Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 15, 2015
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Pros
Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons
few and few benefits
Small Community hospital
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Hospital is small, and friendly. Advancement is possible and obtainable if desired. Pay is low and little compensation. You will love it here if you love your job for what you do and not because of the financial rewards.
Excellent work enironment, spacious, clean, adequate number of work stations, helpful coworkers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 20, 2016
When I accepted the offer to work here it had been nearly 20 years since I last worked in a hospital pharmacy. I did my very best to learn the new skills required and to work in a fairly high pressure and fast paced work environment. I was able to perform most of the job tasks, but I only had 2 months to learn everything before I would have to operate the entire pharmacy by myself. Although I very much enjoyed the interesting work, I did not feel that I could do all that was required of me after such a short period of training and decided that in the interest of patient care and the provision of top quality pharmacy services I would not be able to do this, so I decided to resign from this position.
Pros
helfpul coworkers, good management by pharmacy director, pleasant environment
Cons
very stressful conditions
Patient Experience of helping others.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I loved my job working as a valet attendant at sacred heart hospital. I made my days be the best days of the week. I worked a Monday thru Friday shift. I love helping patient and visitors in and out of vehicles. Also learning every technique how to assist patients into vehicles after they have been discharge from the hospital. I parked just about every car I can think of, as far from Chevy, ford, Nissan, Porsche, etc. A typical day of work was from parking more than a hundred fifty cars on a daily basis. Management did an okay job as far as looking out for their employees. I feel like my management team did not really care about the valet team; only time will be acknowledge if we was to do something wrong. The hardest part about the job was to come to work everyday knowing whether you still going to be there or not which made it very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just parking cars, but it was taking care of patients. Interacting with show them that you care about them and whatever it was they was going through with their loved ones.
Patient and Goal Oriented Business
Patient Access Rep/Data Integrity (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2015
PeaceHealth strives for excellant Patient satisfaction. In my experience with the patients they seem well taken care of and happy.
Pros
Coworkers and Patients
Benefits
conducive environment
Nurse Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Malolos City, BulacanFebruary 28, 2016
being a phlebotomist, at first was a difficult job because I am a nurse but as time passes I already enjoyed my job. I acquired new knowledge in venipuncture and specimen handling. though i am a nurse, the medical technologists welcomed me as one of them. as my daily routine, i am posted in out patient department extraction area as well as in patient on-call extractor. the hard part of being a phlebotomist back then was you accommodate both in and out patients with every door bell and phone calls, and immediately respond to their needs. its just that in every situation like that, there are patients who recognizes your dedication and gives uplifting comments on your work which makes us all enjoy our job.
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
Pros
reduced cafeteria food
Cons
management
Good Work Enviornment, Fast Passed
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 8, 2016
• Collects blood, urine and other laboratory specimens and prepare them for lab testing
• Maintains patient confidentiality and keeps necessary records
• Follows infection control procedures
• Responsible for performing venipuncture, capillary puncture and other fluid collection
good learning experience
Medical and Surgical Nurse Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cebu City, P07August 26, 2015
its a tertiary hospital with good working environment and its a good place to improve my nursing skills.the hardest part of the job is they dont offer compensation and benefits.
I loved every day going to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2016
Sacred heart was like a second home everyone cared about getting the job job and worked together to get it done. This was the type of job you would love to go to every day and stay o9ver because you knew they appreciated you
Pros
happiness
Great hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2016
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedules, knowledgeable staff, works well with students school schedules and clinical rotations.
Pros
Works with my school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
productive workplace
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 9, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was hearing all of the life stories my elderly patients would share with me. A typical day at work would consist of transporting patients throughout the hospital to all of their test and procedures for that day.
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Pros
the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons
the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
productive and fun
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 27, 2016
Coming in at 7am and signin in patients to see the doctor, and updating info as they leave the er, I also will process insurance if need be and have them sign consent forms for treatment
Pros
being at work
Cons
getting sick
Great Hospital to work for
RN INPATIENT SURGERY ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 23, 2016
Great hospital to work for. Management is amazing and will work with you in time of need. Great scheduling, Excellent benefits.
Overall a great hospital and would recommend to anyone.
Fun workplace
Patient Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
This was a great company to work for, I enjoyed transporting the patients to and from the hospital, listening to a lot of great stories from the elderly.
Pros
GETTING TO GO TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
Cons
NO CONS
Nice and wonderful staffs
NURSING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Urdaneta PhilippinesMarch 31, 2016
Staffs work together as a team. Family also are very involve with patient's care. The management listens to staffs concerns and issues.
Pros
Bonus pay
Cons
Pay not enough
career advancement is of great concern
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  cebu cityApril 8, 2016
the thing that i love the most working in this institution is that i am able to handle various surgical cases as well as handling deliveries since i am assigned in the OR-DR department. I also love to go on duty knowing that i get along well with my colleagues.
Pros
free meals
Cons
possibility of extended working hours
Great place to grow, but the unit is in flux
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 8, 2016
I would prefer if the information given to a person in an interview is consistent with the day to day realities on the department.
Pros
The patients are great.
Cons
Some coworkers and management tend to be petty and sometimes unprofessional.
Good job for beginners
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 6, 2016
A day at work is dealing with a lot of food and sad people some happy. management needs work, learned about a lot of peoples problems and life experiences, did a lot of inventory.