Sabre Employee Reviews

Forward thinking industry leader
Director, Strategic Planning (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 5, 2016
Blend of entrepreneurial and big company cultures. Progressive with strong collaboration. Ability to move to different types of jobs and assignments within and across business units.
Great place to learn the travel industry
Technology Consultant, (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2016
Sabre holdings is a great place to work in the travel domain. You get to solve for some of the challenges in the industry via software solutions
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2016
- Flex work life balance
- Emphasis on collaboration
- Culture depends on the team and it's management
- Salaries and bonus are less compared to industry standards
Pros
Flex work life balance
A place
Customer Service Professional in Reservation (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 27, 2016
It's okay , the co-worker are great but the moral and management is not good. The hotels are one of a kind. Great learning opportunity
Pros
learn the hotels industy
Cons
poor management
Productive, support and funplace
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Pleasured worked and nice co workers
Worked and Learned more ,, ,
Enjoyable and good place where I got nice colleagues and knowledge.
This is a great place to work with wonderful people to work with.
Lead Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I worked in the evening, We were an inbound call center for hotel reservations. Typically most days started with doing the daily reports, tracking agent stats and then handling customer service issues from the overnight and daytime crews. I was very customer service oriented so the harder ones would be saved for me. I had a knack for deescalating irate customers. I would also have to take inbound calls depending on how busy it was. I spent time almost every day coaching and talking to agents. I interfaced with our hotel customers as their main contact besides the account manager and trainer in our call center. I was well liked and respected by them. We had several groups in our call center. We had very little turn over in my group and the longest tenured agents. We also had, by far, the best attendance, as a group, in the call center. There were 12 perfect attendance agents in the entire call center last year and 10 of them were in my group of 14 agents. I wouldn't even miss work for ice storms and neither would most of my agents. My group and I took immense pride in our attendance. We had a really fun group. Agents wanted to come to work. We had a really good trainer in our group. She was a lot of fun too. We would take agents on that the other groups were ready to fire and make them into some of the most productive agents in the company. Agents really wanted to transfer into our group. I liked coming to work. It was good to see everyone. I think that was the best part. We had a good management staff that made all of this possible. It wasn't all fun.  more... There was a lot of work to do and getting it all in by the end of the day was pretty tough. The hardest part, I think, were the month end reports. The hardest part of that were the agent reports. Getting it all done in a timely manner made me pull my hair out sometimes. I'm sure I wasn't alone. I think just about everyone is squeezed for time at the end of each month Overall, a great place to work.  less
Pros
Good people to work with, beautiful grounds around the office and, most importantly, ample parking.
Cons
It was a call center so it was open 24 hrs a day 365 days a year. We had to work on holidays, nights and weekends.
No leadership or SDLC
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Sabre doesn't understand the Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Back office lead had no technical experience. I provided all of the skill to get the job done and it was an uphill struggle. In the end, the budget got cut all of a sudden and the team was wiped out except for the lead. It provided good experience and it will help me when I move onto my next position.
Pros
Paycheck, Frank and Alex were good coworkers
Cons
No leadership, no SDLC
Worst company to work for
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJJanuary 30, 2016
The entire company is garbage and they are a bunch of sneaky, unprofessional, unethical, and slimy people. They don't deserve any stars. I really hope what to happen to me does not happen to anyone else! I'm so glad I've moved on to BIGGER and BETTER things!
Great company to work for.
Civil/ Electrical Foreman, HVAC field technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2016
As stated before this is a great company with lots of opportunities to advance and further your knowledge in telecommunication, excellent co-workers, and managers. Great Benefits as well. It is a fulfilling job. On the other end though, it is a demanding job which is just part of the business and can be tough on family.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, UruguayJanuary 11, 2016
Responsible for supervising all credit card billing and claims. Factoring of third parties services. Registering of bank accounts.
Very productive
Associate Programmer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This is a ideal suit company if you are a candidate open to learn new skills and ready to work hard with team.
One of the best working environment with support from associates,Managers and team leads.
Gives equal opportunities to everyone.
Lucky to work here.
what you learned
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2016
During my period of 9 yrs i had learnt many new things and met different people and learnt how to work with team and build a relationship which develops my self and my company which would be helpful to me for building my career.
Pros
health care
Cons
need daily excersie to be fit
Was an excellent company to work for as a contractor.
IT Specialist/Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2015
Worked for the company for 3 years and they have provided me with a lot of online tools to further advance my IT career. The income was suitable for the position. The staff was very friendly and professional. Minimum benefits due to being contracted but overall it was definitely a good work experience.
Pros
Time Flexible, Paid Leave, Professional work enviornment, Team Cooperative, 401k Plan Prudential, Good Online Training Tools.
Cons
Contract Limitations. High Medical coverage, No Travel Time for Training, Distance from work.
Productive and fun place
Help Desk Product Support Associate (Former Employee) –  MontevideoDecember 1, 2015
Room to grow, always chances to learn or refresh your knowlegment. great benefits, generally cooperation existed between coworkers
Pros
Attitude was taken under account
Cons
Innovation although was encourages was difficult to be implemented due to company beraucracy
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2015
Latest technologies are used and hence a good learning place.
Very good work/life balance.
Job security.
Flexible working times.
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 23, 2015
During the internship, we interns were provided many kinds of resources to build our industrial skills. The company also holds many activities for us interns to know from each other and have fun together.
BA Intern
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2015
Excellent company, culture and people. Very kind and helpful people. Environment is very friendly and made me go to work each day.
Competitive work environment with smart people
Marketing Analytics & Strategic Planning Principal (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 19, 2015
Some of the smartest, hardest working people I have worked with were at Sabre. Also, some of the best managers I have had were at Sabre. They encourage people to move from role to role after a couple years so people get experience in multiple areas of the company, which I think is a fantastic policy. My only gripe is that they were really focused on MBAs and at one point I was told I would not be promoted any further unless I got an MBA. I felt my experience was worth more than anything I would learn in an MBA program, but they were uncompromising.
Pros
Great company coulture
Cons
Very focused on MBAs for advancement
Great company to work for
Team Lead Applications Architecture (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 9, 2015
Lots of opportunities for learning and growth.
Very up to date technologies and methodologies are used here or are in process of being implemented.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Too far away from my home
Frustated team members with extremely political managers
Tester (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 6, 2015
If you are as full time employee under the shadow of a manager and if you dont care of morality and meritocracy, then you may have a feeling my job is saved, but your carrer & growth will be in question. Most employees are not confident to move or join outside because of the laid-back managers & slow posion enviroment ( against self growth ). If you are full of aspirations looking for nurturing environment and nono-frustrated teams then never think of joining except just for few months as a stop-gap.
Externally they will say and do lots of stuffs as a show off but daily work environment is like draining out your time & talents which you could have utilized in other place with better money & recognitions.
Contractors are here 3rd class citizens and management extract thier talents to help full time poor skilled employees.
They will copy your ideas, codes, files without giving you recognition and represent to higher management as not fit for the team before starting to make you feel you dont know anything or of any use to them. It helps the managers to cite the reasons against you.
On top, they might internally block you to apply independently after letting you go.
Other few employees understand these culture but works to save thier job somehow.
One good point is lot ofdiversity inside but that brings along many racial issues. If you are in right team with less managers, then you might enjoy.
Lot to write, but it will be then 90% negative with only 10% good. Rest you find yourself. Good Luck.

Cons at glance:
Frustrating team members, Extrenely less transparency,
  more... Pre-made meetings with secret agendas by managers with close members, Confusing comments & Fights with silly points, After initial few months soon you will loose confidence on yourself to move out, Slow Posion environment, Too many managers than actual required workers  less
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Frustrating team members, Extrenely less transparency, Pre-made meetings with secret agendas by managers with close members, Confusing comments & Fights with silly points, After initial few months soon you will loose confidence on yourself to move out, Slow Posion environment, Too many managers than actual required workers