Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful work environment, very supportive of employees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2012
Sacred Heart is a great place to work! Management is very supportive of employees and open to advancement from within when possible. I've learned a lot about teamwork, leadership and support.
Pros
on-site cafeteria
Cons
emotional
Wide spread on types of everyday work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 3, 2014
I was always getting to work on different things in the hospital. My boss was very happy to give me a wide verity of tasks, so I could gain a much experience as possible. I have learned so much about electronics, others, and myself with this job. My co-workers always included me in the conversation and truly asked for my opinion on ways to solve the problems at hand. The hardest part of this job was not feeling like I truly ever was there long enough to really use my skills to their full extent. My favorite part was getting to work with so many different types of people, weather it was a co-worker or a patient.
Pros
the worker activities and events.
Cons
that i couldn't of gotten to stay longer and gotten more experience.
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2012
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients.
Pros
great free food
Cons
no cons
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling
Pros
every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons
new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
Cons
health care, dental
Enjoyed the position that I was in and the responsibilities involved!
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 28, 2012
I enjoyed working the position that I held for over 11 years. I still feel that Sacred Heart Hospital is a good place to work for. They try to look out for their employees.
Pros
free meals during the holidays, free iron pigs night out, employees paid dance night out, employees paid trips to n.y. city
Cons
h.r. manager does not listen to reason, you do not get a full lunch break, you do not get a 15 minute break, there was no coverage for restroom break
Enjoyable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 6, 2013
On a typical day of volunteering, it was always calm. i learned to make patients feel comfortable, discharge patients, answer calls, make deliveries to different locations in the hospital, put medical files in order and work as a receptionist by picking up phone calls, having patients sign in, send patients where they need to go for there appointments. My co-workers and i worked together (team work) if one person needed help someone would tag along and help them. there was nothing hard about volunteering here. everything was pretty easy. I believe helping patients out, getting them water and talking to them to make them feel comfortable was the most enjoyable part about volunteering here.
i enjoyed my manager/supervisor, as well as co-workers. I enjoyed my job, and the constant new challenges it brought.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  medical records/billing departmentMay 8, 2012
Typical day at work was mostly just from beginning to end transcribing all hospital notes from priority to ER notes, OP reports, psychiatric notes, etc. I enjoyed my manager and supervisor and they were very helpful and easy to work with and gave encouragement and ways to do things better or easier. Hardest part of my job was understanding some of the providers due to accents, fast talkers, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people as a team player, and learning new things about all that was done and how in the hospital.
Long hours well compensated weekend volunteer to perform cases
GI procedure RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2012
As a PRN "perform everything" RN I was able to step in when and where needed. Using IVCS with existing parametes facilited autonomy and a stron bond between the physicians and senior nursing staff.I developed my GI foundation which resulted in the ability to process thoughts and interactions with patients regarding their procedure, assessment and discharge education.
Here the co-workers were supportative but appreciated their autonomy as well.
The most difficult part of this position was to say no when called on days of need or over scheduling. My learing experiences were never ending. I was in a continual learning mode.
The most enjoyable portion of this was to see the relief patients experienced during the education process when informed that their procedures were benign
Pros
all managers and physician comfort with my intra procedural knowledge
Cons
working f/t as rn in usn icu, and meeting the needs as a prn rn.
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
healthcare
A great place to work.
Registered Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 11, 2013
Working in this hospital, there was many places an Xray technologist is needed. I would go to Surgery, emergency room for a trauma, an outpatient needed an Xray, an inpatient needed and Xray, a Radiologist needed help with a Fluoroscopy case. It was fun having so much to do in a day. I always felt I made a difference working here and the people I touched during their care.
My coworkers were very young, just out of school. Some liked to work, but some just sat, that just meant more for me to do!
The hardest part of my job was having to see the death of people. I know it is the natural way of things, but still hard. Having to work so many weekends in a row was hard too, not much of a family life.
I enjoyed helping patients. no matter how many X-rays you do in a day, they were always exciting. You never knew what was coming next. I loved helping with the spinal/neuro surgeries.
Pros
always moving, exciting, fast paced, always got my hours and then some.
Cons
having to work weekends, helath insurance wasn't the greatest.
I functioned as the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer responsible for all the outpatient departments of the hospital.
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT CARE SERVICES/ASST (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 8, 2013
I was promoted from nurse manager for the short procedure unit to director. I learned that I could manage a unit like cardiac catheterization (as well as others foreign to my experience) without the specialty care experience by trusting the clinical skills to my competent staff. This is where I really got a handle to developing and managing budgets and was able to conduct monthly reviews with the managers who reported to me. I enjoyed working with me colleagues who had diverse backgrounds and we learned from each other.
I actually lover every part of this job because I was constantly learning and transferring knowledge to others. I was identified as team leader to lead teams to improve productivity.
Pros
rapid change, responsibility for a wide range of departments, ability to cross lines when necessary
Cons
nursing shortage, limited financial resources, inner-city environment
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Pros
Poor patient care:
Cons
Poor Doctor treaments:
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
During my three months in the Neonatal ICU at Sacred Heart, I learned a great deal about dealing with high-risk newborns and the care that they require. I performed admission assessments and helped the doctors develop a plan of care that was individualized for each infant. Along with caring for the patients, it was important to incorporate family centered care and include families on the plan of care each day. The best part about working in the NICU was the teamwork that every person in the unit possessed. No matter what their role was, every member of the interdisciplinary team worked together to ensure the best care was given to the patient and their families. The hardest part of the job was helping the families deal with such an unexpected outcome of their baby landing in the unit. Not every baby had the best outcome and it was important to make it the best experience possible for the infant and family, no matter the outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the babies that started in the most critical conditions get to go home and live the life that healthy babies are suppose to be able to live.
Pros
teamwork
Externship experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2014
Very busy, learned to assist in blood pressures, vital signs, minor procedures,clinical and clerical duties. Management style was out of order, Co-workers were alright, hardest part was providing service to concerning patients. Most enjoyable, gaining the actual work experience
Pros
greatt lunches, service was provided
Cons
short breaks, and less successful management style, no pay
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
Pros
work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons
dont remember there being any.
Fast paced department with supportive staff.
Unit Secretary / Tech (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2014
Fast paced environment dependent on team work. Supportive management. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was learning more about pre, intra, and post operative nursing responsibilities. My nursing education was appreciated and utilized when appropriate.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
initially this unit was understaffed
we are one big family at this Hospital. Lots of very friendly staff.
Record Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLNovember 1, 2012
there is a great atmosphere at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Wonderful CEO and great CNO. They are what makes this Hospital what it is. The best atmosphere I have every worked in.
Pros
wonderful discounts in cafe. good food. wonderful staff in cafe.
Cons
could use another staff member to help out with rotation on weekends
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 9, 2014
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Pros
supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons
very fast paced work enviroment
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Pros
nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons
no direct deposit.