SABIC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive work place and gained alot of experience.
Program Asistant (Former Employee), Addis AbabaApril 9, 2016
It was a nice place to work and a very friendly environment. I learned how to face different challenges and also how to solve them. In addition, I gained a lot of work experience and worked with cooperatively with team members.
Productive and fun teamwork
Operator in Safco (Former Employee), Jubail Industrial City, S.AApril 4, 2016
Pros: annual bonuses and coupons
Cons: healthcare, living place
Each week we work in different shifts (morning, afternoon,and late nights shift) usually an 8 hours shifts but in some cases we work for 12 hours shift
.learned how to operate and inspect some equipment in the plant
.learned how to take samples
.learned how to write a report
.learned how to fix and install parts
.learned how to be productive with a teamwork
time management is a must.
the hardest part would be during shutdown in the plant we work hard for 12 hours no matter how good or bad is the weather but at that time we learn much about how to operate the plant, how important and is the teamwork
Very time demanding with low work/life balance
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INMarch 16, 2016
Pros: Pay
Cons: As listed above
The only good thing about working at SABIC is the pay. They are by far, well above the average in this area. Other than thaqt it is a very time demanding plac eto work with zero work/life balance. It's a very bad rotating shif tschedule that the management will not even look at changing. Starts with a 12 hour evening to begin what normally works out to be a set of seven 12 hour evenings, the you may get one day off before starting a set of six 12 hour midnights. After that it's once again maybe two days off then a set of days that usually gets split between a noraml eight hour day and some 12 hour days. That would be the shift schedule, it's demanding time wise and leaves little time for anything family. The management is a very fluffy much of people that love telling you what they think you need to hear but usually end up doing something totally different that will benefit them and not the shift employees. They do love their fellow day employees and find ways to ensure they keep the status in line.
Nice working culture
Instrument (QA/QC) Engineer (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaMarch 13, 2016
Work done in friendly manner,nice people around,one gets international exposure as people from different nationalities are working together
Strong financial, good compensation
Manager, Global Reporting CoE (Current Employee), Pittsfield, MAFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: compensation
Cons: Management
Company pays well, has talent at lower and mid level management. Company's margin impacts with lower oil price, and has lot of challenges in implementing SAP.
Good work/life balance workplace
Process Engineer (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INFebruary 8, 2016
Each day provides several different types of challenges. With the variety of different units on the site, there are many ways to grow your technical knowledge. Although there are many challenging days, the company does provide a good work/life balance for its employees.
Good place to work in saudi arabia
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee), jubailDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Salary, medical
Good company to work in Saudi Arabia. System driven organisation with high potential growth. Lots of opportunities to tap and enrich the career.
Good Management and Nice Work environment
SAP ABAP Workflow WebDynpro ABAP BRF+ (Current Employee), JubailNovember 12, 2015
Difficult issues can be identified, discussed and resolved quickly, before they become more serious.

Assignments, tasks and objectives can be agreed completed and reviewed quickly - leaving actions more than a few weeks reduces completion rates significantly for all but the most senior and experienced people.

Frequent review meetings increase the reliability of notes and performance data, and reduces the chances of overlooking things
Communication is the key
Operation technician (Former Employee), Jubail, S04October 4, 2015
Communication in a good manner was the main key for me in this job to succeed. Since I was working as a loan sales man I had tune my self to adapt this job without previous experience. I was able to achieve my target each month by working hard to find the right client and make a good communication to convince.
Excellent job freedom with better chances for our self improvement.
Secretary to General Services Manager (Former Employee), Jubail Saudi ArabiaSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Efficient and understanding management
Cons: Big company
High Quality Management do exactly value our professional skills and respect our moral and ethics along with accepting our sincere suggestions for any alternate arrangements. Staff are well disciplined solely maintaining friendly environment and in short it is a pride to be part of this company.
PRODUCTIVE
TRAINEE ENGINEER (Former Employee), JUBAIL,SAUDI ARABIAJune 26, 2015
ITS A VERY GOOD COMPANY, COMPANY PROVIDES MANY FACILITIES LIKE GOOD MANAGEMENT,PROPER DISCIPLINE ETC.A PERSON SHOULD SURELY JOIN THIS COMPANY IF HE GETS AN OPPURTUNITY
Secure Job
Strategic Planning Senior Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 12, 2015
The selling point about this company is job security being the second largest cehmicals company in the world. Compensation and benfits package was good.
good
Risk Engineer (Former Employee), ksaJune 9, 2015
Good company with good exposure.
We bring together unparalleled capabilities:

Ingenuity is our lifeblood
A passion for collaborative working
A legacy of creating innovative applications
Depth and scale of activities
Our expertise creates tailored material solutions that help our customers change the world for good.
Good Company but Too big Company
Analyst of Supply Chain Execution &Operation (Former Employee), ShanghaiMay 18, 2015
I feel good for almost everyday work in SABIC. Although it has pretty much very busy periods.

I learned a lot in SABIC, good things, skills, bad things, office things.

Managers and most of the employees are real talent peoples with very solid experience and knowledge.

The hardest part of the job is that the management decision making is not so efficient, and people will not feel a lot about change and improvement.
Productive and Challenging work
SAP Security Consultant - HR Focal Point (Current Employee), Jubail, Saudi ArabiaApril 13, 2015
Pros: all facilities provided, snacks, lunch, dinner etc.
Worked on a project which is a non-negotiable delay or postpone.
Worked all together to make it success, its a team effort, management support finally went live on the exact go-live date without any delay.
good Emplyers
Site Project Manager - Special Projects (Former Employee), JubailApril 7, 2015
Complete experience with Greenfield and Brownfield disciplines, as well as onshore and offshore projects, taking projects from the CDP stage through to FEED into project execution construction, commissioning and hand over.
Productive and learning place
Sr.SAP Consultant MM/SRM (Current Employee), UKJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: place to develop and learn new skills
LOTS OF WORK
EWM
GOOD
EXPERIENCED
WHEN THERE IS NO WORK
TO SOLVE ISSUES ON PROJECT
Project Financial Accountant
Project Financial Accountant (Former Employee), Al JubailJanuary 7, 2015
I worked for Saudi Kayan Petrochemical company, SABIC. My roles and responsibilities are: processing invoice, checking progress report of sub contractor, checking the client reimbursable report as per our company policy. Preparing weekly and monthly cash flow reports to Finance department. Reviewing the bank guarantees / Performance bond / Progress payment guarantees. Maintain efficient filling system, Maintain up to date invoice register log, BG log, Sub contractor log. Assisting in preparation of Project Budget to Cost Controlling manager .
Fun in the beginning of 1998
Planner E & I (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaNovember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no job security for western expats
Review downdays.
Prepare spare parts from warehouse.
Coordinate with workshops for repair works
Good team spirit
I enjoy challenges
Getting the job done
Jubail
PROCESS TRAINER (Former Employee), UPOctober 12, 2014
Found wooden piece on the condenser on cooling water side.
Commissioning was not proper
Good
Good
Start up of LAO plant.
Onspec LAO products