Sabre Employee Reviews

Was an excellent company to work for as a contractor.
IT Specialist/Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2015
Worked for the company for 3 years and they have provided me with a lot of online tools to further advance my IT career. The income was suitable for the position. The staff was very friendly and professional. Minimum benefits due to being contracted but overall it was definitely a good work experience.
Pros
Time Flexible, Paid Leave, Professional work enviornment, Team Cooperative, 401k Plan Prudential, Good Online Training Tools.
Cons
Contract Limitations. High Medical coverage, No Travel Time for Training, Distance from work.
Great company to work for.
Civil/ Electrical Foreman, HVAC field technician (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2016
As stated before this is a great company with lots of opportunities to advance and further your knowledge in telecommunication, excellent co-workers, and managers. Great Benefits as well. It is a fulfilling job. On the other end though, it is a demanding job which is just part of the business and can be tough on family.
Productive and fun place
Help Desk Product Support Associate (Former Employee) –  MontevideoDecember 1, 2015
Room to grow, always chances to learn or refresh your knowlegment. great benefits, generally cooperation existed between coworkers
Pros
Attitude was taken under account
Cons
Innovation although was encourages was difficult to be implemented due to company beraucracy
Good company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2016
- Flex work life balance
- Emphasis on collaboration
- Culture depends on the team and it's management
- Salaries and bonus are less compared to industry standards
Pros
Flex work life balance
Terrible Bosses, Terrible Culture
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 17, 2016
There was a history of belittling the employees that were not favored and and punishing those that were not "good enough". Management barely knew what we employees were up to and regularly ignored instructions and emails. No consideration for professional growth or development was given by management and most requests for information or guidance were ignored if you were not one of the favorites. The most difficult part of this job was trying to find a reason to care about the work since it was obvious no one from management did. The most enjoyable part of the job were the coworkers. They were all talented people who put up with too much.
Great company to work for
Team Lead Applications Architecture (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 9, 2015
Lots of opportunities for learning and growth.
Very up to date technologies and methodologies are used here or are in process of being implemented.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Too far away from my home
Campus is amazing
Storage and Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  DallasAugust 19, 2015
Good technology company and many benefits that offers an amazing cafeteria. Campus is in Southlake, Texas. Filling in more words because it is needed
Reservation Sales Not as fun as Sabre sells it.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 16, 2015
The job was/is to sell luxury hotel rooms at the finest properties around the world. My training didn't prepare me for what was ahead of call logging and emails plus never given the right script. The pressure to learn the sales pitch plus 700 hotels with low compensation and no weekends off was high. Plus, equipment/software issues daily. Management said we contacted IT. I called IT and they stated they never heard from management. Finally, team members were being terminated and disciplined by two different policies at the same time.
Pros
short commute
Cons
low pay, lack of respect from mgt, no opportunity
A place
Customer Service Professional in Reservation (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXMarch 27, 2016
It's okay , the co-worker are great but the moral and management is not good. The hotels are one of a kind. Great learning opportunity
Pros
learn the hotels industy
Cons
poor management
Very productive
Associate Programmer (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This is a ideal suit company if you are a candidate open to learn new skills and ready to work hard with team.
One of the best working environment with support from associates,Managers and team leads.
Gives equal opportunities to everyone.
Lucky to work here.
Tough environment at times
Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 27, 2016
Sabre can be a wonderful place to work, however there are a lot of morale and political issues that can also make it a difficult environment. There is certainly a 'good old boy' network in place that makes advancement difficult if you are not part of the in-crowd.
Good for entry level
Confidential Secretary (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great opportunities to build your career straight from college with a global company. Advancement mid and late career is difficult as longevity is viewed as a deficit.
Pros
Great global travel opportunities
Cons
Lacks advancement opportunities mid-late career
Competitive work environment with smart people
Marketing Analytics & Strategic Planning Principal (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 19, 2015
Some of the smartest, hardest working people I have worked with were at Sabre. Also, some of the best managers I have had were at Sabre. They encourage people to move from role to role after a couple years so people get experience in multiple areas of the company, which I think is a fantastic policy. My only gripe is that they were really focused on MBAs and at one point I was told I would not be promoted any further unless I got an MBA. I felt my experience was worth more than anything I would learn in an MBA program, but they were uncompromising.
Pros
Great company coulture
Cons
Very focused on MBAs for advancement
No leadership or SDLC
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Sabre doesn't understand the Software Design Life Cycle (SDLC) and the Back office lead had no technical experience. I provided all of the skill to get the job done and it was an uphill struggle. In the end, the budget got cut all of a sudden and the team was wiped out except for the lead. It provided good experience and it will help me when I move onto my next position.
Pros
Paycheck, Frank and Alex were good coworkers
Cons
No leadership, no SDLC
Helping owners protect their properties
Unlawful Detainer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAMay 23, 2016
Providing clients excellent customer service. Although we are not attorneys and The Eviction Center is not a law firm, based on our experience, we can advise you on what we have done to help others in similar situations.
No work life balance
Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 8, 2016
No work life balance and unorganized work.Good overall management and office.Office hours are too long which might effect the quality of life.Working s easy but timings and flexibility are difficult
Good people & teams, poor process
HEAD OF BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWMay 28, 2016
People are great and work really well together. conflicting orders from management and lack of process is frustrating.
Great culture & people.
No perks.
Pros
People
Cons
last minute orders, no clear process
Forward thinking industry leader
Director, Strategic Planning (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMay 5, 2016
Blend of entrepreneurial and big company cultures. Progressive with strong collaboration. Ability to move to different types of jobs and assignments within and across business units.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 11, 2015
Latest technologies are used and hence a good learning place.
Very good work/life balance.
Job security.
Flexible working times.
what you learned
Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 6, 2016
During my period of 9 yrs i had learnt many new things and met different people and learnt how to work with team and build a relationship which develops my self and my company which would be helpful to me for building my career.
Pros
health care
Cons
need daily excersie to be fit