Sabre

Sabre Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Year 2000 Software Developer/ Senior Project Manager
Area of Information Technology Program Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: successful project completion
Cons: sale of sabre to eds.
Typical - Initially a year 2000 software developer. Quickly moved back to Project Manager

Learned - Preferred to Lead projects rather than to fall back on following other Project Managers.

Management - receptive.

Co-workers - Professional. Supportive.

Hardest - The air conditioner in the Trinity Building in Dallas Texas

Most enjoyable - Successful – more... project completion. – less
A more laid back but still satisfying job
Field Engineer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: a very enjoyable job with satisfaction in seeing immediate positive results from my efforts
Cons: satro staffed by teleservice resource employees vice american airlines employees, financial cutbacks resulted in this facility being first to be closed
As Field Engineer, I supported voice and data equipment and networks for inbound calls for the American Airlines Reservation Center located in San Antonio (SATRO) . Upon arriving for work, I would clock in and initially check my daily employee communications requirements - email, tasks, quotas, etc. Our office in the Comm Center provided administrative – more... offices, a computer maintenance area and a TV/ break room. We would respond to Reservation Agent complaints of telephone and/or terminal malfunctions. If unable to complete an on the spot repair after troubleshooting, I would replace the defective components and returning the bad equipment to the workshop, continue troubleshooting, either completing the repair or identifying required replacement parts. On quiet nights (no customer complaints-unusual but it DOES happen), I would work on other spare telephone systems/terminals to ensure an availability of spare units to swap out in response to agent complaints. I performed periodic data backups of agent phone calls used to evaluate agent customer service performance and assist agent team leaders in resolving agent/customer conflicts. – less
Sabre has very flexible work culture. Sports events and regular get togethers
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexible timings and small regular events which makes you feel relaxed
Sabre is a very good place to work with. People are very friendly and fun loving. Flexible timings and Management is also good.
Sabre Holdings Review
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: fulltime
Cons: 2 hour drive, slow progression
I was hired on to Sabre Holdings through a contractor. I never made it out of the training period before they let me go. Here's a summary of my day to day experience at Sabre.

First we start off, I get to Sabre and we sign some paper work and start training. They handed us a book of information and a folder of quiz's. I was the youngest being hired, – more... the youngest above me was 35.
Let me first start off by saying, I learn a different way than others. I'm more of a, Do it myself/Hands on learner. Within 2 days I had completed every quiz and I had the software completely memorized. When told to do something in the software, I was the first to get it done. I even finished so fast that they had me do it another 10 times before the class caught up.
After this week of training, which the last 3 days went by incredibly slow due to the fact that I was so far ahead. We took a test to see if we had been paying attention and if we had learned the software. I finished the test in 10 minutes, compared to the 2 hours it took everyone else. I passed with a 93, the highest grade in the class.
The next week, I was on my own separate team. The training class went with a team that was more basic and I was sent to a team that was top of the line. This team had the highest scores in the call center and once again, I was so far younger than all of them.
For the next 3 days, they had me doing what is called "Buddy Jacking" which is when you simply listen and observe someone else who is taking calls.
For a total of 24 hours, all I did was sit and listen. I had memorized the properties, I had everything down to a tee. I was looking to progress and there's not much progression whenever you're sitting in a chair practically doing nothing, using only the senses of hearing and seeing. I dozed off a few times, it was honestly extremely boring. I asked the manager several times if I could take a call myself, get more of a hands on experience. Each day the answer was "No." and by Thursday morning, I received a call telling me that I was let go.
The reason I was let go was not because I wasn't able to do the job. Not because I didn't know the information. They told me the reason I lost the job was due to maturity. – less
hard working enviorment
Production (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAJune 10, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: no sitting
it was kind of a nice place to work in, the pay was good, it was easy and the guys over there were pretty nice to me. iv learn how to read a blueprint and a measuring tape. hardest part of the job was redoing a pipe just the slightest mistake and we had to do the whole thing all over again which I didn't really like.
Culture of Blame and Shame
Principal (Former Employee), Southlake. TexasJune 3, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits
Cons: work environment, micro-management, employees are expendable mentality and the customer doesn't know what they want
Culture divides rather than create cohesive teams working together. Customers are only held in high esteem when Sabre is trying to get their business. Otherwise, they are a burden to be dealt with, whatever was/is promised during the sales pitch is well, not necessarily a guarantee by Sabre to fulfill. After all as one director stated "airline's don't – more... really know what they want, they will ask for everything." – less
Customer Support Partner / Account Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 2, 2014
Support Partner and Account Manager- Responsible for the overall service for one of the major Airlines in UAE.
• Responsible for Service Delivery.
• Account Management.
• Project Management.
• Monitoring overall performance of services.
• Monthly and Quarterly Review Performance.
• Customer Adoption.
• SLA and Contractual Compliance
• Problem and Incident – more... Management.
Managing Global support Operation located in multiple countries with a team size of more than 80 employees.
• Successfully created support team which grew from 5 employees to over 50.
• Responsible for Level 1 and Level 2 support team.
• Incident and Problem Management.
• Project Management for key projects and Strategic Account
• Team Management.
• People and Organization Management
• Product Adoption.
• Creation and execution of support process.
• Employee Recruitment, training and Performance Evaluation.
• Integrating support methodology and process of acquired companies.
• Ensuring support efficiency by incident reduction, implementing and execution of process. – less
Professional Company
Director - Business Development, Asia Pacific (Former Employee), SingaporeMay 25, 2014
Enjoyed working. Challenging assignments. Good working atmosphere.
Great career challenges and opportunities
Coordinator/HR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to travel, direct report to sr vp, liasion to account team
Cons: became a part of rif with 1200 employees system-wide
Enjoyed working for Sabre.

Left as part of massive system-wide RIF: 1200 contractors first of month and another 1200 full-time regular employees end of same month due to loss of contracts
If you can get in, go for it
Lead Project Manager (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: competition
Sabre is a very demanding company to work for. Overtime is expected without compensation. The rules and systems are constantly become more complicated. Lots of learning potential.
Sabre Mgmt is inexperienced but GDS business keeps them employed
Program Director (Former Employee), SouthlakeApril 3, 2014
Pros: great tech exposure in travel and transportation
Cons: as dev mgmt sucks
If ti was not for GDS, Sabre would have gone extinct by now, like Dinosaurs.
Dynamic changing environment
Business Operations and Planning, Senior Analyst (Current Employee), South Lake, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: dynamic changing environment
Cons: work life balance
Environment full of intelligent, collaborative, innovative, culturally diverse employees.
Not Great
Analyst (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good work life balance.
Cons: layoffs
The company recently had many layoffs. I would caution anyone who is thinking about joining the company. Management keeps layoffs secretive and then out of the blue you could be laid off. I left a stable company to join Sabre, had not been there long, and was then laid off which has been frustrating. When I joined Sabre they were hiring so many people, – more... so I don’t think their planning/forecasting in line with their business needs. – less
Sabre is a technology company focused on growth
Business Operations Director (Current Employee), Southlake, TXMarch 20, 2014
Sabre is a company focused on growth and delivering the best possible software solutions to their customers.
Poor main Review while weekly Reviews OK
Sr. Software QA Engineer (Former Employee), Southlake, TXMarch 17, 2014
Typical day consisted of running, writing, and designing tests for new releases.
Hardest part of the job was understanding fellow workers, many of which were alien.
Performance termination. Asked to hold off on termination, to cover releases scheduled after hours.
They talk a good game
Building power plant poles
welder (Former Employee), Ellwood City, PAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: close to home, had benefits, and vacation within 30 days
Cons: not enough pay
Built power poles had to prep all bevels. Weld them all with flux core 81N 1/16 wire. All had to be ut before completion.
Relaxed Environment
Principal Java Developer (Current Employee), Southlake, TXMarch 7, 2014
Environment friendly, super relaxed nice location. Good HR but not so good retention, lot of project gets cancelled or not funded.
will expose you to multiple assignments
IT Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: work from home, flex hours
Cons: new mgmt and sweeping changes
good place until new mgmt took over. Not sure now. good place to learn new things. good people to work with.
Productive and nice place to work
Senior TPF Application developer (Former Employee), Southlake, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Typical day at work included design, code, test, create documentation, implementation of particular tasks and project, depending of current phase of project. I worked in excellent team.
I loved the culture of Sabre. Sabre has balanced work and life culture. All my colleagues were friendly.
International Tax Accountant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Southlake, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, bbqs
Cons: contractor
I learned how to work in a team before this experience I worked in a small team. In Sabre it was a team of 15 people. All directors, senior managers, managers senior staff members were very helpful.

1 2 3 4

About Sabre

What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that Sabre’s cutting-edge technology is – Read more