Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My supervisor at the end was exceptional
Admissions Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2013
Cons: short breaks, short lunch
Great place to work, but I wanted to try something different. I was working prn at the end & they were going toward more part time and prn positions
same as others
Certified Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Cumberland, MDOctober 16, 2013
good environment fun co-workers no type of advancement, no management around, hours run by anesthesia and not managment
enjoyed keeping busy
Registrar (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 12, 2013
Pros: liked my schedule
Cons: thiings that go on
place is good to work but like any otherplace it has its issues
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons: demanding and heavy workload
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone – more... through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Comfortable hours.
Management is moderate.
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. We were like a family.
Most enjoyable is to work around friendly people everyday.
OK place to start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 13, 2013
This was a mixed bed of religion and health care, it a fine place to start as a newer RN.
great compensation, terrible management, rude staff
Hospital Operator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management, some co-workers, work schedule
The best part about this position was the pay. The manager in the call center is terrible. During my time as an employee more than 15 employees were hired and fired/resigned in the call center. The turn over rate is extremely high due to terrible management and its really sad because Sacred Heart is a great organization to work for, unfortunately I – more... worked for the wrong department. The 2-3 coworkers who have been there the longest are rude and have negative attitudes. The trainer will teach new employees the wrong way to perform different job functions which causes new employees to look incompetent. There are not any truly happy employees in the call center and the best way to keep a position there is to brown nose the manager and tell her EVERYTHING the employee sitting next to you is doing wrong instead of correcting that employee and showing them the right way. I really dont understand why HR have not noticed or done anything about how the call center is ran. There has been numerous complaints from past employees and current supervisors with no results. They expect you to work ridiculous hours due to the fact they cannot keep the call center properly staffed. Its a 24hr operation so I would work 11pm-7am get off and have to be back at 230 that afternoon nevermind the fact that I have to sleep and I am a parent. After a year of working any shift they asked me to work my body and home life started to be affected and when I told supervisor I can only work my shift thats when I started having difficulty with the manager. lAll in all if you desperately need a job then try it out but if your more interested in working happily rather than brown nosing and being rude and snitching at the workplace which causes stress and anxiety about coming to work then you will not be a great fit for the call center. Especially the day shift if you arent into that type of work environment. – less
productive hospital
Dietary aid (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 10, 2013
this place is a place I would work at again if I lived in the area
ability to grow, job security, very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Working at Sacred Heart was a good experience. our manager was very supportive, I felt at ease around y co- workers, everybody was very supportive of each other. I learned a lot about chemo administration.
Good Structure and values.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2013
The work environment is great, every one is treated with respect, it feels like working among family.
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons: no direct deposit.
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Day to Day
Medical (Current Employee), Norristown, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
My same feelings about Sacred Heart as Einstein the NUNS were great
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee), Pensacola,FloridaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great hospital and benefits
Cons: second shift, did not see my children much
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking – more... care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test. – less
productive workplace in relation to exposure with clients
staff nurse (Former Employee), Cebu City, PhilippinesAugust 11, 2013
learned and applied knowledge and skills professionally
able to establish good interpersonal relationship with co-workers
overall, enjoyed the experience
ready to go back to work
In Patient Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlAugust 7, 2013
I loved my job. I've learn so much medical stuff it's unreal. couldn't ask for better management or co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when childern with cancer died. But I loved helping people.
Overall good place to work.
RN Coordinator/Patient Care Mgr (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: worked 3 days a week
Cons: pay
My experience with Sacred Heart Hospital was a good one. I worked with some really good people that were interested in providing quality patient care.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 28, 2013
I have worked for Sacred Heart Hospital for over 4 years. It is a great place, they care for their employees and great benefits.
Very rewarding clinical experience
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Learning how to properly manage time in a very busy atmosphere; adapting to different patients needs for therapy;

The most enjoyable part of this clinic experience was the variety of illnesses and different levels of therapy each individual patient needed

The hardest part was seeing how a patient could decline so rapidly from one session of therapy – more... to the next. Working with acute injury patients, this is something you must expect to encounter. – less
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful work envorment
Cons: busy
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons: dont remember there being any.
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.