Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

productive
Patient Care Tech / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 1, 2016
my typical work night was doing Admissions,doctor orders checking the census making sure the patients are in the right bed, faxing ,cleaning equipment, stocking
Patient and Goal Oriented Business
Patient Access Rep/Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
PeaceHealth strives for excellant Patient satisfaction. In my experience with the patients they seem well taken care of and happy.
Pros
Coworkers and Patients
Benefits
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Pros
the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons
the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 2, 2013
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital.
Pros
challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons
demanding and heavy workload
One of the worst jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2015
This hospital does not promote employee satisfaction. I do not recommend this place of employment.I was treated badly on a daily basis. Management is never around to help when it is busy.
Pros
not very many pros.
Cons
Horrible management
My working experience motivate me and increase my knowledge
Senior Nursing Sister (Former Employee) –  Helping the service user to gain their confident.May 6, 2015
Whenever I have a difficulty cases which needs prompt attention..

I have learn how to handle the difficult case with calm and ease. which also help me to put myself in those patient conditions
Management of hospital was well maintain to maximal standard which made the hospital unique in the city.
My co-worker are on time available work together as a team .
The hardest part of the job is that when the patient doesn't have money for their treatment and it is very important then you have to save the patient life by standing in the gap. Whenever the patient was discharge home fully recovery then I always fill fulfil.
Cons
8hours in the morning
a workplace that i can enhance may advance skills related to nursing.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  P01October 20, 2015
Good workplace with supportive and helpful senior colleagues. Happiest part of being a nurse is that at the end of the day/shift/ work duty, patients and relatives appreciate your job and thankful.
I've also learned how to prioritize the needs of the patient and give them appropriate interventions.I grow in this company as a nurse and develop my skills and showed what i have as a professional.
OK to work for them...if you're a nurse or doctor.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 6, 2014
This was my first transcriptionist position and I learned so much about the processes of the medical records. I was busy most of the time and when we weren't busy, we had to use our Paid Time Off (PTO). We could accrue PTO but we had a difficult time getting it approved by our supervisor as she would only allow one person off at a time. When we were outsourced, I had over 300 hours of PTO that had to be paid out. Our supervisor was out of the office most of the day and when it came time for our yearly reviews, she had to ask the person just below her to give her information as to whether or not we were good at our jobs. No clue as to what we did on a daily basis. The women I worked with were helpful, a lot of fun, and very nice. I'm still in contact with them. I liked my position because I felt I was helping people even though I wasn't a doctor, nurse or some other medical professional that had contact with the patients. I felt that the quality of my work helped the medical professionals do their job.
Pros
i was able to work from home. the pay and benefits were very good.
Cons
management didn't seem to care about the people in the department, no job security as our department was outsourced to another company with absolutely no warning, very difficult time getting time off when needed.
Mission Statement: Provider and Partner of Choice
Emergency Room Coordinator/Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 25, 2012
Competitive salary and opportunities for proactive care in treatment of patients. Quality of care and continued education very much encouraged. Management a part of day to day operation.

Working closely with co-workers and keeping the lines of communication going.

The hardest part of the job including dependence on coworkers, patient care technicians and staff to think as a unit. Keeping the goals of safety and improvement of patient health at the core of "caring for patients".
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07August 26, 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
Amazing
W.O.W / RN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 6, 2015
Fun and exciting opportunities and challenges with an amazingly supportive staff/team and management. Peers and leaders worked together towards positive patient outcomes with the progressive vision towards change and employee and company growth.
Pros
Team Spirit
okay place to work
Outpatient Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2015
Nice place to work.. very friendly staff. Easy to talk to management. Easy to transfer from department to department if need be.
Pros
discounts, subsidized healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Great learning experience helping people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 7, 2015
Small hospital resulting in a family oriented atmosphere. Worked with wonderful people willing to help anyone in their position.

Felt great to help people.

Every day was busy and never a dull moment.
Cons
Work was a one hour drive from home.
Fun work place it has stationary bike wherein you can ride on it as long as there is no patient will use it
Physiotherapist Staff (Former Employee) –  Malolos Bulacan PhilippinesJune 4, 2014
Everyday is crowded with patients from pedia to geria from neuro to musculo cases but it worth each day the job.
I've learned to work hard because it always pay off.
Management is good.
My co-workers is okay we always help each other to finish whats need to be done.
The hardest part of the job is when the patient is too demanding and no matter how good you are they keep on doing things that will make you angry but they didn't won.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see patients smile and said I'm satisfied with your work! It's so priceless!
Pros
lots of generous patients
Cons
long hours of work but very rare
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 29, 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
The position was very fast pace, upbeat, and productive.
Meditech GoLive Inpt. Activation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 1, 2013
A typical day was 8 hours starting at 7 a.m floating between floors I was assigned to for that particular day. My position offered assistance to nurses and doctors with inputting patient information in EPIC. The nurses and doctors were very open to receiving the direction I offered and appreciated my assistance. Management was very helpful in guiding me to answers I had in regards to unusual question I received from the nurses or doctors. My co workers were very inviting, polite, & professional. The position didn't present any difficulties due to the orientation. And the most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to a place I had never been and meeting new people.
Pros
great work enviroment and most expenses were reimbursed.
Cons
compensation wasn't received until 2 weeks after the assignment was over
Health Care is going down hill
CT and X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2014
I like the people I work with but the health care industry isn't doing very well. Difficult to find full time work, the radiography field is saturated. No raises since I started there, (3+ years ago) people there longer than me and they haven't received any raises either. Nickle and dime everything. There's never any good news only bad news. Doesn't sound much different at other hospitals. Sorry I changed to a career in health care,
Pros
good for gaining experence
Cons
if you aren't already full time expect to be part time with no end in sight.
cool and fun
Medical Record Officer/Statistician (Former Employee) –  AborAugust 28, 2015
i enjoyed what i was doing there and always careful since am dealing with the records peoples ill health. my typical day at work was when i was all alone at the medical unit on a day of peer review but i did very well that my department became the first. we work as a team but sometimes due to laziness and tiredness they get some folders misfiled,
Pros
there cordial relationship
Cons
teadious sometimes since some folders might be misfilled
Great place to work. Attainable goal with emphasis on excellent patient care
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORNovember 24, 2012
I have worked in a number of hospitals since my move to the eastern board of the USA. Working for Sacred Heart hospital was a unique and positive experience, in which I learned much that has served me well in my career. I worked on the fourth floor caring for cardiac and thoracic surgical patients. Challenges that I had was mainly in my goal to give the best care possible...a challenge that I found possible to meet in the Sacred Heart Hospital . I can honestly say that my co workers were a great group of nurses willing to pitch in and help when asked and generally positive and enjoyable to work with. At the time I worked at the hospital I found management for the most part on the scene, a listening ear and did seek ways to improve nursing processes .
Pros
beautiful hospital and enviornment. definitely a good place to work.
Cons
at times nurses seemed isolated due to size of unit.
environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2015
Working at Sacred Heart Hospital made me want to pursue my dreams of becoming an RN. I learned many skills in the Emergency Room Department working as a technician. I learned how to perform EKGs, Foley catheters/straight catheters, wound care/splinting, vital signs, 1:1 observations, and phlebotomy.