Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Comfortable hours.
Management is moderate.
Co-workers were fun and easy to get along with. We were like a family.
Most enjoyable is to work around friendly people everyday.
OK place to start
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 13, 2013
This was a mixed bed of religion and health care, it a fine place to start as a newer RN.
great compensation, terrible management, rude staff
Hospital Operator (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management, some co-workers, work schedule
The best part about this position was the pay. The manager in the call center is terrible. During my time as an employee more than 15 employees were hired and fired/resigned in the call center. The turn over rate is extremely high due to terrible management and its really sad because Sacred Heart is a great organization to work for, unfortunately I – more... worked for the wrong department. The 2-3 coworkers who have been there the longest are rude and have negative attitudes. The trainer will teach new employees the wrong way to perform different job functions which causes new employees to look incompetent. There are not any truly happy employees in the call center and the best way to keep a position there is to brown nose the manager and tell her EVERYTHING the employee sitting next to you is doing wrong instead of correcting that employee and showing them the right way. I really dont understand why HR have not noticed or done anything about how the call center is ran. There has been numerous complaints from past employees and current supervisors with no results. They expect you to work ridiculous hours due to the fact they cannot keep the call center properly staffed. Its a 24hr operation so I would work 11pm-7am get off and have to be back at 230 that afternoon nevermind the fact that I have to sleep and I am a parent. After a year of working any shift they asked me to work my body and home life started to be affected and when I told supervisor I can only work my shift thats when I started having difficulty with the manager. lAll in all if you desperately need a job then try it out but if your more interested in working happily rather than brown nosing and being rude and snitching at the workplace which causes stress and anxiety about coming to work then you will not be a great fit for the call center. Especially the day shift if you arent into that type of work environment. – less
productive hospital
Dietary aid (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 10, 2013
this place is a place I would work at again if I lived in the area
ability to grow, job security, very family oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 3, 2013
Working at Sacred Heart was a good experience. our manager was very supportive, I felt at ease around y co- workers, everybody was very supportive of each other. I learned a lot about chemo administration.
Good Structure and values.
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 1, 2013
The work environment is great, every one is treated with respect, it feels like working among family.
Very pleasant to work there.
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2013
Pros: nice 4 weeks vacation time.
Cons: no direct deposit.
I liked to go to work everyday , it was like you were with family. It was a small hospital so every one knew each other. If you knew what your job curtailed, management did not bother you. I do not think there was a hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was knowing that you did the best job possible at the end of your eight hours.
Day to Day
Medical (Current Employee), Norristown, PAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great
Cons: great
My same feelings about Sacred Heart as Einstein the NUNS were great
Enjoyed working with new moms and newborn babies
LPN (Former Employee), Pensacola,FloridaAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great hospital and benefits
Cons: second shift, did not see my children much
I worked on the mother/baby ward at the hospital. I would get report from previous shift on patients. I did total patient care for new mom and her newborn. I was responsible for discharge instructions and teaching on newborn care and postpartum care. We had a great team of nurses and our charge nurse was always there when we needed her. I loved taking – more... care of the newborn babies as well as the moms. The hardest part was having to stick the little babies foot for test. – less
productive workplace in relation to exposure with clients
staff nurse (Former Employee), Cebu City, PhilippinesAugust 11, 2013
learned and applied knowledge and skills professionally
able to establish good interpersonal relationship with co-workers
overall, enjoyed the experience
ready to go back to work
In Patient Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlAugust 7, 2013
I loved my job. I've learn so much medical stuff it's unreal. couldn't ask for better management or co-workers. Hardest part of the job was when childern with cancer died. But I loved helping people.
Overall good place to work.
RN Coordinator/Patient Care Mgr (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2013
Pros: worked 3 days a week
Cons: pay
My experience with Sacred Heart Hospital was a good one. I worked with some really good people that were interested in providing quality patient care.
Great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 28, 2013
I have worked for Sacred Heart Hospital for over 4 years. It is a great place, they care for their employees and great benefits.
Very rewarding clinical experience
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Learning how to properly manage time in a very busy atmosphere; adapting to different patients needs for therapy;

The most enjoyable part of this clinic experience was the variety of illnesses and different levels of therapy each individual patient needed

The hardest part was seeing how a patient could decline so rapidly from one session of therapy – more... to the next. Working with acute injury patients, this is something you must expect to encounter. – less
Very Busy ,but a Great place to work
Cardiovascular Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 24, 2013
Pros: wonderful work envorment
Cons: busy
A typical day is very busy from beginning to end. I learn to work good under pressure and still keep a positive attitude. Co-worker where great team players. the hardest part of the job when patient would get angry and take it out on you. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people .
Great place to work. Lots of free information and education.
LPN (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work was rewarding, facility cared about all there employees.
Cons: dont remember there being any.
Shift work. Assisted the RN with patient care. Gave baths to patients. Assisted with walking,pain injections,and charting.Management was excellent with there time and interest in all our work daily. I made many friends and we worked so well together to accomplish our days work.
I loved working for a community hospital where you knew everyone that you worked with.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 23, 2013
I started my career here and will always be greatful for the knowledge and teachings they gave me. I loved the smaller community hospital setting where you knew everyone that worked in the building. Great organization to work for also.
a place with personal touch
RECOVERY ROOM NURSE/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2013
Pros: every christmas almost everybody got a nice gift, we have cook out, and every holiday fgood dinner
Cons: new employees are treated better and in the end they leave and paid more
NEW patients is skeptical about the place since its 150 bed capacity small but once they experience the care ,made them comfortable and they are not a patient known for their numbers only but as a person. and they always come back .
Some managers are good and everybody work together like a family that supports each other to complete the job and that – more... makes our day . Having a lot patient ratio and some of them too sick not enough help to make your day easier. As recovery nurse I got use to having a lot of patient and even too tired happy to see once patients feel better and verbalizing that they love the excellent service.
Coming everyday to give the best to patient and make them feel better and comfortable makes it my perfect day and self fulfilling – less
Harmonious relationship with the management and co-workers
Neonatal Nurse (Current Employee), Cebu City, PhilippinesJune 25, 2013
Pros: exposed and able to practice the different nicu machines
Cons: minimum salary wage
First, we will do our routine endorsement to all the patients in NICU, then we will have our loading of patients/newborns. I have learned so much in our day-to-day work, like how to manage time properly especially in feeding and assisting mothers in breastfeeding, to have proper rapport with my co-workers within and outside my designated area. I value – more... my relationship to my co-staff so much because with this I could create a stress-free environment and I could be focus in rendering proper care to my patients. Our hospital management has a lot to improve since we are upgrading our hospital bed capacity. Sometimes, we disapproved to their newly implemented regulations but in the long run we managed to accept what they are trying to change and do for our benefits. I encountered some hardships especially in dealing with mothers whose newborn babies were not healthy or have newborn complications. It's a must to extend your patience in assisting their queries and demands. I am very delighted to be part of our neonatal intensive care team because I was able to extend and broaden my knowledge and expertise in dealing with newborns with or without complications. – less
great radiologists to work for
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 25, 2013