Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons: few and few benefits
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Small Community hospital
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Hospital is small, and friendly. Advancement is possible and obtainable if desired. Pay is low and little compensation. You will love it here if you love your job for what you do and not because of the financial rewards.
Patient and Goal Oriented Business
Patient Access Rep/Data Integrity (Current Employee), Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
Pros: Coworkers and Patients
Cons: Benefits
PeaceHealth strives for excellant Patient satisfaction. In my experience with the patients they seem well taken care of and happy.
Patient Experience of helping others.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I loved my job working as a valet attendant at sacred heart hospital. I made my days be the best days of the week. I worked a Monday thru Friday shift. I love helping patient and visitors in and out of vehicles. Also learning every technique how to assist patients into vehicles after they have been discharge from the hospital. I parked just about every car I can think of, as far from Chevy, ford, Nissan, Porsche, etc. A typical day of work was from parking more than a hundred fifty cars on a daily basis. Management did an okay job as far as looking out for their employees. I feel like my management team did not really care about the valet team; only time will be acknowledge if we was to do something wrong. The hardest part about the job was to come to work everyday knowing whether you still going to be there or not which made it very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just parking cars, but it was taking care of patients. Interacting with show them that you care about them and whatever it was they was going through with their loved ones.
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07August 26, 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: reduced cafeteria food
Cons: management
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
conducive environment
Nurse Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Malolos City, BulacanFebruary 28, 2016
being a phlebotomist, at first was a difficult job because I am a nurse but as time passes I already enjoyed my job. I acquired new knowledge in venipuncture and specimen handling. though i am a nurse, the medical technologists welcomed me as one of them. as my daily routine, i am posted in out patient department extraction area as well as in patient on-call extractor. the hard part of being a phlebotomist back then was you accommodate both in and out patients with every door bell and phone calls, and immediately respond to their needs. its just that in every situation like that, there are patients who recognizes your dedication and gives uplifting comments on your work which makes us all enjoy our job.
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons: the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Small and personal
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 29, 2015
There is growth here at SHH. Most positions are 8 hour days. I started as night shift RN and quickly advanced in the ranks because of my determination. Compensation of wages and benefits are lower in comparison to the other two local competitors.
Very professional and fast moving pace.
Medical Assistant/CNA/Emergency Room Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Meeting new patients and working in the E.R
Cons: none
I was in charge on opening of the office and preparing the daily schedule for the day, Patient care was my priority, All of my co-workers where very professional and worked hard on patient care. The hardest part of my job was receiving bad news about a patient being very ill. The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the day all the Doctors, Patients, and co-workers leave work in a positive and pleasant day. Working with the Doctors in the office and the Emergency Room was an experience.
Great hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2016
Pros: Works with my school schedule
Cons: No room for advancement
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedules, knowledgeable staff, works well with students school schedules and clinical rotations.
Great work-life balance
Attending Physician, OB/GYN (Current Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work with a very supportive administration. Excellent work-life balance. Opportunity to interact with and teach family medicine residents.
Nice and wonderful staffs
NURSING AIDE (Former Employee), Urdaneta PhilippinesMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Bonus pay
Cons: Pay not enough
Staffs work together as a team. Family also are very involve with patient's care. The management listens to staffs concerns and issues.
Great Organizationsn't
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 1, 2016
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: to many call-outs
Doesn't provide enough training, supervisor is insecure with her job and the administrator rides everyones back. The co-workers are great. The Haven is affiliated with Sacred Heart which provides service to poor. Sacred heart is owned by Ascension Health Services which is discriminate to itsd employees.
Fast pace makes time go by fast always Overtime
Emergency Technician (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMay 15, 2015
Pros: HR is very helpful
Cons: Breaks are cut alot
The best part is learning things everyday and helping others. Also good benefits with great programs within the hospitial l for employees
career advancement is of great concern
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), cebu cityApril 8, 2016
Pros: free meals
Cons: possibility of extended working hours
the thing that i love the most working in this institution is that i am able to handle various surgical cases as well as handling deliveries since i am assigned in the OR-DR department. I also love to go on duty knowing that i get along well with my colleagues.
Fun workplace and nice co workers
Volunteer at sacred heart hospital (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work was cleaning the cafeteria and restocking the soda and condiments. The hardest part of the job was the hours because i worked a full 8 hours because my mom worked there two and she was my ride. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the people that works there
Great job. Learned a lot
RN (Former Employee), Miramar Beach, FLDecember 30, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers, good money
Cons: Most stressful job I've ever had
I worked med/surg so it was a demanding job. I loved what I did. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was incredible. /the cafeteria was incredible. I learned a lot in nursing.
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 28, 2014
Pros: paid lunch brake
Cons: the medical staff
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
a workplace that i can enhance may advance skills related to nursing.
Nurse (Former Employee), P01October 20, 2015
Good workplace with supportive and helpful senior colleagues. Happiest part of being a nurse is that at the end of the day/shift/ work duty, patients and relatives appreciate your job and thankful.
I've also learned how to prioritize the needs of the patient and give them appropriate interventions.I grow in this company as a nurse and develop my skills and showed what i have as a professional.