Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast day with many great people to work with.
Buyer (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 5, 2012
Pros: a lovely christmas dinner for all!!
Cons: do not expect to leave on time.
I was extemely happy to be there. I enjoyed the people I primarily worked with. The hardest part would be keeping up with the monetary issues of the network regarding purchasing and or returning. I loved the atmosphere.
Great place to work. Attainable goal with emphasis on excellent patient care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Springfield, ORNovember 24, 2012
Pros: beautiful hospital and enviornment. definitely a good place to work.
Cons: at times nurses seemed isolated due to size of unit.
I have worked in a number of hospitals since my move to the eastern board of the USA. Working for Sacred Heart hospital was a unique and positive experience, in which I learned much that has served me well in my career. I worked on the fourth floor caring for cardiac and thoracic surgical patients. Challenges that I had was mainly in my goal to give – more... the best care possible...a challenge that I found possible to meet in the Sacred Heart Hospital . I can honestly say that my co workers were a great group of nurses willing to pitch in and help when asked and generally positive and enjoyable to work with. At the time I worked at the hospital I found management for the most part on the scene, a listening ear and did seek ways to improve nursing processes . – less
we are one big family at this Hospital. Lots of very friendly staff.
Record Completion Analyst (Current Employee), Destin, FLNovember 1, 2012
Pros: wonderful discounts in cafe. good food. wonderful staff in cafe.
Cons: could use another staff member to help out with rotation on weekends
there is a great atmosphere at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Wonderful CEO and great CNO. They are what makes this Hospital what it is. The best atmosphere I have every worked in.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch for your birthday
Release of Information, copied charts, retreived and filed records, Updated patient index files, reviewed microfiche. Great co-workers, I enjoyed going to work everyday.
ok place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2012
A nice small hospital to work if you are tried of big hospitals.
A day in Sacred Heart
Extern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 25, 2012
Since I was just an extern I cannot say too much about Sacred Heart. Everyday I would help with inventory and help people with their jobs, just to learn what they do in each place. Everyone seemed to be very close and excited to teach. The hardest part of the position is sterile compounding just because it's my weakest point. I enjoyed most the learning – more... process, being able to catch onto something and able to perform it without someone telling me. – less
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great free food
Cons: no cons
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly – more... and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients. – less
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2012
Good place to work, great co-workers, always something to do, good medical experience
Mission Statement: Provider and Partner of Choice
Emergency Room Coordinator/Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee), Hanford, CASeptember 25, 2012
Competitive salary and opportunities for proactive care in treatment of patients. Quality of care and continued education very much encouraged. Management a part of day to day operation.

Working closely with co-workers and keeping the lines of communication going.

The hardest part of the job including dependence on coworkers, patient care technicians – more... and staff to think as a unit. Keeping the goals of safety and improvement of patient health at the core of "caring for patients". – less
Again, the people I worked with were wonderful.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: doing a great job and being instantly rewarded.
Cons: pay was not that great.
I loved phlebotomy and was very good at it...I was not a smoker and so I did not take the breaks that the smokers took and therefor drew a lot more blood. The children all asked for me because I did not hurt them. I think this job required expertise and kindness.
Friendly and teamwork
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short staffed at times
Workng on a psych unit can be stressfull, but have great co-workers that will help you no matter what makes it easier to get through the shift. I enjoy being able to give a patient hope and to ease theri fears for when they are discharged. Sometimes having to deal with a patient who is high can be challenging, but we have the help that we need to get – more... them admitted and settled in. – less
Had a working partner, she left and was not replaced. Was hard to do two person job.
OB/GYN Office Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 2, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: they wanted everything done yesterday!
Generally a good place to work. People are friendly. Not in the best part of town. They expected more than what you are able to give. I would not return to their employement
The staff at this hospital REALLY do care about the patients
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FloridaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: great attitudes
Cons: honestly, i cant think of any!
I have never seen a more loving staff of people. I mean from the cleaning crew to the CEO. Anyone who works here, really wants to be here. This hospital has an un-heard of 99% satisfaction rate. I'm sorry I had to leave. I really enjoyed this place.
Wonderful work environment, very supportive of employees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: emotional
Sacred Heart is a great place to work! Management is very supportive of employees and open to advancement from within when possible. I've learned a lot about teamwork, leadership and support.
Great enviroment for interns to learn.
Cardiac Sonography Intern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2012
Internship went very well. Unfortunate that they do not hire from internship positions.
very productive production
manager/dietary (Former Employee), Yankton, SDAugust 8, 2012
Pros: great diets
great diets learned all aspects of diets and puree, and ground food, what to order, and what it takes to make the food taste great
A Place to get Started
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2012
Pros: benefits- health insurance, discounts, plenty of hours available to work, shift differential pay
Cons: unfriendly coworkers/management
I have to say that I love my job as a pharmacy technician and I was beyond thrilled when I got hired with Sacred Heart Hospital. I was finally being able to move out of retail pharmacy and really get into my career without the stresses of customers and third party insurance plans.
At first, I loved coming to work. My favorite task was working with the – more... Pyxis Medstations. There were 27 Medstations and 9 Pyxis Anesthesia System machines throughout the hospital. I learned how to restock, load, and unload different medications determined by individual patient and each floors' needs.
Anesthesia Pyxis was also another favorite. This task was a short evening shift where my sole purpose was to inventory and restock the Pyxis in each operating room.
The most difficult part of my job was learning where everything from what ward was on which floor and where each Pyxis machine was located. I also had to take most of what I learned in retail pharmacy and forget it. Hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy are the same concept, only different medications and procedures. I no longer needed to know what Medicaid formulary was and instead I needed to know difference between Lactated Ringers and Dextrose 5%/Normal Saline/20 MEq of Potassium.
Unfortunately, I was not employed with Sacred Heart long enough to be trained in the IV room. I did not get the experience I desired with making custom order and STAT IVs using the Laminar Flow Hood.
Another disappointment during my employment was the relationship with my coworkers. As much as I tried to get to know each one, some were reluctant to form a healthy work relationship with me. Others did not try at all. Management also reacted in the same manner.
Overall, I did enjoy my job very much so with the exception of my relationships with my coworkers. – less
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2012
It is a very busy place to work. You can have a personable type work setting if you wish.
Very friendly place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learning invirioment
Very professional staff and really learned alot. Learned organizational skills.
Long hours well compensated weekend volunteer to perform cases
GI procedure RN (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: all managers and physician comfort with my intra procedural knowledge
Cons: working f/t as rn in usn icu, and meeting the needs as a prn rn.
As a PRN "perform everything" RN I was able to step in when and where needed. Using IVCS with existing parametes facilited autonomy and a stron bond between the physicians and senior nursing staff.I developed my GI foundation which resulted in the ability to process thoughts and interactions with patients regarding their procedure, assessment and discharge – more... education.
Here the co-workers were supportative but appreciated their autonomy as well.
The most difficult part of this position was to say no when called on days of need or over scheduling. My learing experiences were never ending. I was in a continual learning mode.
The most enjoyable portion of this was to see the relief patients experienced during the education process when informed that their procedures were benign – less