Sacred Heart Hospital

Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
educational and good learning experience
Resident (Current Employee), Allentown, PAApril 23, 2015
Pros: supervisor are helpful
Cons: People can not afford to pay for expensive treatment plan
In General, the work load could be handled, I learned different treatment techniques from dentist with different speciality. I have a friendly and professional relationship with the staff. The most think that make my day is when I see satisfied patients and patients are feeling upset because I will not provide dental care for them.
Sometimes, cases turn to be more difficult than others but the final result was satisfied such as doing root canal on infected teeth and swelled gum and cheek.
Enjoyed it
Coordinator (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with everyone at Sacred Heart Hospital. We worked very hard and were like a family. The people I met will always have a place in my heart.
An awarding occupation
Infusion Services Representative (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLApril 10, 2015
Having the ability to help indigent patients obtain his/her chemotherapy medication, has had a profound effect on me. It has opened my eyes to see the need of people who live below poverty and thus caused me to go above and beyond the requirements to help the patients to obtain their medication. For instance, working along side physicians to help treat the patient on off label treatment and to obtain that drug for free through various foundations.
productive work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), LagosApril 8, 2015
productive work place environment that meets client physical and emotional health needs.learned to be patient with clients and importance of reports.
Okay place to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: the pros is that it's positive and lay back environment.
Cons: the cons is that the pay suck and the health benefits suck too.
I work part time at sacred heart hospital. Over all it's a good work environment. Most of the staff is good and the people are helpful. I Learned that some people are not made out for the health care profession. Management is okay. My co-workers are over all good people to work with and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and the pay. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping another person.
Great atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2015
A great place to volunteer and learn about the field of Oncology. Friendly and professional staff. Also got to interact with numerous doctors, assistants, and patients.
Fast paced
Emergency Room unit secretary (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 13, 2015
A typical day in the emergency room is registering patients, verifying insurances and making sure they are comfortable the entire stay.
Positive work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FloridaFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: healthcare
Smooth daily transitions, approved quality management. Can learn an array of knowledge. Positive co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is learning the different aspects of working with certain physicians.
ok work place
HEALTHCALL CLERK (Current Employee), allentownJanuary 23, 2015
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
•Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
•Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
Enjoyed my time at this job- it was fulfilling and informative
Unit Secretary- Emergency Room-Admissions (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: friendly working conditions
Cons: underpaid
Working conditions were great, enjoyed the interaction with Doctors-Nurses and other medical staff. Took pride in knowing that I possibly made a difference in some life.
productive
Sacred Heart Teaching Hospital (Former Employee), NigeriaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches and free transportation
Cons: 20 hours per week
clearly and consistently demonstrates extraordinary and exceptional accomplishment in all major areas of responsibility
Intern
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee), Coopersburg, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: very nice people. under great supervison
Cons: only an extern, not to many openings
awesome place to work. everyone is very nice. people are always willing to help if in a difficult situation.
Challenging job
Hospital (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 28, 2014
Pros: paid lunch brake
Cons: the medical staff
Working in environmental services for Sacred Heart Hospital was very challenging. First, if you can't stomach cleaning blood, urine and other unknown bodily fluids this is not the job for you. Second, you will come in contact with the overworked medical staff, the nasty nurses, rude doctors and then there are the condescending administrative staff. And third, the pay just wasn't enough for all of the duties I had to do. The benefits were OK, but not great. And I had to work a weekend once every month. I didn't get to enjoy anything working in environmental service. It's a tough job, plain and simple.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: advancement
Great place to work if you are looking for advancement in your career.
OK to work for them...if you're a nurse or doctor.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIDecember 6, 2014
Pros: i was able to work from home. the pay and benefits were very good.
Cons: management didn't seem to care about the people in the department, no job security as our department was outsourced to another company with absolutely no warning, very difficult time getting time off when needed.
This was my first transcriptionist position and I learned so much about the processes of the medical records. I was busy most of the time and when we weren't busy, we had to use our Paid Time Off (PTO). We could accrue PTO but we had a difficult time getting it approved by our supervisor as she would only allow one person off at a time. When we were outsourced, I had over 300 hours of PTO that had to be paid out. Our supervisor was out of the office most of the day and when it came time for our yearly reviews, she had to ask the person just below her to give her information as to whether or not we were good at our jobs. No clue as to what we did on a daily basis. The women I worked with were helpful, a lot of fun, and very nice. I'm still in contact with them. I liked my position because I felt I was helping people even though I wasn't a doctor, nurse or some other medical professional that had contact with the patients. I felt that the quality of my work helped the medical professionals do their job.
Great place to work.... very friendly staff and patients
Admissions/Outpatient Reg/Billing/Collections (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 4, 2014
Had to leave the position due to having to help take care of father who had stage 4 cancer
Externship Student (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: knowledge
I enjoyed my externship. Learned an extreme amount of knowlegde. The techs were very informative and felt the need to push you to learn more. I love that. A challenge was needed.
Supervising & assisting new nurses with patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: 3 nights per week, 4 off.
Cons: night shift could be hard with the hours demanded, the physicians angry that you were calling them, and the limited care sometimes due to the hour of need.
A typical day involved seeing each patient and assessing their needs, while making rounds with the RN supervisor leaving her shift. I would then make patient assignments according to an appropriate nurse coming on. I would receive report & plan patient care appropriately. I would make sure each patient had the care they needed, plus extra TLC. I enjoyed management & teaching because I saw many positive outcomes. The hardest part was when we could not have a favorable outcome no matter what we did. The most enjoyable part was seeing success & happiness, in patients and staff.
I can not forget the days worked at this hospital.I really loved everything about this place.
RN (Former Employee), KLNovember 4, 2014
The experiences I got from this hospital are very valuable in my life.
Hospital is closed now. Small Hospital
Clinical Lab Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work the people made you want to come to work everyday.

1 2 3 4 5