or over scheduling. My learing experiences were never ending. I was in a continual learning mode.
The most enjoyable portion of this was to see the relief patients experienced during the education process when informed that their procedures were benign
Pros
all managers and physician comfort with my intra procedural knowledge
Cons
working f/t as rn in usn icu, and meeting the needs as a prn rn.
ready to go back to work
In Patient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlAugust 7, 2013
I loved my job. I've learn so much medical stuff it's unreal. couldn't ask for better management or co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when childern with cancer died. But I loved helping people.
A great place to work.
Registered Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 11, 2013
Working in this hospital, there was many places an Xray technologist is needed. I would go to Surgery, emergency room for a trauma, an outpatient needed an Xray, an inpatient needed and Xray, a Radiologist needed help with a Fluoroscopy case. It was fun having so much to do in a day. I always felt I made a difference working here and the people I touched during their care.
My coworkers were very young, just out of school. Some liked to work, but some just sat, that just meant more for me to do!
The hardest part of my job was having to see the death of people. I know it is the natural way of things, but still hard. Having to work so many weekends in a row was hard too, not much of a family life.
I enjoyed helping patients. no matter how many X-rays you do in a day, they were always exciting. You never knew what was coming next. I loved helping with the spinal/neuro surgeries.
Pros
always moving, exciting, fast paced, always got my hours and then some.
Cons
having to work weekends, helath insurance wasn't the greatest.
I functioned as the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer responsible for all the outpatient departments of the hospital.
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT CARE SERVICES/ASST (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 8, 2013
I was promoted from nurse manager for the short procedure unit to director. I learned that I could manage a unit like cardiac catheterization (as well as others foreign to my experience) without the specialty care experience by trusting the clinical skills to my competent staff. This is where I really got a handle to developing and managing budgets and was able to conduct monthly reviews with the managers who reported to me. I enjoyed working with me colleagues who had diverse backgrounds and we learned from each other.
I actually lover every part of this job because I was constantly learning and transferring knowledge to others. I was identified as team leader to lead teams to improve productivity.
Pros
rapid change, responsibility for a wide range of departments, ability to cross lines when necessary
Cons
nursing shortage, limited financial resources, inner-city environment
I enjoyed doing patient care in Adult ICU.
RN Adult ICU (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 28, 2012
I loved working there. Always a friendly and positive atmosphere. I learned a lot when I was there and I had been a nurse for a long time then. I would love to work there again. The patients were more critical than where I had worked and it was wonderful to see them get the treatment they needed and get well. They were the types of patients that the hospital where I worked full time would have to ship to SHH or other facilities because of the lack of facilities. I won't say that it was easy. Nursing never is if you care about what you do. I just never felt alone in my patient care. Co-workers were eager to help each other. The management seemed to have a good hold on the system and it always ran well on the days that I worked there. The hardest part of my job was when you just can't do anything for your patient but comfort measures for them and their families. But that is everywhere you work. I enjoyed the participation of the co-workers in any situation. I have worked in bigger hospitals since then but I don't think I have worked anywhere else that had that kind of positive support system. I sincerely hope SHH gives me a chance to work there again. I love my job as a nurse. I don't job hop. I think you can make a difference in the continuity of patient care if you are able to work consistantly. I want to make that difference.
Pros
newer, better, supplies, people worked together better, positive attitude.
Cons
parking distance, distance to cafeteria
very nice co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2014
Appointment scheduling, billing, coding, insurance claims, medical records management, power point, ms word, excel excellent customer service. vital patient's.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks