Sabre Employee Reviews

Great culture and friendly environment
Payroll Analyst Uruguay and Latin-American (Current Employee) –  Montevideo, Departamento de Montevideo10 January 2017
Hello. A typical day: I wake up at 7.30 and take the bus in order to arrive to the company at 9. I work in HR deparment with 15 other people in an open office. I have learned a lot of (internal) customer service, Kronos app skills, work in team, and working with remote managers. I work with excellent people, very friendly and who take care of the communication and colaboration. I do not know if it is difficult, but for sure needs a big responsability, to reach all time-frames in critical dates. The most enjoyable part is working with people from other countries.
Pros
mobile shifts
DevOps Support (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX9 January 2017
Many company-sponsored events to encourage innovation. Employees and contractors are dispersed all over the world -- Texas, Oklahoma, Poland, Uraguay, India, etc.

Workers have great control over the software loaded on their company laptops, which means that you get to load your own software. (For those with desktop skills, this is great! For those with less desktop knowledge, support is available, but you will have to request/schedule it.)

People are generally friendly to newcomers.
Not As good to work for
Software Engineer (Developer) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka5 January 2017
the Company policy is bit not Faith full work Pressure is too High very difficult to Handle. as they have so much work after a good performance bonus they will fired you because of Project over in middle
Pros
Salary is Too good as High rate of Project uncertain and Immediate layoff
Cons
Daily you will feel Layoff, and you will be in danger always.
Great work culture
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka12 December 2016
Great place for perfect work-life balance. Not much stress at the workplace. Management is not proactive. They did fire a few people before going public, but for the rest of the period you have good job security.
Pros
No stress, good work-life balance
Cons
Outdated technologies, won't learn a lot
reservations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX17 November 2016
Took inbound calls and assist in making hotel reservations. Assist with errors in reservations. Not much else to say. Just easy job.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
boring
fun workplace
Associate Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX 760928 November 2016
I worked in Sabre for about 2 and half months and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I had to learn completely new technology called React JS. It was very challenging. There is not a single day, when I don’t learn anything new about the technology that I’m working on. Apart from technical knowledge and skills that I have gained while working here, I also got to know the work culture and how to work as a team. I am constantly being challenged to be a better developer, be inquisitive and innovative while keeping the ethics and values of the company intact. The job not only made me acquire new skills, but also made me a better professional. The job gives me exposure of meeting up with new people of different backgrounds, skills and talent which has made me a better person. I’m sure that I’ll be able to apply the knowledge and skills gained in all my future assignments, be it academic or professionally. It gave me confidence to handle other assignments successfully. The learning experience I gained here will help me even after I graduate
overall good place to be.
Synxis System CRS administrator (Former Employee) –  south america uruguay6 November 2016
The people are very immature, even the supervisors they are not trained properly but overall it a good place to start off.
New and cutting edge technologies
Business Systems Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX5 November 2016
Platform to use new and cutting edge technologies.Work culture was awesome.People were helpful and all you need to do is just ask.Compensation was great,in fact best among my batch (in Texas).
Good place for learners
Sr. Cognos Developer/TM1 Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX1 November 2016
This Place is really good for beginners
Helps people to learn things
Co operative and team building is good
Work environment is really nice
Good company but no job security
Sr Quality Analytst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX26 October 2016
No job security is the only problem. Work culture is good and managers were also great. Self organized small teams, space is cluttered
Very good work experience
Mgr, Cust Support and Software Delivery (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX24 October 2016
Sabre went from wholly owned subsidiary to a private entity. When taken private, work morale went up because of modernization of the corporate culture.
There are too many changes in the management in the last few years.
Sr. Enterprise Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX23 October 2016
There are too many changes in the management in the last 2 years. All the new managers want to change something, and sometimes it caused communication problems.
Pros
New technology
Cons
Not enough time to learn
Decent working environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TX19 October 2016
Overall, working for the Sabre call center provided sufficient work experience. There were many issues with the software, which made tasks difficult at times.
Pros
Free food on occasion
Cons
System crashing, insufficient information to provide clients
Innovative and fun company.
Senior Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX13 October 2016
Individual ideas are given importance and if they see potential they go out of the way to help you implement the ideas.
Fun atmosphere but work life balance takes a beating once in a while.
Na
Associate Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX8 October 2016
Good work for interns I particulary liket it and i hope many will join. Less conversion rate to full times.Hope it changes in fututre. Good environment
Great Experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX29 September 2016
Wonderful customers, peers and depth of expertise in travel. A new grad can gain a wealth of global experience in the first few years on the job. Now, the downside - The work days are long and the emails never stop. Unfortunately, the leadership culture involves too many tactics and not enough focus on true strategy and growth.
Pros
Global company with broad base of great customers.
Cons
Little balance and sparse leader development
Its great if you are in the cliques
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX14 September 2016
This place is very strange. On the outside it looks like this great company but once you are inside it's cut throat, there is no familiarization training, it's learn as you go. One airline runs the AS side of things which leads to losing customers. Performance reviews are based on heresay, the manager who you report to has little say, they go in front of a committee. If you are not in the cliques they won't know you and if they don't know you, your score will be low and you get no raise or profit sharing.

You are expected to work 14 hour days to accommodate that one airline, and other projects/customers go by the wayside. You have to work on Sundays and holidays to accommodate THEIR lifestyle and religion. You are thrown into things without training, with managers that are not trained and expected to do a stellar job. Things are not good right now for Sabre, the pipeline of work is going to by dry after 1Q 2017. Work from home depends on your manager. Some employees get permission to move to Florida and work remotely, and others have trouble getting a week to WFH because of personal issues. It's all about who you know not how much you can do.
Pros
Organic food
Cons
Cliques, incompetent managers, forgetting about all customers
Bad work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX7 September 2016
This is a terrible place to work. They have a history of massive hirings and massive lay offs. They don't care about their people.
Easy to keep busy.
Fares Analyst (Former Employee) –  Soutlake22 August 2016
I worked the early morning shift. I learned a lot about travel agencies and cruise lines. You could work at your own pace within specific deadlines. Reduced costs traveling on American Airlines, especially for international travel.
Good for technology-savvy airline veterans
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX13 July 2016
Surprisingly large technology company serving airlines and other travel suppliers. Slow-moving compared to more contemporary tech providers, but many opportunities to move to different roles.