Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work.
Certified surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA1 September 2016
as a surgical tech my duties included assisting the doctors in surgery. preparing the operating room for the surgery. my co-workers were great to work with. they always helped anyone in need. we were like family. i loved the challenges surgery offered. i loved meeting all the patients and talking with them.
Pros
great benefits
Great Hospital to work for
RN INPATIENT SURGERY ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL23 June 2016
Great hospital to work for. Management is amazing and will work with you in time of need. Great scheduling, Excellent benefits.
Overall a great hospital and would recommend to anyone.
productive workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cebu City3 September 2016
I am currently working as a NICU staff nurse at Sacred Heart Hospital. A typical day at work in NICU department is an 8 hour shift with 4-5 deliveries per shift. I have been working as a NICU nurse for more than 5 years now. I have learned new skills, developed the right attitude that is necessary in providing care to infants who needs different level of care, from a well baby to an infant who needs critical care. Infants who needs critical care are those who have congenital defects, premature, with complications during delivery, and the likes. The management listens to what their employees needs to improve the quality of care to be rendered to the patient. My co workers are very open and eager to learn and gain new skills to grow professionally and as a person. The hardest part of the job is telling the families of a dying baby the situation. The most enjoyable part is receiving a newborn baby.
Pros
can request duty schedule
I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI15 October 2015
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Pros
Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons
few and few benefits
Family atmosphere
Echocardiograph Technician (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA16 January 2017
Lovey, friendly place to work, unfortunately no room for advancement or pay increase.
Very nice place for team work.
Fun people, hospital gives you the small town community feel.
Cons
No increases, no growth oppertunity
This was a great hospital with the feel of a small community family
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL11 January 2017
Unfortunately, this facilty is closed due to poor management of funds. I truly miss the family atmosphere that only this hospital could provide for me at the time.
Pros
Small quaint hospital
Cons
Closed
Small Community hospital
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA13 January 2016
Hospital is small, and friendly. Advancement is possible and obtainable if desired. Pay is low and little compensation. You will love it here if you love your job for what you do and not because of the financial rewards.
This was my faviorte job ive ever worked.
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI5 September 2016
I loved this place. Lots of work for not the greatest but okay pay. Everyone there was lime family to me. I rocked at all the postions i did there. Only reason i quit was be ause my mother qorked there in housekeeping and then passed away unexpectedly. Made it hard to performe my work duties at the time so i had to quit to heal myself. I have a lot of awesome memories at this place!
Pros
awesome people, awesome job, time flew by
Cons
didnt recive enough income for how many postions and how long i stayed
loved my job
Medical Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL28 October 2016
Work with students, enjoy working with some of my co-workers, usually very busy. Worked with clinical students who had to rotate with MDs, DOs, PAs, NPs. Sent their requirements and if they went to a rotation out of the state had to contact hospitals if student was required to rotate there with preceptor. Trying to get affiliation agreements with hospital is the most hardest part of the job
Great company and people. Lots of market competition which makes all better.
Regional Director of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI1 September 2016
Truly enjoyed working with HSHS and I grew as a professional. Great leadership as I reported to the CFO role. Very busy and I was given many different types of task related to managed care and business outreach. It was truly an honor to work for them.
Pros
Great people who truly wanted to do the right thing for the patients.
Cons
Some pushback to change which is normal for a company of HSHS size.
Excellent work enironment, spacious, clean, adequate number of work stations, helpful coworkers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA20 April 2016
When I accepted the offer to work here it had been nearly 20 years since I last worked in a hospital pharmacy. I did my very best to learn the new skills required and to work in a fairly high pressure and fast paced work environment. I was able to perform most of the job tasks, but I only had 2 months to learn everything before I would have to operate the entire pharmacy by myself. Although I very much enjoyed the interesting work, I did not feel that I could do all that was required of me after such a short period of training and decided that in the interest of patient care and the provision of top quality pharmacy services I would not be able to do this, so I decided to resign from this position.
Pros
helfpul coworkers, good management by pharmacy director, pleasant environment
Cons
very stressful conditions
Productive and great staff, new learning every day.
Phlebotomist /Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI2 January 2017
I love the fast pace setting. I enjoy meeting the new patients everyday as well as the regulars. The system and supplies are more updated and innovated.
Great people to work with
Certified Nursing Assistant and HUC (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI16 December 2016
Great people to work with. Willing to work with you if you are a student for scheduling. Everyone is so helpful and wants you to be able to learn and see new things.
Friendly Place
Clinical Medical Assistant - Employee Health (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA6 January 2017
I had a great support system with the Nurse I worked with and with Human Resources. I worked daily with HR and Employee Health and feel it was a great place to be.
enjoyable experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA10 October 2016
The experience at Sacred Heart is so totally different, you feel like you are part of a family, that cares about you. It is a smaller Hospital and that must be taken into account, but fun people to work with.
Great place to work and learn
Physical Therapist Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 October 2016
Very enjoyable atmostphere for learning. Between the Total Joint Center, and learning the fast paced world of Acute care rehabilitation. The staff is very friendly and eager to answer questions.
Working at Sacred Heart
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 October 2016
I loved working for Sacred Heart Hospital because I had a chance to work with Pediatrics, Critical Care Patients, Progressive Care Patients, and Emergency Room Patients.
GREAT CO-WORKERS THAT SUPPORTED EXCELLENT PATIENT CARE AND CONTINUOUS LEARNING
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL2 October 2013
The floor I worked on was a very busy fast paced medical, surgical trauma unit. Co-workers were great team players always willing to work together to give the patients great care. Hardest part was the difficulty managing time to actually spend with your patients as the workload can be very demanding.
Management has improved greatly after having gone through 5 floor managers in 9 years with the last one being the best and longest so far, at three years and counting.
Salary is very competitive and the benefits are among some of the best in the area. Overall-if you like challenge and a fast paced environment-you will enjoy Sacred Heart Hospital.
Pros
challenging and very diversified patient load, always learning
Cons
demanding and heavy workload
Was very fun and friendly place to work for
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 September 2016
They treat everyone with respect workers and patients.Lovely place to work for. communication is great , never had no problems with anyone
Pros
Great food, communication
I loved every day going to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 July 2016
Sacred heart was like a second home everyone cared about getting the job job and worked together to get it done. This was the type of job you would love to go to every day and stay o9ver because you knew they appreciated you
Pros
happiness