Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Sacred Heart Teaching Hospital (Former Employee), NigeriaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches and free transportation
Cons: 20 hours per week
clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment in all major areas of responsibility
Intern
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee), Coopersburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: very nice people. under great supervison
Cons: only an extern, not to many openings
awesome place to work. everyone is very nice. people are always willing to help if in a difficult situation.
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 28, 2014
Pros: paid lunch brake
Cons: the medical staff
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: advancement
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement in your career.
OK to work for them...if you're a nurse or doctor.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 6, 2014
Pros: i was able to work from home. the pay and benefits were very good.
Cons: management didn't seem to care about the people in the department, no job security as our department was outsourced to another company with absolutely no warning, very difficult time getting time off when needed.
This was my first transcriptionist position and I learned so much about the processes of the medical records. I was busy most of the time and when we weren't busy, we had to use our Paid Time Off (PTO). We could accrue PTO but we had a difficult time getting it approved by our supervisor as she would only allow one person off at a time. When we were outsourced, I had over 300 hours of PTO that had to be paid out. Our supervisor was out of the office most of the day and when it came time for our yearly reviews, she had to ask the person just below her to give her information as to whether or not we were good at our jobs. No clue as to what we did on a daily basis. The women I worked with were helpful, a lot of fun, and very nice. I'm still in contact with them. I liked my position because I felt I was helping people even though I wasn't a doctor, nurse or some other medical professional that had contact with the patients. I felt that the quality of my work helped the medical professionals do their job.
Great place to work.... very friendly staff and patients
Admissions/Outpatient Reg/Billing/Collections (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 4, 2014
Had to leave the position due to having to help take care of father who had stage 4 cancer
Externship Student (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: knowledge
I enjoyed my externship. Learned an extreme amount of knowlegde. The techs were very informative and felt the need to push you to learn more. I love that. A challenge was needed.
Supervising & assisting new nurses with patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: 3 nights per week, 4 off.
Cons: night shift could be hard with the hours demanded, the physicians angry that you were calling them, and the limited care sometimes due to the hour of need.
A typical day involved seeing each patient and assessing their needs, while making rounds with the RN supervisor leaving her shift. I would then make patient assignments according to an appropriate nurse coming on. I would receive report & plan patient care appropriately. I would make sure each patient had the care they needed, plus extra TLC. I enjoyed management & teaching because I saw many positive outcomes. The hardest part was when we could not have a favorable outcome no matter what we did. The most enjoyable part was seeing success & happiness, in patients and staff.
I can not forget the days worked at this hospital.I really loved everything about this place.
RN (Former Employee), KLNovember 4, 2014
The experiences I got from this hospital are very valuable in my life.
Hospital is closed now. Small Hospital
Clinical Lab Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work the people made you want to come to work everyday.
Sacred Heart Hospital
Certified Nursing Asst (Former Employee), 3240 W. FranklinOctober 29, 2014
Pros: team work with my co-workers, patients, learning new things
Cons: having to leave, wanting to work more hours
My day would start with finding out who my patients were and introducing myself to them and asking if they required anything before their vitals were taken, after that I would assist the RN and the doctors on call with changing bandages and fixing tubing and going over the patients care for my shift. I would work alone most of the time , so I would get to work as soon as possible . The hardest part of my job was when my shift would end , I was part of a team were the care of our patients was 100% , we helped each other in every way, a well oiled machine and they made my job adventurous and I learned something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my patients and watching them get better and leave the hospital.
Great large company
LPN II (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 27, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: low pay
Great experience, great staff. Pay is lower than the national standard. Not always understanding of family emergencies.
fun work place
Laboratory Assistant (Phlebotomist) (Current Employee), Cebu City, P07October 25, 2014
The company is good but we are only a contractual employee. It is fun in or hospital because we can saw some artist. we have a good relationship between my co - workers and our supervisor.
NICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 21, 2014
Pros: teamwork
During my three months in the Neonatal ICU at Sacred Heart, I learned a great deal about dealing with high-risk newborns and the care that they require. I performed admission assessments and helped the doctors develop a plan of care that was individualized for each infant. Along with caring for the patients, it was important to incorporate family centered care and include families on the plan of care each day. The best part about working in the NICU was the teamwork that every person in the unit possessed. No matter what their role was, every member of the interdisciplinary team worked together to ensure the best care was given to the patient and their families. The hardest part of the job was helping the families deal with such an unexpected outcome of their baby landing in the unit. Not every baby had the best outcome and it was important to make it the best experience possible for the infant and family, no matter the outcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the babies that started in the most critical conditions get to go home and live the life that healthy babies are suppose to be able to live.
supportive and hard working/driven rehab team
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: supportive staff and good learning enviroment
Cons: very fast paced work enviroment
worked on Transitional Care and Hospital Units with small cohesive rehab staff. Continued to hone /improve skills working with mainly geriatric population. Fast paced work enviroment and need to be able to multi task and problem solve on a continual basis. Faith-value based staff hard working and driven. Enjoyed leading or co-leading groups such as Tai-Chi Groups wth PT staff.
Good positive environment and managment
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLOctober 6, 2014
Very fun work environment.
I learned valuable on the job training.
nurse intern
Student Nurse Extern (Former Employee), pensacola, flOctober 6, 2014
Pros: ojt
Cons: nurses not helpful in teaching me future skills
I worked as a CNA in College, I did vitals signs and bed baths.
Gannett Fleming, Inc. is a superior place to work. They are professional Engineers in the design/build of infrastructures in all 50 states.
Licensed CNA (Former Employee), Allentown, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: excellent health care plan and the fact that you work wirh professionals
Cons: nothing i can think of
I worked as a Administrative Assistant to a Professional licensed Engineer in the Transportation Division of the company. I worked directly for the Vice President of the Mass Transit Section and also the eight PEs that reported to him. My responsibilities were all secretarial duties of the section, phones, filing, library, and all correspondence of Section. I took dictation for the VP and produced correspondence his signature. At times, I was given the authority of signing his name, in his absence. I produced all proposals and job reports from hand-written notes from the PEs and coordinated with drafting and artists the extras for production.
Hospital Environment
IT Director (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2014
Hospital Environment with updated Technology.
A Juniper switching backbone with a Meru wireless network.
Health Care is going down hill
CT and X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee), Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good for gaining experence
Cons: if you aren't already full time expect to be part time with no end in sight.
I like the people I work with but the health care industry isn't doing very well. Difficult to find full time work, the radiography field is saturated. No raises since I started there, (3+ years ago) people there longer than me and they haven't received any raises either. Nickle and dime everything. There's never any good news only bad news. Doesn't sound much different at other hospitals. Sorry I changed to a career in health care,

1 2 3 4 5