Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
WAS BASICALLY A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: has in house cafeteria for employees
Cons: heavier workload due to not replacing employees that have left.
Over the years, I went through 4 different computer conversions with the evolution of the computer industry. I worked with a great bunch of people but feel that the work ethics and religious core values of care, joy, respect and competence have been lost with the loss of the sisters and Father Klimek. As the new management has come in, they have failed to listen to employees suggestions on how to make processing better. It seems that our new computer system compared to the old system is like going backwards in user friendliness. When people have left, due to retirement, they are not being replaced and the workload is getting heavier not lighter.
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a superior place to work. They are professional Engineers in the design/build of infrastructures in all 50 states.
Licensed CNA (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: excellent health care plan and the fact that you work wirh professionals
Cons: nothing i can think of
I worked as a Administrative Assistant to a Professional licensed Engineer in the Transportation Division of the company. I worked directly for the Vice President of the Mass Transit Section and also the eight PEs that reported to him. My responsibilities were all secretarial duties of the section, phones, filing, library, and all correspondence of Section. I took dictation for the VP and produced correspondence his signature. At times, I was given the authority of signing his name, in his absence. I produced all proposals and job reports from hand-written notes from the PEs and coordinated with drafting and artists the extras for production.
Work Place
Medical and Surgical Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: availability for seminar and certifications
Cons: limited resources for seminars and certifications
My typical work starts with receiving reports and transferred care from Day shift, head to toe assessment, Patient Care, Administration of Medications and Paper Charting
I gained patience with patient, family and my co-workers
Management were compliant with staff requested schedules
Hardest part of my job was, cared for deceased patients
The most enjoyable part of my Job was caring for my patients
Sacred Heart promoted good values, excellent work ethic, friendly and respectful co-workers
RT(R) (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: 3rd shift was tough for me.
I really enjoyed my time at Sacred Heart Hospital. All the co-workers got along inside and outside of work. We all worked as a team. Any two coworkers could pair up and share the responsibilities of an exam very smoothly. While one person was pulling up the exam on the computer the other person would verify and prepping the patient for the exam; while one tech would position the patient the other would align the tube. Everyone displayed compassion and PPE was always worn and cleanliness was always practiced. Management did not micro-manage and doctors took our professional opinion into account when ordering exams. There was a sense of pride and accomplishment that I always appreciated. Doctors were respectful, courteous and were good about complimenting the staff.
Truely love working with children
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great working enviorment
A day work vitals, weight, head circumference , charting , writing any current sickness or concerns , making sure rooms are available for patients , I've learned to have patients understanding how to treat certain situation, management level very well organized , co workers were enjoyable to be around as well as helpful, hardest part children sick & new born babies having to get shots , enjoyable part waking up to a job you love to do ,
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
During my three months in the Neonatal ICU at Sacred Heart, I learned a great deal about dealing with high-risk newborns and the care that they require. I performed admission assessments and helped the doctors develop a plan of care that was individualized for each infant. Along with caring for the patients, it was important to incorporate family centered care and include families on the plan of care each day. The best part about working in the NICU was the teamwork that every person in the unit possessed. No matter what their role was, every member of the interdisciplinary team worked together to ensure the best care was given to the patient and their families. The hardest part of the job was helping the families deal with such an unexpected outcome of their baby landing in the unit. Not every baby had the best outcome and it was important to make it the best experience possible for the infant and family, no matter the outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the babies that started in the most critical conditions get to go home and live the life that healthy babies are suppose to be able to live.
Wide spread on types of everyday work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, ORJune 3, 2014
Pros: the worker activities and events.
Cons: that i couldn't of gotten to stay longer and gotten more experience.
I was always getting to work on different things in the hospital. My boss was very happy to give me a wide verity of tasks, so I could gain a much experience as possible. I have learned so much about electronics, others, and myself with this job. My co-workers always included me in the conversation and truly asked for my opinion on ways to solve the problems at hand. The hardest part of this job was not feeling like I truly ever was there long enough to really use my skills to their full extent. My favorite part was getting to work with so many different types of people, weather it was a co-worker or a patient.
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons: very fast paced work enviroment
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Excellent staff with team work philosophy.
LPN (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 28, 2013
Pros: covered, safe parking deck with access to the facility.
Cons: short staffing and no break room available for our locked unit.
Night shift on the Extended Acute Care Unit, Behavioral Health, can be challenging and requires one to be on there toes, recognizing and treating behavioral issues, and utilizing therapeutic skills. With two nurses and one MHT on a 19 bed unit, it is busy and demanding, but in a positive sort of way. Management does their best to maintain a positive and efficient work environment. The hardest part of the job is when census is down and the MHT is pulled. The patients on this unit have lifelong mental health issues and can be highly volatile in a short period of time. With only two nurses there is a sense of being unsafe. That is a true negative in this position, but one that has been adapted to. Most enjoyable is the interaction with the patients who are sincere in trying to manage their illness and are trying their best. Even those who have difficulty coping can have a positive impact on the day when they can be reached and a smile brought to their face, if only for a moment.
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: friendly working conditions
Cons: underpaid
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: advancement
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement in your career.
Wonderful work environment, very supportive of employees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 13, 2012
Pros: on-site cafeteria
Cons: emotional
Sacred Heart is a great place to work! Management is very supportive of employees and open to advancement from within when possible. I've learned a lot about teamwork, leadership and support.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A great place to volunteer and learn about the field of Oncology. Friendly and professional staff. Also got to interact with numerous doctors, assistants, and patients.
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great free food
Cons: no cons
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients.
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
Pros: every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons: new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling
Fast paced department with supportive staff.
Unit Secretary / Tech (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: initially this unit was understaffed
Fast paced environment dependent on team work. Supportive management. The most enjoyable aspect of this position was learning more about pre, intra, and post operative nursing responsibilities. My nursing education was appreciated and utilized when appropriate.
Learning to get things done in a matter of time
File Clerk, Front desk clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2012
Cons: health care, dental
Cleaning making sure I knew where everything was. I learned a lot about patients confidentiality. There is so much to do working in an hospital, There is also so much you can learn depending on the department you work in. I don't really rememeber much about the other co-workers here I was always in to just getting my work done. The hardest part was contacting patients regarding there hospital payments! also learning that a patient was ill or not going to live to much longer. Once a person gets use to you they don't have a problem opening up or sharing with you and for me sometimes the hard part was just listening, I'm very emotional and just thinks most people deserve a second or third chance. I enjoyed the overall experience of working in an hospital
productive
Sacred Heart Teaching Hospital (Former Employee), NigeriaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches and free transportation
Cons: 20 hours per week
clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment in all major areas of responsibility
Enjoyed the position that I was in and the responsibilities involved!
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 28, 2012
Pros: free meals during the holidays, free iron pigs night out, employees paid dance night out, employees paid trips to n.y. city
Cons: h.r. manager does not listen to reason, you do not get a full lunch break, you do not get a 15 minute break, there was no coverage for restroom break
I enjoyed working the position that I held for over 11 years. I still feel that Sacred Heart Hospital is a good place to work for. They try to look out for their employees.