Sabre Employee Reviews

Was Expecting Something Different
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX18 February 2018
Some of the people I worked with, made it tolerable, but I was really expecting more from Sabre. Nepotism seemed pretty common. Leadership is very indecisive and will change their mind on things from one day to the next. Working in that kind of environment was pretty unsettling for my team.
Pros
Some decent people
Cons
Nepotism, Dunning-Krueger Effect, outdated equipment
Decent workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cracow16 February 2018
Tech is outdated, the company is slowly advancing, however still way behind the competition. Elastic work hours are a plus. The company has old school mindset, production deployments take place every two months. Tons of bureaucracy which slows everything and everyone down.
Pros
Elastic work hours
Cons
Old school mindset, very strict promotion rules and lack of career opportunities
Workplace with worklife balance
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka15 February 2018
Great company to work with in terms of professional and personal life.
lots to learn while working like new technologies.
not very stressful either.
work from home option is given when required.
Lots of confusion
Sr. Principal, Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX16 January 2018
As a long time Sabre employee, there are good and bad things about the company.

The good: I enjoy my peers and people truly care about the customer. Great work life balance.

The bad: new senior leadership doesn't know what they are doing. There are many changes organizationally, and they don't all make sense.
Exceptional co-workers, unaligned leadership
Principal Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX15 January 2018
Very knowledgeable coworkers
Collaborative environment
Senior management not aligned
Ability to work with multi-disciplinary team
In-job training is not good, sink or swim model prvails
Pros
Encourage remote working given its global nature
Cons
Lack of revenue sharing opportunities
Extremely fast-paced, competitive, great benefits, great salary
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX13 January 2018
Sabre is extremely busy which is great b/c the days go by quickly. I enjoyed my job duties. There work from home flexibility was great until they took it away. There are a lot of organizational changes for the better but it's unfortunate it resulted in job loss for many. Salary and benefits are great. Depending on the department, you can have great success at Sabre.
Pros
Great salary, great benefits, lots of employee appreciation
Cons
Too many unnecessary meeting, 8 hours of meetings per day, You're expected to be available all times, too much turnover
I worked for Sabre over 10 years and loved my job
Product Support (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX11 January 2018
I've learned so much of the travel industry over the years working for Sabre. The people are great. It's hard to advance with the company within the U.S.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
No company advancment in the U.S.
good to work
DevOps Engineer (Former Employee) –  Texas9 January 2018
employees are a family and the company is very progressive. They work on multiple technologies and give customer satisfaction We recognize that the only true measures of success are results.
Good company
Global IT Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX4 January 2018
Company provided reasonable options to work in a variety of skilled areas that were directly related to skill, talent, desire, ability key interest,
A Great Place to get back into the call center environment and even further than that possibly.
RESERVATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TX26 December 2017
So I started working here as an overflow of personal things began to hit my life. But the management, fellow workers, etc have been pretty understanding considering we really aren't supposed to be bringing our personal lives into the workplace.
Fellow workers have become possible friends, others have left and never been heard from again.
The culture here is one of success, plain and simple; however that success is driven by the fact that you MUST find a way to grow a relationship with your management team AND your fellow employees if you want to go anywhere in this organization.
If call-center and sales aren't your forte and you're just looking for career advancement, they have a way for you to study all types of IT and other certifications for FREE while you're at work, so that's a big plus as well.
Pros
Education, growth, culture
Cons
politics (everywhere you go), a little bit of favoritism sometimes
Average Company
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake19 December 2017
Sabre is struggling a bit financially but the people are good and fun culture. New C-level leaders have throttled growth and layoff has affected attitudes
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX16 December 2017
Laid back environment but not great salaries and benefits. Not much of career advancement options. Good management and low stress work environment. Great place to work
Sabre is a very labor intensive facility to work for
Senior Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IA1 December 2017
I wanted more than 60 plus hours and night shift. slim supply of parts and tools to properly do a job. No one noticed the hard work but they sure saw your weaknesses
It has great benefits
RESERVATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX1 December 2017
I took the job in the reservations center eith the intention of transfering to another department. However that did not happen. Great benefits, it's a lid back atmosphere
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Depends on which department
Excellent Company
Program Executive (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX14 November 2017
Excellent company, open culture and competitive. Identifies people for training programs. The product development teams are on the scale of any high technology companies and use the cutting edge technology stacks.
Horrible management..
Consultant / J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX7 November 2017
Story was later broken up into 28 Sub-stories!!!

Ridiculous

There was no point estimation, which is a major step in using the Agile Methodology in software development.
Best for freshers Fresher's
Principal Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Daman & Div7 November 2017
Its heaven for new Fresher's, its like academy to learn new things and new technologies which helps new comers to understand the IT industry which will help to get new jobs
Improvement
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Alvarado, TXNoth1 November 2017
Nothing to say just needs more improvement on the floor, the labor is hard working literally my have broken back even if we do the proper techniques. Needs better management, they need to know that the employees are doing their best on productions. Honest it really makes the employees hurting for actually working 12 hours straight.
The employees are a family and the company is very progressve.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TX31 October 2017
I enjoyed working at Sabre for 18 years. I believe I was fairly compensated and the benefits provided were top notch. I would still be with the company if I had not been affected by the recent reduction in forces.
Pros
People and commute.
Cons
Always awaiting the next reduction in forces.
What is life like at Sabre?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TX26 October 2017
It's usually a semi-constant pace at the beginning of the day, and tapers off to almost no calls at night.
I learned alot about the hotel industry and hospitality here.
Management is great on my team, however there is a good bit of favoritism in the workplace and it can negatively affect other co-workers when they are looking to move up.
Interesting people, extremely diverse workplace.
Monotony and ignorance are the hardest part of the job, as it is an everyday occurrence.
I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job are free fam trips to different properties, the relaxed nature of the job when it's not busy, and the "family" attitude of the teams.
Pros
Free trips out of the country, good benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive calls and questions, gossip.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sabre. Our community is ready to answer.