Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful work envorment
Cons: busy
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Discharge Planning
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FLDecember 10, 2012
Pros: work closely with staff and physicians
Cons: time limiting care
The day begins with evaluating and distributing patients for assessment and discharge planning preparations for the patients. I evaluate both the medical and psychological status of the patient. Identifying home supports is critical for creating a safe discharge plan.
The staff at this hospital REALLY do care about the patients
Lab Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FloridaAugust 31, 2012
Pros: great attitudes
Cons: honestly, i cant think of any!
I have never seen a more loving staff of people. I mean from the cleaning crew to the CEO. Anyone who works here, really wants to be here. This hospital has an un-heard of 99% satisfaction rate. I'm sorry I had to leave. I really enjoyed this place.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: wonderful director
Cons: traveling, doctors not coming in to do charts
I had to get doctors to come in and complete their charts. The management was nice and you could talk to them if their where any problems. I liked my co-workers. I had to travel almost an hour to work everyday. The most enjoyable are all the parties we had.
great local hospital
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Norristown, PAApril 30, 2014
Pros: learned lots of medical terminology
felt great working in pathology department

appreciated the inportance of my position as a medical transcriptionist

learned I could type big medical terms on a daily basis

have alot of respect for drs and department heads

good feeling to be a part of such a process
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
Excellent care, adaquate supervision and resources
Staff RN, Charge Nurse - Nights, (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Patient chart review, med administration and evaluation. Gained knowledge of Mental Health Care beyond my basic exposure with dementia patients. Interdiclipinary staff supportive and informative. Helping others, (staff & patients) on a daily basis with goals.
PAYROLL/ HR MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2015
Pros: Holiday parties, summer picnics.
Cons: salaries
I provided Payroll and Human Resources services for a staff of 600 daily. There were great people there, an Administrative team that provided all the support I needed. Working so closely with the employees you learn you must listen to everyone and be supportive.
Had a working partner, she left and was not replaced. Was hard to do two person job.
OB/GYN Office Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 2, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: they wanted everything done yesterday!
Generally a good place to work. People are friendly. Not in the best part of town. They expected more than what you are able to give. I would not return to their employement
environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2015
Working at Sacred Heart Hospital made me want to pursue my dreams of becoming an RN. I learned many skills in the Emergency Room Department working as a technician. I learned how to perform EKGs, Foley catheters/straight catheters, wound care/splinting, vital signs, 1:1 observations, and phlebotomy.
Very fast day with many great people to work with.
Buyer (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 5, 2012
Pros: a lovely christmas dinner for all!!
Cons: do not expect to leave on time.
I was extemely happy to be there. I enjoyed the people I primarily worked with. The hardest part would be keeping up with the monetary issues of the network regarding purchasing and or returning. I loved the atmosphere.
Reduced lunches and plenty of breaks
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 13, 2014
Pros: moving up in he work enviornment
Cons: getting sick from the hospital
Sacred Heart was a job that taught me to never take life for granted. This place was a great place to work in. The hardest part about working in a hospital were deaths that occurred. Housekeeping was a learning experince.
it's really great always helping others.. staff/patient's/visitor's
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 10, 2013
Pros: sharing the work day with others you learn things from
Cons: early hours?
I am involved in many things at this hospital. Each day is sort of the same yet different. I have learned patience,listening, and kindness are the greatest things to share in healthcare.
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Pros: Poor patient care:
Cons: Poor Doctor treaments:
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: friendly working conditions
Cons: underpaid
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
Wonderful work environment, very supportive of employees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: emotional
Sacred Heart is a great place to work! Management is very supportive of employees and open to advancement from within when possible. I've learned a lot about teamwork, leadership and support.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Scheduling
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 29, 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: 3-11 shift
Cons: 30+ bed unit was very busy
Worked as patien care tech while in nursing school. Worked 3-11 shift part time. Learned phlebotomy, EKG's, and basic patient care. All team members were willing to teach any students when they could. I really enjoyed my time as a tech.
A learning experience
ER Registrar/ Diagnostic Registrar (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 25, 2013
Pros: the best compensation /benefits
Cons: no promotions
A typical day at work was checking patients in and out of the emergency room, The hardest part of my job was being involved with the trauma patients, The best part of my job was caring for the ill