Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Emergency Room unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA13 February 2015
A typical day in the emergency room is registering patients, verifying insurances and making sure they are comfortable the entire stay.
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, Florida5 February 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Healthcare
ok work place
HEALTHCALL CLERK (Current Employee) –  allentown23 January 2015
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
•Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
•Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA22 January 2015
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
Pros
friendly working conditions
Cons
underpaid
productive
Sacred Heart Teaching Hospital (Former Employee) –  Nigeria8 January 2015
clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment in all major areas of responsibility
Pros
free lunches and free transportation
Cons
20 hours per week
Intern
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PA4 January 2015
awesome place to work. everyone is very nice. people are always willing to help if in a difficult situation.
Pros
very nice people. under great supervison
Cons
only an extern, not to many openings
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA28 December 2014
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
Pros
Paid lunch brake
Cons
The medical staff
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 December 2014
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement in your career.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
OK to work for them...if you're a nurse or doctor.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI6 December 2014
This was my first transcriptionist position and I learned so much about the processes of the medical records. I was busy most of the time and when we weren't busy, we had to use our Paid Time Off (PTO). We could accrue PTO but we had a difficult time getting it approved by our supervisor as she would only allow one person off at a time. When we were outsourced, I had over 300 hours of PTO that had to be paid out. Our supervisor was out of the office most of the day and when it came time for our yearly reviews, she had to ask the person just below her to give her information as to whether or not we were good at our jobs. No clue as to what we did on a daily basis. The women I worked with were helpful, a lot of fun, and very nice. I'm still in contact with them. I liked my position because I felt I was helping people even though I wasn't a doctor, nurse or some other medical professional that had contact with the patients. I felt that the quality of my work helped the medical professionals do their job.
Pros
I was able to work from home. The pay and benefits were very good.
Cons
Management didn't seem to care about the people in the department, no job security as our department was outsourced to another company with absolutely no warning, very difficult time getting time off when needed.
Great place to work.... very friendly staff and patients
Admissions/Outpatient Reg/Billing/Collections (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA4 December 2014
Had to leave the position due to having to help take care of father who had stage 4 cancer
Externship Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL19 November 2014
I enjoyed my externship. Learned an extreme amount of knowlegde. The techs were very informative and felt the need to push you to learn more. I love that. A challenge was needed.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Supervising & assisting new nurses with patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 November 2014
A typical day involved seeing each patient and assessing their needs, while making rounds with the RN supervisor leaving her shift. I would then make patient assignments according to an appropriate nurse coming on. I would receive report & plan patient care appropriately. I would make sure each patient had the care they needed, plus extra TLC. I enjoyed management & teaching because I saw many positive outcomes. The hardest part was when we could not have a favorable outcome no matter what we did. The most enjoyable part was seeing success & happiness, in patients and staff.
Pros
3 nights per week, 4 off.
Cons
Night shift could be hard with the hours demanded, the physicians angry that you were calling them, and the limited care sometimes due to the hour of need.
I can not forget the days worked at this hospital.I really loved everything about this place.
RN (Former Employee) –  KL4 November 2014
The experiences I got from this hospital are very valuable in my life.
Hospital is closed now. Small Hospital
Clinical Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 October 2014
Great place to work the people made you want to come to work everyday.
Sacred Heart Hospital
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  3240 W. Franklin29 October 2014
My day would start with finding out who my patients were and introducing myself to them and asking if they required anything before their vitals were taken, after that I would assist the RN and the doctors on call with changing bandages and fixing tubing and going over the patients care for my shift. I would work alone most of the time , so I would get to work as soon as possible . The hardest part of my job was when my shift would end , I was part of a team were the care of our patients was 100% , we helped each other in every way, a well oiled machine and they made my job adventurous and I learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my patients and watching them get better and leave the hospital.
Pros
team work with my co-workers, patients, learning new things
Cons
having to leave, wanting to work more hours
Great large company
LPN II (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 October 2014
Great experience, great staff. Pay is lower than the national standard. Not always understanding of family emergencies.
Pros
large company
Cons
low pay
fun work place
Laboratory Assistant (Phlebotomist) (Current Employee) –  Cebu City, P0725 October 2014
The company is good but we are only a contractual employee. It is fun in or hospital because we can saw some artist. we have a good relationship between my co - workers and our supervisor.
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL21 October 2014
During my three months in the Neonatal ICU at Sacred Heart, I learned a great deal about dealing with high-risk newborns and the care that they require. I performed admission assessments and helped the doctors develop a plan of care that was individualized for each infant. Along with caring for the patients, it was important to incorporate family centered care and include families on the plan of care each day. The best part about working in the NICU was the teamwork that every person in the unit possessed. No matter what their role was, every member of the interdisciplinary team worked together to ensure the best care was given to the patient and their families. The hardest part of the job was helping the families deal with such an unexpected outcome of their baby landing in the unit. Not every baby had the best outcome and it was important to make it the best experience possible for the infant and family, no matter the outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the babies that started in the most critical conditions get to go home and live the life that healthy babies are suppose to be able to live.
Pros
Teamwork
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA9 October 2014
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Pros
supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons
very fast paced work enviroment
Good positive environment and managment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 October 2014
Very fun work environment.
I learned valuable on the job training.