Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 30, 2015
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Scheduling
Patient care tech
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 28, 2015
Worked as patien care tech while in nursing school. Worked 3-11 shift part time. Learned phlebotomy, EKG's, and basic patient care. All team members were willing to teach any students when they could. I really enjoyed my time as a tech.
Pros
3-11 shift
Cons
30+ bed unit was very busy
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 29, 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2015
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
Pros
HR is very helpful
Cons
Breaks are cut alot
It was ok to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
A typical day was to acquire equipment and draw blood. I learned how to communicate with patients better. I also learned how to be more efficient at drawing blood. The management was ok but I believe it could of been ran a lot better. I learned how to talk to my patients and how to get their minds off the procedure so it would not hurt as much.
Pros
The coworkers were ok to work with
Cons
The hospital closed
My working experience motivate me and increase my knowledge
Senior Nursing Sister (Former Employee) –  Helping the service user to gain their confident.May 6, 2015
Whenever I have a difficulty cases which needs prompt attention..

I have learn how to handle the difficult case with calm and ease. which also help me to put myself in those patient conditions
Management of hospital was well maintain to maximal standard which made the hospital unique in the city.
My co-worker are on time available work together as a team .
The hardest part of the job is that when the patient doesn't have money for their treatment and it is very important then you have to save the patient life by standing in the gap. Whenever the patient was discharge home fully recovery then I always fill fulfil.
Cons
8hours in the morning
Poor patient care and treatment:
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
This Hospital was closed by the State: The care of the patient was very poor and not safe medical practice. I made a complaints to the State about the poor care of the patients and the poor medical treatments that the patient were receiving.
Pros
Poor patient care:
Cons
Poor Doctor treaments:
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
An awarding occupation
Infusion Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2015
Having the ability to help indigent patients obtain his/her chemotherapy medication, has had a profound effect on me. It has opened my eyes to see the need of people who live below poverty and thus caused me to go above and beyond the requirements to help the patients to obtain their medication. For instance, working along side physicians to help treat the patient on off label treatment and to obtain that drug for free through various foundations.
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Pros
the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons
the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A great place to volunteer and learn about the field of Oncology. Friendly and professional staff. Also got to interact with numerous doctors, assistants, and patients.
Fast paced
Emergency Room unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day in the emergency room is registering patients, verifying insurances and making sure they are comfortable the entire stay.
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
healthcare
ok work place
HEALTHCALL CLERK (Current Employee) –  allentownJanuary 23, 2015
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
•Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
•Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
Pros
friendly working conditions
Cons
underpaid
productive
Sacred Heart Teaching Hospital (Former Employee) –  NigeriaJanuary 8, 2015
clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment in all major areas of responsibility
Pros
free lunches and free transportation
Cons
20 hours per week
Intern
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Coopersburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
awesome place to work. everyone is very nice. people are always willing to help if in a difficult situation.
Pros
very nice people. under great supervison
Cons
only an extern, not to many openings
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 28, 2014
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
Pros
paid lunch brake
Cons
the medical staff
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2014
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement in your career.
Pros
advancement