Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
A Place to get Started
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2012
I have to say that I love my job as a pharmacy technician and I was beyond thrilled when I got hired with Sacred Heart Hospital. I was finally being able to move out of retail pharmacy and really get into my career without the stresses of customers and third party insurance plans.
At first, I loved coming to work. My favorite task was working with the Pyxis Medstations. There were 27 Medstations and 9 Pyxis Anesthesia System machines throughout the hospital. I learned how to restock, load, and unload different medications determined by individual patient and each floors' needs.
Anesthesia Pyxis was also another favorite. This task was a short evening shift where my sole purpose was to inventory and restock the Pyxis in each operating room.
The most difficult part of my job was learning where everything from what ward was on which floor and where each Pyxis machine was located. I also had to take most of what I learned in retail pharmacy and forget it. Hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy are the same concept, only different medications and procedures. I no longer needed to know what Medicaid formulary was and instead I needed to know difference between Lactated Ringers and Dextrose 5%/Normal Saline/20 MEq of Potassium.
Unfortunately, I was not employed with Sacred Heart long enough to be trained in the IV room. I did not get the experience I desired with making custom order and STAT IVs using the Laminar Flow Hood.
Another disappointment during my employment was the relationship with my coworkers. As much as I tried to get to know each one, some were reluctant to form a healthy
  more... work relationship with me. Others did not try at all. Management also reacted in the same manner.
Overall, I did enjoy my job very much so with the exception of my relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
benefits- health insurance, discounts, plenty of hours available to work, shift differential pay
Cons
unfriendly coworkers/management
Supervising & assisting new nurses with patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2014
A typical day involved seeing each patient and assessing their needs, while making rounds with the RN supervisor leaving her shift. I would then make patient assignments according to an appropriate nurse coming on. I would receive report & plan patient care appropriately. I would make sure each patient had the care they needed, plus extra TLC. I enjoyed management & teaching because I saw many positive outcomes. The hardest part was when we could not have a favorable outcome no matter what we did. The most enjoyable part was seeing success & happiness, in patients and staff.
Pros
3 nights per week, 4 off.
Cons
night shift could be hard with the hours demanded, the physicians angry that you were calling them, and the limited care sometimes due to the hour of need.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 30, 2015
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Scheduling
Productive anf Fun Workpalce
System & Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 12, 2015
During my work here I learned a lot of additional new technology. I learned new software applications, setup and install new server with the platform of windows 2008 R2, and also have learned in the new hospital system.
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2015
Worked as patien care tech while in nursing school. Worked 3-11 shift part time. Learned phlebotomy, EKG's, and basic patient care. All team members were willing to teach any students when they could. I really enjoyed my time as a tech.
Pros
3-11 shift
Cons
30+ bed unit was very busy
An awarding occupation
Infusion Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2015
Having the ability to help indigent patients obtain his/her chemotherapy medication, has had a profound effect on me. It has opened my eyes to see the need of people who live below poverty and thus caused me to go above and beyond the requirements to help the patients to obtain their medication. For instance, working along side physicians to help treat the patient on off label treatment and to obtain that drug for free through various foundations.
WAS BASICALLY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Over the years, I went through 4 different computer conversions with the evolution of the computer industry. I worked with a great bunch of people but feel that the work ethics and religious core values of care, joy, respect and competence have been lost with the loss of the sisters and Father Klimek. As the new management has come in, they have failed to listen to employees suggestions on how to make processing better. It seems that our new computer system compared to the old system is like going backwards in user friendliness. When people have left, due to retirement, they are not being replaced and the workload is getting heavier not lighter.
Pros
has in house cafeteria for employees
Cons
heavier workload due to not replacing employees that have left.
Sacred Heart promoted good values, excellent work ethic, friendly and respectful co-workers
RT(R) (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 9, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Sacred Heart Hospital. All the co-workers got along inside and outside of work. We all worked as a team. Any two coworkers could pair up and share the responsibilities of an exam very smoothly. While one person was pulling up the exam on the computer the other person would verify and prepping the patient for the exam; while one tech would position the patient the other would align the tube. Everyone displayed compassion and PPE was always worn and cleanliness was always practiced. Management did not micro-manage and doctors took our professional opinion into account when ordering exams. There was a sense of pride and accomplishment that I always appreciated. Doctors were respectful, courteous and were good about complimenting the staff.
Pros
everything
Cons
3rd shift was tough for me.
Sacred Heart Hospital
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee) –  3240 W. FranklinOctober 29, 2014
My day would start with finding out who my patients were and introducing myself to them and asking if they required anything before their vitals were taken, after that I would assist the RN and the doctors on call with changing bandages and fixing tubing and going over the patients care for my shift. I would work alone most of the time , so I would get to work as soon as possible . The hardest part of my job was when my shift would end , I was part of a team were the care of our patients was 100% , we helped each other in every way, a well oiled machine and they made my job adventurous and I learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my patients and watching them get better and leave the hospital.
Pros
team work with my co-workers, patients, learning new things
Cons
having to leave, wanting to work more hours
Work Place
Medical and Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 14, 2014
My typical work starts with receiving reports and transferred care from Day shift, head to toe assessment, Patient Care, Administration of Medications and Paper Charting
I gained patience with patient, family and my co-workers
Management were compliant with staff requested schedules
Hardest part of my job was, cared for deceased patients
The most enjoyable part of my Job was caring for my patients
Pros
availability for seminar and certifications
Cons
limited resources for seminars and certifications
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a superior place to work. They are professional Engineers in the design/build of infrastructures in all 50 states.
Licensed CNA (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 3, 2014
I worked as a Administrative Assistant to a Professional licensed Engineer in the Transportation Division of the company. I worked directly for the Vice President of the Mass Transit Section and also the eight PEs that reported to him. My responsibilities were all secretarial duties of the section, phones, filing, library, and all correspondence of Section. I took dictation for the VP and produced correspondence his signature. At times, I was given the authority of signing his name, in his absence. I produced all proposals and job reports from hand-written notes from the PEs and coordinated with drafting and artists the extras for production.
Pros
excellent health care plan and the fact that you work wirh professionals
Cons
nothing i can think of
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Pros
Poor patient care:
Cons
Poor Doctor treaments:
Truely love working with children
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 18, 2014
A day work vitals, weight, head circumference , charting , writing any current sickness or concerns , making sure rooms are available for patients , I've learned to have patients understanding how to treat certain situation, management level very well organized , co workers were enjoyable to be around as well as helpful, hardest part children sick & new born babies having to get shots , enjoyable part waking up to a job you love to do ,
Pros
great working enviorment
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
healthcare
Excellent staff with team work philosophy.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2013
Night shift on the Extended Acute Care Unit, Behavioral Health, can be challenging and requires one to be on there toes, recognizing and treating behavioral issues, and utilizing therapeutic skills. With two nurses and one MHT on a 19 bed unit, it is busy and demanding, but in a positive sort of way. Management does their best to maintain a positive and efficient work environment. The hardest part of the job is when census is down and the MHT is pulled. The patients on this unit have lifelong mental health issues and can be highly volatile in a short period of time. With only two nurses there is a sense of being unsafe. That is a true negative in this position, but one that has been adapted to. Most enjoyable is the interaction with the patients who are sincere in trying to manage their illness and are trying their best. Even those who have difficulty coping can have a positive impact on the day when they can be reached and a smile brought to their face, if only for a moment.
Pros
covered, safe parking deck with access to the facility.
Cons
short staffing and no break room available for our locked unit.
Wide spread on types of everyday work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 3, 2014
I was always getting to work on different things in the hospital. My boss was very happy to give me a wide verity of tasks, so I could gain a much experience as possible. I have learned so much about electronics, others, and myself with this job. My co-workers always included me in the conversation and truly asked for my opinion on ways to solve the problems at hand. The hardest part of this job was not feeling like I truly ever was there long enough to really use my skills to their full extent. My favorite part was getting to work with so many different types of people, weather it was a co-worker or a patient.
Pros
the worker activities and events.
Cons
that i couldn't of gotten to stay longer and gotten more experience.
Wonderful work environment, very supportive of employees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2012
Sacred Heart is a great place to work! Management is very supportive of employees and open to advancement from within when possible. I've learned a lot about teamwork, leadership and support.
Pros
on-site cafeteria
Cons
emotional
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2012
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients.
Pros
great free food
Cons
no cons
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling
Pros
every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons
new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more