Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Always exciting.
Dietician (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Learned how to interact with Doctors, nursing staff, patients and families. Working in the Hospital gave me a chance to interact with many people and care for their needs.
Excellent care, adaquate supervision and resources
Staff RN, Charge Nurse - Nights, (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 2, 2014
Patient chart review, med administration and evaluation. Gained knowledge of Mental Health Care beyond my basic exposure with dementia patients. Interdiclipinary staff supportive and informative. Helping others, (staff & patients) on a daily basis with goals.
OKAY WORK ENVIROMENT
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: staffing grid.
LEARNED ALOT ABOUT CARDIOLOGY YET BELIEVE STAFFING PATTERN WAS WORST IN MY 25 YEARS. I HAD 8 PATIENTS ON NIGHTS YET DAY SHIFT MIGHT ALSO HAVE 8 BUSY PATIENTS.
they are productive and funworkplace
IV trainee (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07December 27, 2013
it was just a usual busy day at the hospital with lots of work to do , i have learned that life of being a nurse is not as easy as other people think about it, on the other hand, being busy is common in the area but i was able have my own time management and now i am not as busy as before. the hardest part of the job was when someone that you cared – more... for died ( patient ) you would really be affected but we nurses know how to control our emotions, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your patients in a good condition and just a "thank you" from them would really mean a lot to me. – less
The position was very fast pace, upbeat, and productive.
Meditech GoLive Inpt. Activation Consultant (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2013
Pros: great work enviroment and most expenses were reimbursed.
Cons: compensation wasn't received until 2 weeks after the assignment was over
A typical day was 8 hours starting at 7 a.m floating between floors I was assigned to for that particular day. My position offered assistance to nurses and doctors with inputting patient information in EPIC. The nurses and doctors were very open to receiving the direction I offered and appreciated my assistance. Management was very helpful in guiding – more... me to answers I had in regards to unusual question I received from the nurses or doctors. My co workers were very inviting, polite, & professional. The position didn't present any difficulties due to the orientation. And the most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to a place I had never been and meeting new people. – less
love to help out n very fun loving easy person
cna (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 21, 2013
i am a hard worker ,always willing to learn and help out.enjoy caring for the elderly...
Good ER experience
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), Destin, FLNovember 7, 2013
Pros: excitement of er
Cons: schedule
Worked nights and weekends in a busy ER in Florida. Saw a wide variety of patients. Well staffed ER with a good facility. Enjoyed working there but all nights and weekends too restrictive allowing no personal time with family.
My supervisor at the end was exceptional
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2013
Cons: short breaks, short lunch
Great place to work, but I wanted to try something different. I was working prn at the end & they were going toward more part time and prn positions
same as others
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDOctober 16, 2013
good environment fun co-workers no type of advancement, no management around, hours run by anesthesia and not managment
enjoyed keeping busy
Registrar (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: liked my schedule
Cons: thiings that go on
place is good to work but like any otherplace it has its issues
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons: demanding and heavy workload
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone – more... through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Comfortable hours.
Management is moderate.
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. We were like a family.
Most enjoyable is to work around friendly people everyday.
OK place to start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 13, 2013
This was a mixed bed of religion and health care, it a fine place to start as a newer RN.
great compensation, terrible management, rude staff
Hospital Operator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management, some co-workers, work schedule
The best part about this position was the pay. The manager in the call center is terrible. During my time as an employee more than 15 employees were hired and fired/resigned in the call center. The turn over rate is extremely high due to terrible management and its really sad because Sacred Heart is a great organization to work for, unfortunately I – more... worked for the wrong department. The 2-3 coworkers who have been there the longest are rude and have negative attitudes. The trainer will teach new employees the wrong way to perform different job functions which causes new employees to look incompetent. There are not any truly happy employees in the call center and the best way to keep a position there is to brown nose the manager and tell her EVERYTHING the employee sitting next to you is doing wrong instead of correcting that employee and showing them the right way. I really dont understand why HR have not noticed or done anything about how the call center is ran. There has been numerous complaints from past employees and current supervisors with no results. They expect you to work ridiculous hours due to the fact they cannot keep the call center properly staffed. Its a 24hr operation so I would work 11pm-7am get off and have to be back at 230 that afternoon nevermind the fact that I have to sleep and I am a parent. After a year of working any shift they asked me to work my body and home life started to be affected and when I told supervisor I can only work my shift thats when I started having difficulty with the manager. lAll in all if you desperately need a job then try it out but if your more interested in working happily rather than brown nosing and being rude and snitching at the workplace which causes stress and anxiety about coming to work then you will not be a great fit for the call center. Especially the day shift if you arent into that type of work environment. – less
productive hospital
Dietary aid (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 10, 2013
this place is a place I would work at again if I lived in the area
ability to grow, job security, very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Working at Sacred Heart was a good experience. our manager was very supportive, I felt at ease around y co- workers, everybody was very supportive of each other. I learned a lot about chemo administration.
Good Structure and values.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2013
The work environment is great, every one is treated with respect, it feels like working among family.
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons: no direct deposit.
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Day to Day
Medical (Current Employee), Norristown, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
My same feelings about Sacred Heart as Einstein the NUNS were great
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee), Pensacola,FloridaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great hospital and benefits
Cons: second shift, did not see my children much
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking – more... care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test. – less