Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Pros
nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons
no direct deposit.
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
Cons
health care, dental
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2013
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital.
Pros
challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons
demanding and heavy workload
Good management and working environment
Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 5, 2013
My typical day started at 7:00,when i am checking OR sceduling. After that, I am checking my room equipment and I go to the out patient facility to bring the patient in OR. I'm helping in the patient positioning and anesthesia induction. Next, I scrub on the procedure and participate in Surgery, during which I'm exposing the wound, making hemostasis, and closing the wound after Surgery. Between two surgeries, I check the equipment for the next procedure and check the patients rediness. Besides that, I'm helping in patient transportation from the Recovery Room to the floor and from the floor to the wating facility. After OR day is finished, I always turn off all equipment used and go home with the feeling of accomplishment and joy!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
absence of benefits like health insurance
Every day was different and exciting in the Emergency Room.
Emergency Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 1, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day in an Emergency Room. I really enjoyed the fast pace and the interesting people that I met on a daily basis. I enjoy helping people. I worked with a great group of people.
Pros
every day was different and exciting
Cons
it was only part-time and i needed a full-time position.
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Pros
wonderful work envorment
Cons
busy
Again, the people I worked with were wonderful.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2012
I loved phlebotomy and was very good at it...I was not a smoker and so I did not take the breaks that the smokers took and therefor drew a lot more blood. The children all asked for me because I did not hurt them. I think this job required expertise and kindness.
Pros
doing a great job and being instantly rewarded.
Cons
pay was not that great.
Discharge Planning
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLDecember 10, 2012
The day begins with evaluating and distributing patients for assessment and discharge planning preparations for the patients. I evaluate both the medical and psychological status of the patient. Identifying home supports is critical for creating a safe discharge plan.
Pros
work closely with staff and physicians
Cons
time limiting care
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 6, 2014
I had to get doctors to come in and complete their charts. The management was nice and you could talk to them if their where any problems. I liked my co-workers. I had to travel almost an hour to work everyday. The most enjoyable are all the parties we had.
Pros
wonderful director
Cons
traveling, doctors not coming in to do charts
great local hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 30, 2014
felt great working in pathology department

appreciated the inportance of my position as a medical transcriptionist

learned I could type big medical terms on a daily basis

have alot of respect for drs and department heads

good feeling to be a part of such a process
Pros
learned lots of medical terminology
ok work place
HEALTHCALL CLERK (Current Employee) –  allentownJanuary 23, 2015
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
•Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
•Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
The position was very fast pace, upbeat, and productive.
Meditech GoLive Inpt. Activation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2013
A typical day was 8 hours starting at 7 a.m floating between floors I was assigned to for that particular day. My position offered assistance to nurses and doctors with inputting patient information in EPIC. The nurses and doctors were very open to receiving the direction I offered and appreciated my assistance. Management was very helpful in guiding me to answers I had in regards to unusual question I received from the nurses or doctors. My co workers were very inviting, polite, & professional. The position didn't present any difficulties due to the orientation. And the most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to a place I had never been and meeting new people.
Pros
great work enviroment and most expenses were reimbursed.
Cons
compensation wasn't received until 2 weeks after the assignment was over
The staff at this hospital REALLY do care about the patients
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FloridaAugust 31, 2012
I have never seen a more loving staff of people. I mean from the cleaning crew to the CEO. Anyone who works here, really wants to be here. This hospital has an un-heard of 99% satisfaction rate. I'm sorry I had to leave. I really enjoyed this place.
Pros
great attitudes
Cons
honestly, i cant think of any!
Sacred Heart promoted good values, excellent work ethic, friendly and respectful co-workers
RT(R) (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 9, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Sacred Heart Hospital. All the co-workers got along inside and outside of work. We all worked as a team. Any two coworkers could pair up and share the responsibilities of an exam very smoothly. While one person was pulling up the exam on the computer the other person would verify and prepping the patient for the exam; while one tech would position the patient the other would align the tube. Everyone displayed compassion and PPE was always worn and cleanliness was always practiced. Management did not micro-manage and doctors took our professional opinion into account when ordering exams. There was a sense of pride and accomplishment that I always appreciated. Doctors were respectful, courteous and were good about complimenting the staff.
Pros
everything
Cons
3rd shift was tough for me.
Reduced lunches and plenty of breaks
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2014
Sacred Heart was a job that taught me to never take life for granted. This place was a great place to work in. The hardest part about working in a hospital were deaths that occurred. Housekeeping was a learning experince.
Pros
moving up in he work enviornment
Cons
getting sick from the hospital
Excellent care, adaquate supervision and resources
Staff RN, Charge Nurse - Nights, (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Patient chart review, med administration and evaluation. Gained knowledge of Mental Health Care beyond my basic exposure with dementia patients. Interdiclipinary staff supportive and informative. Helping others, (staff & patients) on a daily basis with goals.
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
Had a working partner, she left and was not replaced. Was hard to do two person job.
OB/GYN Office Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 2, 2012
Generally a good place to work. People are friendly. Not in the best part of town. They expected more than what you are able to give. I would not return to their employement
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
they wanted everything done yesterday!
Very fast day with many great people to work with.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 5, 2012
I was extemely happy to be there. I enjoyed the people I primarily worked with. The hardest part would be keeping up with the monetary issues of the network regarding purchasing and or returning. I loved the atmosphere.
Pros
a lovely christmas dinner for all!!
Cons
do not expect to leave on time.