Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Place to get Started
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2012
Pros: benefits- health insurance, discounts, plenty of hours available to work, shift differential pay
Cons: unfriendly coworkers/management
I have to say that I love my job as a pharmacy technician and I was beyond thrilled when I got hired with Sacred Heart Hospital. I was finally being able to move out of retail pharmacy and really get into my career without the stresses of customers and third party insurance plans.
At first, I loved coming to work. My favorite task was working with the – more... Pyxis Medstations. There were 27 Medstations and 9 Pyxis Anesthesia System machines throughout the hospital. I learned how to restock, load, and unload different medications determined by individual patient and each floors' needs.
Anesthesia Pyxis was also another favorite. This task was a short evening shift where my sole purpose was to inventory and restock the Pyxis in each operating room.
The most difficult part of my job was learning where everything from what ward was on which floor and where each Pyxis machine was located. I also had to take most of what I learned in retail pharmacy and forget it. Hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy are the same concept, only different medications and procedures. I no longer needed to know what Medicaid formulary was and instead I needed to know difference between Lactated Ringers and Dextrose 5%/Normal Saline/20 MEq of Potassium.
Unfortunately, I was not employed with Sacred Heart long enough to be trained in the IV room. I did not get the experience I desired with making custom order and STAT IVs using the Laminar Flow Hood.
Another disappointment during my employment was the relationship with my coworkers. As much as I tried to get to know each one, some were reluctant to form a healthy work relationship with me. Others did not try at all. Management also reacted in the same manner.
Overall, I did enjoy my job very much so with the exception of my relationships with my coworkers. – less
Registered nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2012
It is a very busy place to work. You can have a personable type work setting if you wish.
Very friendly place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2012
Pros: learning invirioment
Very professional staff and really learned alot. Learned organizational skills.
Long hours well compensated weekend volunteer to perform cases
GI procedure RN (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: all managers and physician comfort with my intra procedural knowledge
Cons: working f/t as rn in usn icu, and meeting the needs as a prn rn.
As a PRN "perform everything" RN I was able to step in when and where needed. Using IVCS with existing parametes facilited autonomy and a stron bond between the physicians and senior nursing staff.I developed my GI foundation which resulted in the ability to process thoughts and interactions with patients regarding their procedure, assessment and discharge – more... education.
Here the co-workers were supportative but appreciated their autonomy as well.
The most difficult part of this position was to say no when called on days of need or over scheduling. My learing experiences were never ending. I was in a continual learning mode.
The most enjoyable portion of this was to see the relief patients experienced during the education process when informed that their procedures were benign – less
Rewarding very rewarding
Adolescent Counselor (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 30, 2012
This was easily one of the best if not the best places that I have worked in my life, because patient care is their first priority and the staff are the greatest.
Time at SHH
Admission Clerk (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 16, 2012
Acquired lot's of experience and knowledge in the Medical Records department. Currently with my schooling in CPT & ICD9 has made me a much more valuable asset to my department and company.
i enjoyed my manager/supervisor, as well as co-workers. I enjoyed my job, and the constant new challenges it brought.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), medical records/billing departmentMay 8, 2012
Typical day at work was mostly just from beginning to end transcribing all hospital notes from priority to ER notes, OP reports, psychiatric notes, etc. I enjoyed my manager and supervisor and they were very helpful and easy to work with and gave encouragement and ways to do things better or easier. Hardest part of my job was understanding some of the – more... providers due to accents, fast talkers, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people as a team player, and learning new things about all that was done and how in the hospital. – less
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
Cons: health care, dental
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was – more... contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital – less
I enjoyed doing patient care in Adult ICU.
RN Adult ICU (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 28, 2012
Pros: newer, better, supplies, people worked together better, positive attitude.
Cons: parking distance, distance to cafeteria
I loved working there. Always a friendly and positive atmosphere. I learned a lot when I was there and I had been a nurse for a long time then. I would love to work there again. The patients were more critical than where I had worked and it was wonderful to see them get the treatment they needed and get well. They were the types of patients that the – more... hospital where I worked full time would have to ship to SHH or other facilities because of the lack of facilities. I won't say that it was easy. Nursing never is if you care about what you do. I just never felt alone in my patient care. Co-workers were eager to help each other. The management seemed to have a good hold on the system and it always ran well on the days that I worked there. The hardest part of my job was when you just can't do anything for your patient but comfort measures for them and their families. But that is everywhere you work. I enjoyed the participation of the co-workers in any situation. I have worked in bigger hospitals since then but I don't think I have worked anywhere else that had that kind of positive support system. I sincerely hope SHH gives me a chance to work there again. I love my job as a nurse. I don't job hop. I think you can make a difference in the continuity of patient care if you are able to work consistantly. I want to make that difference. – less
Enjoyed the position that I was in and the responsibilities involved!
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free meals during the holidays, free iron pigs night out, employees paid dance night out, employees paid trips to n.y. city
Cons: h.r. manager does not listen to reason, you do not get a full lunch break, you do not get a 15 minute break, there was no coverage for restroom break
I enjoyed working the position that I held for over 11 years. I still feel that Sacred Heart Hospital is a good place to work for. They try to look out for their employees.
Fast pace environment with dedicated, hard working people.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 17, 2012
This position gives you a sense of purpose, because you are providing a service to those who are in need of a variety of healthcare solutions to better improve their quality of life.
Stable place to work for...
CRCST (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 12, 2012
I enjoy working for Sacred Heart and find it to be a stable job. However, I think there can be improvements to the way things are run as well.
IT WAS OK TO WORK AT SACRED HEART HOSPITAL
Time and Attendance Coordinator (Former Employee), Pensacola FloridaJanuary 1, 2012
ALL AN ALL IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK THAT IS ALL I CAN SAY. about sacred heart.when the nuns ran the hospital it was a great place to work
Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2011
Pros: loved my patients. made lifelong friends there.
Cons: pay raises
First Full Time Job as a Rad Tech
Got great experience from Sacred Heart Hosp.
Its in a good neighborhood
Lead Transcription. (Former Employee), Pensacola FLNovember 24, 2011
Pros: they encourage and promote within.
Cons: the sisters are there no longer
I worked at this hospital for 6 years and enjoyed the whole time I was there. I was able to learn multiple things and was very well accepted.