Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Good job for beginners
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA6 June 2016
A day at work is dealing with a lot of food and sad people some happy. management needs work, learned about a lot of peoples problems and life experiences, did a lot of inventory.
Great Organizationsn't
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 March 2016
Doesn't provide enough training, supervisor is insecure with her job and the administrator rides everyones back. The co-workers are great. The Haven is affiliated with Sacred Heart which provides service to poor. Sacred heart is owned by Ascension Health Services which is discriminate to itsd employees.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
to many call-outs
Strong culture of caring.
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI7 July 2016
Great place to work. Staff is focused on providing quality care. Physicians treat nurses well and take time to explain orders and clinical findings.
productive
Patient Care Tech / Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 June 2016
my typical work night was doing Admissions,doctor orders checking the census making sure the patients are in the right bed, faxing ,cleaning equipment, stocking
Great hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 March 2016
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedules, knowledgeable staff, works well with students school schedules and clinical rotations.
Pros
Works with my school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
Very professional and fast moving pace.
Medical Assistant/CNA/Emergency Room Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 December 2015
I was in charge on opening of the office and preparing the daily schedule for the day, Patient care was my priority, All of my co-workers where very professional and worked hard on patient care. The hardest part of my job was receiving bad news about a patient being very ill. The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day all the Doctors, Patients, and co-workers leave work in a positive and pleasant day. Working with the Doctors in the office and the Emergency Room was an experience.
Pros
Meeting new patients and working in the E.R
Nice and wonderful staffs
NURSING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Urdaneta Philippines31 March 2016
Staffs work together as a team. Family also are very involve with patient's care. The management listens to staffs concerns and issues.
Pros
Bonus pay
Cons
Pay not enough
Small Community hospital
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA13 January 2016
Hospital is small, and friendly. Advancement is possible and obtainable if desired. Pay is low and little compensation. You will love it here if you love your job for what you do and not because of the financial rewards.
Patient Experience of helping others.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL16 February 2016
I loved my job working as a valet attendant at sacred heart hospital. I made my days be the best days of the week. I worked a Monday thru Friday shift. I love helping patient and visitors in and out of vehicles. Also learning every technique how to assist patients into vehicles after they have been discharge from the hospital. I parked just about every car I can think of, as far from Chevy, ford, Nissan, Porsche, etc. A typical day of work was from parking more than a hundred fifty cars on a daily basis. Management did an okay job as far as looking out for their employees. I feel like my management team did not really care about the valet team; only time will be acknowledge if we was to do something wrong. The hardest part about the job was to come to work everyday knowing whether you still going to be there or not which made it very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just parking cars, but it was taking care of patients. Interacting with show them that you care about them and whatever it was they was going through with their loved ones.
a workplace that i can enhance may advance skills related to nursing.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  P0120 October 2015
Good workplace with supportive and helpful senior colleagues. Happiest part of being a nurse is that at the end of the day/shift/ work duty, patients and relatives appreciate your job and thankful.
I've also learned how to prioritize the needs of the patient and give them appropriate interventions.I grow in this company as a nurse and develop my skills and showed what i have as a professional.
I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI15 October 2015
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Pros
Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons
few and few benefits
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL13 January 2016
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
Pros
reduced cafeteria food
Cons
management
Great job. Learned a lot
RN (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FL30 December 2015
I worked med/surg so it was a demanding job. I loved what I did. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was incredible. /the cafeteria was incredible. I learned a lot in nursing.
Pros
Great coworkers, good money
Cons
Most stressful job I've ever had
cool and fun
Medical Record Officer/Statistician (Former Employee) –  Abor28 August 2015
i enjoyed what i was doing there and always careful since am dealing with the records peoples ill health. my typical day at work was when i was all alone at the medical unit on a day of peer review but i did very well that my department became the first. we work as a team but sometimes due to laziness and tiredness they get some folders misfiled,
Pros
there cordial relationship
Cons
teadious sometimes since some folders might be misfilled
Great work-life balance
Attending Physician, OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA4 January 2016
Great place to work with a very supportive administration. Excellent work-life balance. Opportunity to interact with and teach family medicine residents.
environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA25 September 2015
Working at Sacred Heart Hospital made me want to pursue my dreams of becoming an RN. I learned many skills in the Emergency Room Department working as a technician. I learned how to perform EKGs, Foley catheters/straight catheters, wound care/splinting, vital signs, 1:1 observations, and phlebotomy.
PAYROLL/ HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 September 2015
I provided Payroll and Human Resources services for a staff of 600 daily. There were great people there, an Administrative team that provided all the support I needed. Working so closely with the employees you learn you must listen to everyone and be supportive.
Pros
Holiday parties, summer picnics.
Cons
salaries
Great learning experience helping people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA7 October 2015
Small hospital resulting in a family oriented atmosphere. Worked with wonderful people willing to help anyone in their position.

Felt great to help people.

Every day was busy and never a dull moment.
Cons
Work was a one hour drive from home.
execellent enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA4 October 2015
i started working in assisted care area and working in this learnt how to to differentiate differeent medicines, after that i started workingin prescription area helping pharmacist to dispense prescriptions.
Pros
best enviroment to work.
Patient and Goal Oriented Business
Patient Access Rep/Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR18 October 2015
PeaceHealth strives for excellant Patient satisfaction. In my experience with the patients they seem well taken care of and happy.
Pros
Coworkers and Patients
Benefits