Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

execellent enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 4, 2015
i started working in assisted care area and working in this learnt how to to differentiate differeent medicines, after that i started workingin prescription area helping pharmacist to dispense prescriptions.
Pros
best enviroment to work.
PAYROLL/ HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2015
I provided Payroll and Human Resources services for a staff of 600 daily. There were great people there, an Administrative team that provided all the support I needed. Working so closely with the employees you learn you must listen to everyone and be supportive.
Pros
Holiday parties, summer picnics.
Cons
salaries
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Comfortable hours.
Management is moderate.
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. We were like a family.
Most enjoyable is to work around friendly people everyday.
benefits
Cons
management
Work Place
Medical and Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 14, 2014
My typical work starts with receiving reports and transferred care from Day shift, head to toe assessment, Patient Care, Administration of Medications and Paper Charting
I gained patience with patient, family and my co-workers
Management were compliant with staff requested schedules
Hardest part of my job was, cared for deceased patients
The most enjoyable part of my Job was caring for my patients
Pros
availability for seminar and certifications
Cons
limited resources for seminars and certifications
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2015
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
Pros
HR is very helpful
Cons
Breaks are cut alot
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola,FloridaAugust 13, 2013
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test.
Pros
great hospital and benefits
Cons
second shift, did not see my children much
Excellent staff with team work philosophy.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 28, 2013
Night shift on the Extended Acute Care Unit, Behavioral Health, can be challenging and requires one to be on there toes, recognizing and treating behavioral issues, and utilizing therapeutic skills. With two nurses and one MHT on a 19 bed unit, it is busy and demanding, but in a positive sort of way. Management does their best to maintain a positive and efficient work environment. The hardest part of the job is when census is down and the MHT is pulled. The patients on this unit have lifelong mental health issues and can be highly volatile in a short period of time. With only two nurses there is a sense of being unsafe. That is a true negative in this position, but one that has been adapted to. Most enjoyable is the interaction with the patients who are sincere in trying to manage their illness and are trying their best. Even those who have difficulty coping can have a positive impact on the day when they can be reached and a smile brought to their face, if only for a moment.
Pros
covered, safe parking deck with access to the facility.
Cons
short staffing and no break room available for our locked unit.
nice volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2012
I would come in and go to the main office for the volunteers and get my assignments. I would have to transport patients, documents and specimens. We would get a free food voucher and the food was great. I learned how to be patient with others and how to interact with others in a work setting. The management was nice and helpful. My co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients.
Pros
great free food
Cons
no cons
Truely love working with children
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 18, 2014
A day work vitals, weight, head circumference , charting , writing any current sickness or concerns , making sure rooms are available for patients , I've learned to have patients understanding how to treat certain situation, management level very well organized , co workers were enjoyable to be around as well as helpful, hardest part children sick & new born babies having to get shots , enjoyable part waking up to a job you love to do ,
Pros
great working enviorment
Good working environment
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2015
I gained more experience with good coworkers. It is a great place to work. The shifts were 12 hours, which was fine. 3 days a a weel
Rad Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2011
First Full Time Job as a Rad Tech
Got great experience from Sacred Heart Hosp.
Pros
loved my patients. made lifelong friends there.
Cons
pay raises
A Place to get Started
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2012
I have to say that I love my job as a pharmacy technician and I was beyond thrilled when I got hired with Sacred Heart Hospital. I was finally being able to move out of retail pharmacy and really get into my career without the stresses of customers and third party insurance plans.
At first, I loved coming to work. My favorite task was working with the Pyxis Medstations. There were 27 Medstations and 9 Pyxis Anesthesia System machines throughout the hospital. I learned how to restock, load, and unload different medications determined by individual patient and each floors' needs.
Anesthesia Pyxis was also another favorite. This task was a short evening shift where my sole purpose was to inventory and restock the Pyxis in each operating room.
The most difficult part of my job was learning where everything from what ward was on which floor and where each Pyxis machine was located. I also had to take most of what I learned in retail pharmacy and forget it. Hospital pharmacy and retail pharmacy are the same concept, only different medications and procedures. I no longer needed to know what Medicaid formulary was and instead I needed to know difference between Lactated Ringers and Dextrose 5%/Normal Saline/20 MEq of Potassium.
Unfortunately, I was not employed with Sacred Heart long enough to be trained in the IV room. I did not get the experience I desired with making custom order and STAT IVs using the Laminar Flow Hood.
Another disappointment during my employment was the relationship with my coworkers. As much as I tried to get to know each one, some were reluctant to form a healthy
  more... work relationship with me. Others did not try at all. Management also reacted in the same manner.
Overall, I did enjoy my job very much so with the exception of my relationships with my coworkers.
Pros
benefits- health insurance, discounts, plenty of hours available to work, shift differential pay
Cons
unfriendly coworkers/management
same as others
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDOctober 16, 2013
good environment fun co-workers no type of advancement, no management around, hours run by anesthesia and not managment
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
healthcare
medical office secretary (Former Employee) –  floatAugust 19, 2015
first job in the business, hard to review them as of today I have been gone from that job to long
this business is changes so I would think the process I participated in are no longer valid
but every day I answer the phone
JOB Experience
Nuclear Medicine - Pet/ct Technologist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 11, 2015
Good work place, I love the fellow techs. My Radiology nurses were very flexible and helpful with patient transport and IV venipuncture access.
Pros
flexibiltiy for my reserve duty
Cons
Not enough good parking
Externship experience
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 20, 2014
Very busy, learned to assist in blood pressures, vital signs, minor procedures,clinical and clerical duties. Management style was out of order, Co-workers were alright, hardest part was providing service to concerning patients. Most enjoyable, gaining the actual work experience
Pros
greatt lunches, service was provided
Cons
short breaks, and less successful management style, no pay
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
Pros
work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons
dont remember there being any.
we are one big family at this Hospital. Lots of very friendly staff.
Record Completion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLNovember 1, 2012
there is a great atmosphere at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast. Wonderful CEO and great CNO. They are what makes this Hospital what it is. The best atmosphere I have every worked in.
Pros
wonderful discounts in cafe. good food. wonderful staff in cafe.
Cons
could use another staff member to help out with rotation on weekends