Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 September 2013
Comfortable hours.
Management is moderate.
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. We were like a family.
Most enjoyable is to work around friendly people everyday.
Benefits
Cons
Company is great to work for management needs some work
Hemodialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WA2 September 2014
Great employees hard working a bit of trouble with management listening to facility problems. Benefits are great
Pros
Great benefits and co workers.
Cons
Very difficult to get breaks or lunches
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA29 May 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
One of the worst jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL9 September 2015
This hospital does not promote employee satisfaction. I do not recommend this place of employment.I was treated badly on a daily basis. Management is never around to help when it is busy.
Pros
not very many pros.
Cons
Horrible management
Amazing
W.O.W / RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 July 2015
Fun and exciting opportunities and challenges with an amazingly supportive staff/team and management. Peers and leaders worked together towards positive patient outcomes with the progressive vision towards change and employee and company growth.
Pros
Team Spirit
Cons
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola,Florida13 August 2013
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test.
Pros
Great hospital and benefits
Cons
second shift, did not see my children much
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P0726 August 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA16 October 2012
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients.
Pros
great free food
Cons
no cons
Excellent staff with team work philosophy.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA28 May 2013
Night shift on the Extended Acute Care Unit, Behavioral Health, can be challenging and requires one to be on there toes, recognizing and treating behavioral issues, and utilizing therapeutic skills. With two nurses and one MHT on a 19 bed unit, it is busy and demanding, but in a positive sort of way. Management does their best to maintain a positive and efficient work environment. The hardest part of the job is when census is down and the MHT is pulled. The patients on this unit have lifelong mental health issues and can be highly volatile in a short period of time. With only two nurses there is a sense of being unsafe. That is a true negative in this position, but one that has been adapted to. Most enjoyable is the interaction with the patients who are sincere in trying to manage their illness and are trying their best. Even those who have difficulty coping can have a positive impact on the day when they can be reached and a smile brought to their face, if only for a moment.
Pros
Covered, safe parking deck with access to the facility.
Cons
Short staffing and no break room available for our locked unit.
It was ok to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 May 2015
A typical day was to acquire equipment and draw blood. I learned how to communicate with patients better. I also learned how to be more efficient at drawing blood. The management was ok but I believe it could of been ran a lot better. I learned how to talk to my patients and how to get their minds off the procedure so it would not hurt as much.
Pros
The coworkers were ok to work with
Cons
The hospital closed
Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL15 December 2011
First Full Time Job as a Rad Tech
Got great experience from Sacred Heart Hosp.
Pros
loved my patients. made lifelong friends there.
Cons
pay raises
Work Place
Medical and Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL14 September 2014
My typical work starts with receiving reports and transferred care from Day shift, head to toe assessment, Patient Care, Administration of Medications and Paper Charting
I gained patience with patient, family and my co-workers
Management were compliant with staff requested schedules
Hardest part of my job was, cared for deceased patients
The most enjoyable part of my Job was caring for my patients
Pros
Availability for seminar and Certifications
Cons
Limited resources for seminars and certifications
A Place to get Started
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI23 July 2012
I have to say that I love my job as a pharmacy technician and I was beyond thrilled when I got hired with Sacred Heart Hospital. I was finally being able to move out of retail pharmacy and really get into my career without the stresses of customers and third party insurance plans.
At first, I loved coming to work. My favorite task was working with the Pyxis Medstations. There were 27 Medstations and 9 Pyxis Anesthesia System machines throughout the hospital. I learned how to restock, load, and unload different medications determined by individual patient and each floors' needs.
Anesthesia Pyxis was also another favorite. This task was a short evening shift where my sole purpose was to inventory and restock the Pyxis in each operating room.
The most difficult part of my job was learning where everything from what ward was on which floor and where each Pyxis machine was located. I also had to take most of what I learned in retail pharmacy and forget it. Hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy are the same concept, only different medications and procedures. I no longer needed to know what Medicaid formulary was and instead I needed to know difference between Lactated Ringers and Dextrose 5%/Normal Saline/20 MEq of Potassium.
Unfortunately, I was not employed with Sacred Heart long enough to be trained in the IV room. I did not get the experience I desired with making custom order and STAT IVs using the Laminar Flow Hood.
Another disappointment during my employment was the relationship with my coworkers. As much as I tried to get to know each one, some were reluctant to form a healthy
  more... work relationship with me. Others did not try at all. Management also reacted in the same manner.
Overall, I did enjoy my job very much so with the exception of my relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
benefits- health insurance, discounts, plenty of hours available to work, shift differential pay
Cons
unfriendly coworkers/management
same as others
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MD16 October 2013
good environment fun co-workers no type of advancement, no management around, hours run by anesthesia and not managment
Truely love working with children
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA18 September 2014
A day work vitals, weight, head circumference , charting , writing any current sickness or concerns , making sure rooms are available for patients , I've learned to have patients understanding how to treat certain situation, management level very well organized , co workers were enjoyable to be around as well as helpful, hardest part children sick & new born babies having to get shots , enjoyable part waking up to a job you love to do ,
Pros
Great working enviorment
Cons
a workplace that i can enhance may advance skills related to nursing.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  P0120 October 2015
Good workplace with supportive and helpful senior colleagues. Happiest part of being a nurse is that at the end of the day/shift/ work duty, patients and relatives appreciate your job and thankful.
I've also learned how to prioritize the needs of the patient and give them appropriate interventions.I grow in this company as a nurse and develop my skills and showed what i have as a professional.
okay place to work
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 August 2015
Nice place to work.. very friendly staff. Easy to talk to management. Easy to transfer from department to department if need be.
Pros
discounts, subsidized healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI23 July 2013
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
Pros
Work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons
Dont remember there being any.
we are one big family at this Hospital. Lots of very friendly staff.
Record Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Destin, FL1 November 2012
there is a great atmosphere at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Wonderful CEO and great CNO. They are what makes this Hospital what it is. The best atmosphere I have every worked in.
Pros
wonderful discounts in cafe. good food. wonderful staff in cafe.
Cons
could use another staff member to help out with rotation on weekends
Externship experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA20 March 2014
Very busy, learned to assist in blood pressures, vital signs, minor procedures,clinical and clerical duties. Management style was out of order, Co-workers were alright, hardest part was providing service to concerning patients. Most enjoyable, gaining the actual work experience
Pros
Greatt lunches, service was provided
Cons
Short breaks, and less successful management style, no pay