Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ability to grow, job security, very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Working at Sacred Heart was a good experience. our manager was very supportive, I felt at ease around y co- workers, everybody was very supportive of each other. I learned a lot about chemo administration.
Good Structure and values.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2013
The work environment is great, every one is treated with respect, it feels like working among family.
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons: no direct deposit.
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Day to Day
Medical (Current Employee), Norristown, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
My same feelings about Sacred Heart as Einstein the NUNS were great
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee), Pensacola,FloridaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great hospital and benefits
Cons: second shift, did not see my children much
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking – more... care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test. – less
ready to go back to work
In Patient Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlAugust 7, 2013
I loved my job. I've learn so much medical stuff it's unreal. couldn't ask for better management or co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when childern with cancer died. But I loved helping people.
Overall good place to work.
RN Coordinator/Patient Care Mgr (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: worked 3 days a week
Cons: pay
My experience with Sacred Heart Hospital was a good one. I worked with some really good people that were interested in providing quality patient care.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 28, 2013
I have worked for Sacred Heart Hospital for over 4 years. It is a great place, they care for their employees and great benefits.
Very rewarding clinical experience
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Learning how to properly manage time in a very busy atmosphere; adapting to different patients needs for therapy;

The most enjoyable part of this clinic experience was the variety of illnesses and different levels of therapy each individual patient needed

The hardest part was seeing how a patient could decline so rapidly from one session of therapy – more... to the next. Working with acute injury patients, this is something you must expect to encounter. – less
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful work envorment
Cons: busy
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons: dont remember there being any.
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
Pros: every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons: new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that – more... makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling – less
Harmonious relationship with the management and co-workers
Neonatal Nurse (Current Employee), Cebu City, PhilippinesJune 25, 2013
Pros: exposed and able to practice the different nicu machines
Cons: minimum salary wage
First, we will do our routine endorsement to all the patients in NICU, then we will have our loading of patients/newborns. I have learned so much in our day-to-day work, like how to manage time properly especially in feeding and assisting mothers in breastfeeding, to have proper rapport with my co-workers within and outside my designated area. I value – more... my relationship to my co-staff so much because with this I could create a stress-free environment and I could be focus in rendering proper care to my patients. Our hospital management has a lot to improve since we are upgrading our hospital bed capacity. Sometimes, we disapproved to their newly implemented regulations but in the long run we managed to accept what they are trying to change and do for our benefits. I encountered some hardships especially in dealing with mothers whose newborn babies were not healthy or have newborn complications. It's a must to extend your patience in assisting their queries and demands. I am very delighted to be part of our neonatal intensive care team because I was able to extend and broaden my knowledge and expertise in dealing with newborns with or without complications. – less
great radiologists to work for
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 25, 2013
small department
good working environment
great working hours
call was a nice bonus
Free gift cards for perfect attendance.
Escort patients (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJune 23, 2013
Pros: alot of paid time off
Cons: short staff
Family oriented diversity, everyone knows one another. Very understanding managers.
it's really great always helping others.. staff/patient's/visitor's
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 10, 2013
Pros: sharing the work day with others you learn things from
Cons: early hours?
I am involved in many things at this hospital. Each day is sort of the same yet different. I have learned patience,listening, and kindness are the greatest things to share in healthcare.
Enjoyable experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 6, 2013
On a typical day of volunteering, it was always calm. i learned to make patients feel comfortable, discharge patients, answer calls, make deliveries to different locations in the hospital, put medical files in order and work as a receptionist by picking up phone calls, having patients sign in, send patients where they need to go for there appointments. – more... My co-workers and i worked together (team work) if one person needed help someone would tag along and help them. there was nothing hard about volunteering here. everything was pretty easy. I believe helping patients out, getting them water and talking to them to make them feel comfortable was the most enjoyable part about volunteering here. – less
No stability
Chicago, Il -Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, IlJune 6, 2013
Pros: flexibility with work schedules
Cons: pay/hr director
This facility has great potential for excellence in care but, is undergoing legal difficulties that can not allow job security
Excellent staff with team work philosophy.
LPN (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 28, 2013
Pros: covered, safe parking deck with access to the facility.
Cons: short staffing and no break room available for our locked unit.
Night shift on the Extended Acute Care Unit, Behavioral Health, can be challenging and requires one to be on there toes, recognizing and treating behavioral issues, and utilizing therapeutic skills. With two nurses and one MHT on a 19 bed unit, it is busy and demanding, but in a positive sort of way. Management does their best to maintain a positive – more... and efficient work environment. The hardest part of the job is when census is down and the MHT is pulled. The patients on this unit have lifelong mental health issues and can be highly volatile in a short period of time. With only two nurses there is a sense of being unsafe. That is a true negative in this position, but one that has been adapted to. Most enjoyable is the interaction with the patients who are sincere in trying to manage their illness and are trying their best. Even those who have difficulty coping can have a positive impact on the day when they can be reached and a smile brought to their face, if only for a moment. – less