Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

a workplace that i can enhance may advance skills related to nursing.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  P01October 20, 2015
Good workplace with supportive and helpful senior colleagues. Happiest part of being a nurse is that at the end of the day/shift/ work duty, patients and relatives appreciate your job and thankful.
I've also learned how to prioritize the needs of the patient and give them appropriate interventions.I grow in this company as a nurse and develop my skills and showed what i have as a professional.
I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 15, 2015
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Pros
Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons
few and few benefits
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
Pros
reduced cafeteria food
Cons
management
Great job. Learned a lot
RN (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLDecember 30, 2015
I worked med/surg so it was a demanding job. I loved what I did. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was incredible. /the cafeteria was incredible. I learned a lot in nursing.
Pros
Great coworkers, good money
Cons
Most stressful job I've ever had
Great work-life balance
Attending Physician, OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work with a very supportive administration. Excellent work-life balance. Opportunity to interact with and teach family medicine residents.
cool and fun
Medical Record Officer/Statistician (Former Employee) –  AborAugust 28, 2015
i enjoyed what i was doing there and always careful since am dealing with the records peoples ill health. my typical day at work was when i was all alone at the medical unit on a day of peer review but i did very well that my department became the first. we work as a team but sometimes due to laziness and tiredness they get some folders misfiled,
Pros
there cordial relationship
Cons
teadious sometimes since some folders might be misfilled
environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2015
Working at Sacred Heart Hospital made me want to pursue my dreams of becoming an RN. I learned many skills in the Emergency Room Department working as a technician. I learned how to perform EKGs, Foley catheters/straight catheters, wound care/splinting, vital signs, 1:1 observations, and phlebotomy.
PAYROLL/ HR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2015
I provided Payroll and Human Resources services for a staff of 600 daily. There were great people there, an Administrative team that provided all the support I needed. Working so closely with the employees you learn you must listen to everyone and be supportive.
Pros
Holiday parties, summer picnics.
Cons
salaries
Great learning experience helping people.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 7, 2015
Small hospital resulting in a family oriented atmosphere. Worked with wonderful people willing to help anyone in their position.

Felt great to help people.

Every day was busy and never a dull moment.
Cons
Work was a one hour drive from home.
execellent enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 4, 2015
i started working in assisted care area and working in this learnt how to to differentiate differeent medicines, after that i started workingin prescription area helping pharmacist to dispense prescriptions.
Pros
best enviroment to work.
Patient and Goal Oriented Business
Patient Access Rep/Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
PeaceHealth strives for excellant Patient satisfaction. In my experience with the patients they seem well taken care of and happy.
Pros
Coworkers and Patients
Benefits
One of the worst jobs
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 9, 2015
This hospital does not promote employee satisfaction. I do not recommend this place of employment.I was treated badly on a daily basis. Management is never around to help when it is busy.
Pros
not very many pros.
Cons
Horrible management
medical office secretary (Former Employee) –  floatAugust 19, 2015
first job in the business, hard to review them as of today I have been gone from that job to long
this business is changes so I would think the process I participated in are no longer valid
but every day I answer the phone
Cons
My working experience motivate me and increase my knowledge
Senior Nursing Sister (Former Employee) –  Helping the service user to gain their confident.May 6, 2015
Whenever I have a difficulty cases which needs prompt attention..

I have learn how to handle the difficult case with calm and ease. which also help me to put myself in those patient conditions
Management of hospital was well maintain to maximal standard which made the hospital unique in the city.
My co-worker are on time available work together as a team .
The hardest part of the job is that when the patient doesn't have money for their treatment and it is very important then you have to save the patient life by standing in the gap. Whenever the patient was discharge home fully recovery then I always fill fulfil.
Cons
8hours in the morning
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07August 26, 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
It was ok to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2015
A typical day was to acquire equipment and draw blood. I learned how to communicate with patients better. I also learned how to be more efficient at drawing blood. The management was ok but I believe it could of been ran a lot better. I learned how to talk to my patients and how to get their minds off the procedure so it would not hurt as much.
Pros
The coworkers were ok to work with
Cons
The hospital closed
Good working environment
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 10, 2015
I gained more experience with good coworkers. It is a great place to work. The shifts were 12 hours, which was fine. 3 days a a weel
JOB Experience
Nuclear Medicine - Pet/ct Technologist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLAugust 11, 2015
Good work place, I love the fellow techs. My Radiology nurses were very flexible and helpful with patient transport and IV venipuncture access.
Pros
flexibiltiy for my reserve duty
Cons
Not enough good parking
Productive and Fun Workplace
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 30, 2015
Overall, I like my job here.
Emergency department is busy, so it keeps you on your toes.
I received great training here and encouragement.
I love that I get to work face-to-face with patients and be a part of a team that will help them in their time of need.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Scheduling
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Pros
supervisor are helpful
Cons
People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan