Sabre Employee Reviews

Simple infrastructure
Cozy work process
Tactical management
Secured job
Good balance of life and work
GOOD
Cons
NOT MUCH
Community Focused - Good place to work
Senior Principal Information Security (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX2 March 2017
Sabre offers many benefits to employees like Skillsoft online training and 24x7 online books. In addition to online executive abstracts, workout facilities, paid volunteer days, etc. This is in addition to competitive pay and benefits (401k match), onsite health clinic, cafeteria, health rooms and onsite health screening.

This said, there is a culture change now that the company is public and there is a new CEO. I see more "bottom line" type decisions which are good for the company at the expense of benefits. (welcome to the real world).

Overall, I would recommend Sabre as a good place to work.
Pros
gym, onsite health clinic, online learning, paid volunteer days
Cons
Culture shift, recent layoffs, big company pains (not nimble)
Depending on where you are it can be exciting to work here
Architect (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX26 February 2017
Constant hiring and reduction in work force can be very distracting and stressful. Some areas continue to operate on old legacy software stack though some others are making an effort to modernize
A great place to learn
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX17 February 2017
You learn a lot about all aspects of working in a big corporations, and in technology. However, the company culture would benefit from more communications from the top-down.
Pros
good people, some flexible work schedules
Cons
open floor plan can make it hard to get work done
Excellent Work Environment
Finance Operations/Accounting - General Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 7823316 February 2017
The work place culture is a friendly and team working culture. Fast pace culture working but most enjoyable place work at. I learnt a wealth of information about back office accounting and the credit card industry.
Sabre Review
Senior System Delivery (Project Manager) (Former Employee) –  Southlake TX8 February 2017
A typical day at work was easy but frustrating because every body seems to think their problem is a priority over everyone else.
I didn't learn much because I was never sent to training even though it was promised multiple times.
The workplace culture is hard to determine at present because a new CEO has just taken over. I can say that the way it was leading up to the new CEO was not pleasant. Everyone had the attitude that you should work as much as possible and be available to answer emails at all hours of the day and night.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get the company to give me proper training. Because it wasn't given i never felt like I was doing a appropriate job for my position.
The only enjoyable part of this job was the vacation time that I had earned and some of the friendships that I made. There are no perks and no matter what they say they don't seem to be interested in hiring the most skilled workers.
Pros
Vacations and distance from home
Cons
Management and what seemed like a lack of funds to help employees better themselves.
Great place to work and learn
Marketing Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR26 January 2017
This a great company to develop your sales, marketing and distribution skills along providing excellence customer service
Pros
Great development oportunities
Cons
Extensive travel required
Depending on the where you work within Sabre, this can be an interesting place to be
Sr. Principal Application Architect (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX24 January 2017
Sabre has some interesting products in play in the market that can be fun to work with but It also has a lot of Legacy technical debt which at times can weigh things down
Large changes in management and multiple rounds of layoffs hurt the culture. The new management was not successful restoring it
Lead QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX12 January 2017
Sabre's higher management was changed dramatically in preparation to go public.
That improved the company financially and was great since long due changes were finally implemented.
However, after a while, that impacted the moral, and job security feeling and the culture was changed to the worse in less than 3 years.
The employees changed as well. Many of the management level (that knew in advance about the changes!!!) found smart ways to move on.. The laid off people got nice packages and the remaining were either new management, existing management that liked the new culture, and a lot of insecure and resentful people.

The fun coming to the office was limited as well as team work.
Pros
Location, green building, excellent benefits, many employees are young, young at heart, and open minded people
Cons
everything else
Great culture and friendly environment
Payroll Analyst Uruguay and Latin-American (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo10 January 2017
Hello. A typical day: I wake up at 7.30 and take the bus in order to arrive to the company at 9. I work in HR deparment with 15 other people in an open office. I have learned a lot of (internal) customer service, Kronos app skills, work in team, and working with remote managers. I work with excellent people, very friendly and who take care of the communication and colaboration. I do not know if it is difficult, but for sure needs a big responsability, to reach all time-frames in critical dates. The most enjoyable part is working with people from other countries.
Pros
mobile shifts
DevOps Support (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX9 January 2017
Many company-sponsored events to encourage innovation. Employees and contractors are dispersed all over the world -- Texas, Oklahoma, Poland, Uraguay, India, etc.

Workers have great control over the software loaded on their company laptops, which means that you get to load your own software. (For those with desktop skills, this is great! For those with less desktop knowledge, support is available, but you will have to request/schedule it.)

People are generally friendly to newcomers.
Not As good to work for
Software Engineer (Developer) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka5 January 2017
the Company policy is bit not Faith full work Pressure is too High very difficult to Handle. as they have so much work after a good performance bonus they will fired you because of Project over in middle
Pros
Salary is Too good as High rate of Project uncertain and Immediate layoff
Cons
Daily you will feel Layoff, and you will be in danger always.
Great work culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 December 2016
Great place for perfect work-life balance. Not much stress at the workplace. Management is not proactive. They did fire a few people before going public, but for the rest of the period you have good job security.
Pros
No stress, good work-life balance
Cons
Outdated technologies, won't learn a lot
reservations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX17 November 2016
Took inbound calls and assist in making hotel reservations. Assist with errors in reservations. Not much else to say. Just easy job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
boring
fun workplace
Associate Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 760928 November 2016
I worked in Sabre for about 2 and half months and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I had to learn completely new technology called React JS. It was very challenging. There is not a single day, when I don’t learn anything new about the technology that I’m working on. Apart from technical knowledge and skills that I have gained while working here, I also got to know the work culture and how to work as a team. I am constantly being challenged to be a better developer, be inquisitive and innovative while keeping the ethics and values of the company intact. The job not only made me acquire new skills, but also made me a better professional. The job gives me exposure of meeting up with new people of different backgrounds, skills and talent which has made me a better person. I’m sure that I’ll be able to apply the knowledge and skills gained in all my future assignments, be it academic or professionally. It gave me confidence to handle other assignments successfully. The learning experience I gained here will help me even after I graduate
overall good place to be.
Synxis System CRS administrator (Former Employee) –  south america uruguay6 November 2016
The people are very immature, even the supervisors they are not trained properly but overall it a good place to start off.
New and cutting edge technologies
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX5 November 2016
Platform to use new and cutting edge technologies.Work culture was awesome.People were helpful and all you need to do is just ask.Compensation was great,in fact best among my batch (in Texas).
Good place for learners
Sr. Cognos Developer/TM1 Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX1 November 2016
This Place is really good for beginners
Helps people to learn things
Co operative and team building is good
Work environment is really nice
Good company but no job security
Sr Quality Analytst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX26 October 2016
No job security is the only problem. Work culture is good and managers were also great. Self organized small teams, space is cluttered
Very good work experience
Mgr, Cust Support and Software Delivery (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX24 October 2016
Sabre went from wholly owned subsidiary to a private entity. When taken private, work morale went up because of modernization of the corporate culture.