Sacred Heart Hospital Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cebu City3 September 2016
I am currently working as a NICU staff nurse at Sacred Heart Hospital. A typical day at work in NICU department is an 8 hour shift with 4-5 deliveries per shift. I have been working as a NICU nurse for more than 5 years now. I have learned new skills, developed the right attitude that is necessary in providing care to infants who needs different level of care, from a well baby to an infant who needs critical care. Infants who needs critical care are those who have congenital defects, premature, with complications during delivery, and the likes. The management listens to what their employees needs to improve the quality of care to be rendered to the patient. My co workers are very open and eager to learn and gain new skills to grow professionally and as a person. The hardest part of the job is telling the families of a dying baby the situation. The most enjoyable part is receiving a newborn baby.
Pros
can request duty schedule
Great Hospital to work for
RN INPATIENT SURGERY ADMISSIONS (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL23 June 2016
Great hospital to work for. Management is amazing and will work with you in time of need. Great scheduling, Excellent benefits.
Overall a great hospital and would recommend to anyone.
great place to work.
Certified surgical technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA1 September 2016
as a surgical tech my duties included assisting the doctors in surgery. preparing the operating room for the surgery. my co-workers were great to work with. they always helped anyone in need. we were like family. i loved the challenges surgery offered. i loved meeting all the patients and talking with them.
Pros
great benefits
Excellent work enironment, spacious, clean, adequate number of work stations, helpful coworkers
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA20 April 2016
When I accepted the offer to work here it had been nearly 20 years since I last worked in a hospital pharmacy. I did my very best to learn the new skills required and to work in a fairly high pressure and fast paced work environment. I was able to perform most of the job tasks, but I only had 2 months to learn everything before I would have to operate the entire pharmacy by myself. Although I very much enjoyed the interesting work, I did not feel that I could do all that was required of me after such a short period of training and decided that in the interest of patient care and the provision of top quality pharmacy services I would not be able to do this, so I decided to resign from this position.
Pros
helfpul coworkers, good management by pharmacy director, pleasant environment
Cons
very stressful conditions
This was my faviorte job ive ever worked.
Nutrition Services Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI5 September 2016
I loved this place. Lots of work for not the greatest but okay pay. Everyone there was lime family to me. I rocked at all the postions i did there. Only reason i quit was be ause my mother qorked there in housekeeping and then passed away unexpectedly. Made it hard to performe my work duties at the time so i had to quit to heal myself. I have a lot of awesome memories at this place!
Pros
awesome people, awesome job, time flew by
Cons
didnt recive enough income for how many postions and how long i stayed
Great company and people. Lots of market competition which makes all better.
Regional Director of Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI1 September 2016
Truly enjoyed working with HSHS and I grew as a professional. Great leadership as I reported to the CFO role. Very busy and I was given many different types of task related to managed care and business outreach. It was truly an honor to work for them.
Pros
Great people who truly wanted to do the right thing for the patients.
Cons
Some pushback to change which is normal for a company of HSHS size.
Good job for beginners
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA6 June 2016
A day at work is dealing with a lot of food and sad people some happy. management needs work, learned about a lot of peoples problems and life experiences, did a lot of inventory.
I enjoyed work for Sacred Heart Hospital and knowing that I could help maintain the needs that were asked of me!
linen attendant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI15 October 2015
Had the task of maintaining the linen needs of the Hospital. Use of industrial washers & dryers, folding machines. learned how better to work under pressure,work with management to make their jobs easier. Worked with a great team of people and would help to get the tasks done for the day! the hardest part of the job would be when a machine would break down and trying to get it running again, so we could get the orders in for the day. But the most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and a sense of accomplishment!
Pros
Vacation, PTO based on hours worked
Cons
few and few benefits
Patient Experience of helping others.
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL16 February 2016
I loved my job working as a valet attendant at sacred heart hospital. I made my days be the best days of the week. I worked a Monday thru Friday shift. I love helping patient and visitors in and out of vehicles. Also learning every technique how to assist patients into vehicles after they have been discharge from the hospital. I parked just about every car I can think of, as far from Chevy, ford, Nissan, Porsche, etc. A typical day of work was from parking more than a hundred fifty cars on a daily basis. Management did an okay job as far as looking out for their employees. I feel like my management team did not really care about the valet team; only time will be acknowledge if we was to do something wrong. The hardest part about the job was to come to work everyday knowing whether you still going to be there or not which made it very stressful. The most enjoyable part of my job was not just parking cars, but it was taking care of patients. Interacting with show them that you care about them and whatever it was they was going through with their loved ones.
Great place to grow, but the unit is in flux
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL8 May 2016
I would prefer if the information given to a person in an interview is consistent with the day to day realities on the department.
Pros
The patients are great.
Cons
Some coworkers and management tend to be petty and sometimes unprofessional.
Small Community hospital
Adult Psychiatric Unit Patient Care Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA13 January 2016
Hospital is small, and friendly. Advancement is possible and obtainable if desired. Pay is low and little compensation. You will love it here if you love your job for what you do and not because of the financial rewards.
productive and get the job done type of job
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL13 January 2016
Dependable coworkers
Management needs some work
busy, busy, busy
love interacting with patients to keep them happy
work hard throughout the day
Pros
reduced cafeteria food
Cons
management
Great place to work and learn
Physical Therapist Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL6 October 2016
Very enjoyable atmostphere for learning. Between the Total Joint Center, and learning the fast paced world of Acute care rehabilitation. The staff is very friendly and eager to answer questions.
I loved every day going to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL11 July 2016
Sacred heart was like a second home everyone cared about getting the job job and worked together to get it done. This was the type of job you would love to go to every day and stay o9ver because you knew they appreciated you
Pros
happiness
enjoyable experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA10 October 2016
The experience at Sacred Heart is so totally different, you feel like you are part of a family, that cares about you. It is a smaller Hospital and that must be taken into account, but fun people to work with.
Working at Sacred Heart
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL12 October 2016
I loved working for Sacred Heart Hospital because I had a chance to work with Pediatrics, Critical Care Patients, Progressive Care Patients, and Emergency Room Patients.
Was very fun and friendly place to work for
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 September 2016
They treat everyone with respect workers and patients.Lovely place to work for. communication is great , never had no problems with anyone
Pros
Great food, communication
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI28 July 2016
its a very relaxed atmosphere and most everyone treats you with respect, however in my department, we are underpaid and therefore, the turnover rate is quite high, leaving us understaffed most of the time.
Great hospital
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 March 2016
Great environment to work in, flexible work schedules, knowledgeable staff, works well with students school schedules and clinical rotations.
Pros
Works with my school schedule
Cons
No room for advancement
Nice and wonderful staffs
NURSING AIDE (Former Employee) –  Urdaneta Philippines31 March 2016
Staffs work together as a team. Family also are very involve with patient's care. The management listens to staffs concerns and issues.
Pros
Bonus pay
Cons
Pay not enough