Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

One of the worst jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL9 September 2015
This hospital does not promote employee satisfaction. I do not recommend this place of employment.I was treated badly on a daily basis. Management is never around to help when it is busy.
Pros
not very many pros.
Cons
Horrible management
cool and fun
Medical Record Officer/Statistician (Former Employee) –  Abor28 August 2015
i enjoyed what i was doing there and always careful since am dealing with the records peoples ill health. my typical day at work was when i was all alone at the medical unit on a day of peer review but i did very well that my department became the first. we work as a team but sometimes due to laziness and tiredness they get some folders misfiled,
Pros
there cordial relationship
Cons
teadious sometimes since some folders might be misfilled
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P0726 August 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
medical office secretary (Former Employee) –  float19 August 2015
first job in the business, hard to review them as of today I have been gone from that job to long
this business is changes so I would think the process I participated in are no longer valid
but every day I answer the phone
okay place to work
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 August 2015
Nice place to work.. very friendly staff. Easy to talk to management. Easy to transfer from department to department if need be.
Pros
discounts, subsidized healthcare
Cons
short breaks
JOB Experience
Nuclear Medicine - Pet/ct Technologist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FL11 August 2015
Good work place, I love the fellow techs. My Radiology nurses were very flexible and helpful with patient transport and IV venipuncture access.
Pros
flexibiltiy for my reserve duty
Cons
Not enough good parking
Productive anf Fun Workpalce
System & Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philippines12 July 2015
During my work here I learned a lot of additional new technology. I learned new software applications, setup and install new server with the platform of windows 2008 R2, and also have learned in the new hospital system.
Amazing
W.O.W / RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 July 2015
Fun and exciting opportunities and challenges with an amazingly supportive staff/team and management. Peers and leaders worked together towards positive patient outcomes with the progressive vision towards change and employee and company growth.
Pros
Team Spirit
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI30 June 2015
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Scheduling
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL28 June 2015
Worked as patien care tech while in nursing school. Worked 3-11 shift part time. Learned phlebotomy, EKG's, and basic patient care. All team members were willing to teach any students when they could. I really enjoyed my time as a tech.
Pros
3-11 shift
Cons
30+ bed unit was very busy
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA29 May 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA15 May 2015
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
Pros
HR is very helpful
Cons
Breaks are cut alot
It was ok to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 May 2015
A typical day was to acquire equipment and draw blood. I learned how to communicate with patients better. I also learned how to be more efficient at drawing blood. The management was ok but I believe it could of been ran a lot better. I learned how to talk to my patients and how to get their minds off the procedure so it would not hurt as much.
Pros
The coworkers were ok to work with
Cons
The hospital closed
My working experience motivate me and increase my knowledge
Senior Nursing Sister (Former Employee) –  Helping the service user to gain their confident.6 May 2015
Whenever I have a difficulty cases which needs prompt attention..

I have learn how to handle the difficult case with calm and ease. which also help me to put myself in those patient conditions
Management of hospital was well maintain to maximal standard which made the hospital unique in the city.
My co-worker are on time available work together as a team .
The hardest part of the job is that when the patient doesn't have money for their treatment and it is very important then you have to save the patient life by standing in the gap. Whenever the patient was discharge home fully recovery then I always fill fulfil.
Cons
8hours in the morning
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 April 2015
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Pros
Poor patient care:
Cons
Poor Doctor treaments:
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA23 April 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI19 April 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
An awarding occupation
Infusion Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL10 April 2015
Having the ability to help indigent patients obtain his/her chemotherapy medication, has had a profound effect on me. It has opened my eyes to see the need of people who live below poverty and thus caused me to go above and beyond the requirements to help the patients to obtain their medication. For instance, working along side physicians to help treat the patient on off label treatment and to obtain that drug for free through various foundations.
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA8 March 2015
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Pros
The pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons
The cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL23 February 2015
A great place to volunteer and learn about the field of Oncology. Friendly and professional staff. Also got to interact with numerous doctors, assistants, and patients.