Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07August 26, 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
JOB Experience
Nuclear Medicine - Pet/ct Technologist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 11, 2015
Good work place, I love the fellow techs. My Radiology nurses were very flexible and helpful with patient transport and IV venipuncture access.
Pros
flexibiltiy for my reserve duty
Cons
Not enough good parking
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 30, 2015
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Scheduling
Good working environment
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2015
I gained more experience with good coworkers. It is a great place to work. The shifts were 12 hours, which was fine. 3 days a a weel
An awarding occupation
Infusion Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2015
Having the ability to help indigent patients obtain his/her chemotherapy medication, has had a profound effect on me. It has opened my eyes to see the need of people who live below poverty and thus caused me to go above and beyond the requirements to help the patients to obtain their medication. For instance, working along side physicians to help treat the patient on off label treatment and to obtain that drug for free through various foundations.
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2015
Worked as patien care tech while in nursing school. Worked 3-11 shift part time. Learned phlebotomy, EKG's, and basic patient care. All team members were willing to teach any students when they could. I really enjoyed my time as a tech.
Pros
3-11 shift
Cons
30+ bed unit was very busy
Productive anf Fun Workpalce
System & Software Administrator (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 12, 2015
During my work here I learned a lot of additional new technology. I learned new software applications, setup and install new server with the platform of windows 2008 R2, and also have learned in the new hospital system.
Amazing
W.O.W / RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2015
Fun and exciting opportunities and challenges with an amazingly supportive staff/team and management. Peers and leaders worked together towards positive patient outcomes with the progressive vision towards change and employee and company growth.
Pros
Team Spirit
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Pros
the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons
the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 29, 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
okay place to work
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2015
Nice place to work.. very friendly staff. Easy to talk to management. Easy to transfer from department to department if need be.
Pros
discounts, subsidized healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Pros
Poor patient care:
Cons
Poor Doctor treaments:
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 28, 2014
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
Pros
paid lunch brake
Cons
the medical staff
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 9, 2014
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Pros
supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons
very fast paced work enviroment
Health Care is going down hill
CT and X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2014
I like the people I work with but the health care industry isn't doing very well. Difficult to find full time work, the radiography field is saturated. No raises since I started there, (3+ years ago) people there longer than me and they haven't received any raises either. Nickle and dime everything. There's never any good news only bad news. Doesn't sound much different at other hospitals. Sorry I changed to a career in health care,
Pros
good for gaining experence
Cons
if you aren't already full time expect to be part time with no end in sight.
Supervising & assisting new nurses with patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2014
A typical day involved seeing each patient and assessing their needs, while making rounds with the RN supervisor leaving her shift. I would then make patient assignments according to an appropriate nurse coming on. I would receive report & plan patient care appropriately. I would make sure each patient had the care they needed, plus extra TLC. I enjoyed management & teaching because I saw many positive outcomes. The hardest part was when we could not have a favorable outcome no matter what we did. The most enjoyable part was seeing success & happiness, in patients and staff.
Pros
3 nights per week, 4 off.
Cons
night shift could be hard with the hours demanded, the physicians angry that you were calling them, and the limited care sometimes due to the hour of need.
Truely love working with children
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 18, 2014
A day work vitals, weight, head circumference , charting , writing any current sickness or concerns , making sure rooms are available for patients , I've learned to have patients understanding how to treat certain situation, management level very well organized , co workers were enjoyable to be around as well as helpful, hardest part children sick & new born babies having to get shots , enjoyable part waking up to a job you love to do ,
Pros
great working enviorment
Work Place
Medical and Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 14, 2014
My typical work starts with receiving reports and transferred care from Day shift, head to toe assessment, Patient Care, Administration of Medications and Paper Charting
I gained patience with patient, family and my co-workers
Management were compliant with staff requested schedules
Hardest part of my job was, cared for deceased patients
The most enjoyable part of my Job was caring for my patients
Pros
availability for seminar and certifications
Cons
limited resources for seminars and certifications
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2015
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
Pros
HR is very helpful
Cons
Breaks are cut alot