SABIC Employee Reviews

Excellent workplace with healthy environmental culture
Company physician (Former Employee) –  Jubail industrial cit KSA10 November 2016
Company physician has responsibilities to manage the company clinic to give primary care to all employees and contractors. Provide industrial checkups to exposed employees and help to avoid high exposure to noise and overheat hazards
The leading company in the field of petrochemicals in the world.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Jubail8 November 2016
Sabic one of the best companies in the whole world, the process it self is my passion where can handle and control all the processes and reactions.

The environment is excellent except that all the employees are from the same culture and i found it much better to work with a company with diversity.
professional industry
technician, Saudi Arabia, Yanbu (Former Employee) –  Saudi Arabia22 October 2016
Highly motivated place to work in where you can get an experience in your field.I had the chance to troubleshoot many instruments.
Values more important. Employee most important.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vadodara India11 October 2016
Engage, Deliver, training,integrity. EHSS more important. Good environment for work.balance work life culture.
Healthy environment for work.
Pros
CTC
Cons
Stringent laws
Excellent company to develop a career
Product Executive, Chemicals Business Unit (Current Employee) –  الرياض11 July 2016
Excellent company to develop a career, it's the largest petrochemical in the Middle East and one of the lasrgest in the World. They offer good compensations and benefits packages.
great company
Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  الجبيل8 June 2016
I gut a lot of experience from this company such as
Work in mechanical maintenance
In the plant (Pumps, Compressors, Valves, Motors, turbines, heat exchanger, cooler, reactors, agitator, est…)
In the workshop (fabrication, welding, lathing, insulation, Auto shop, est…)

I love this company
having fund with my team
Administrative Staff (Current Employee) –  SABIC YANBU KSA25 May 2016
Good to work with my co worker we have a team work with our department.
i've learned about events planning.
fair management
have team work
event planning
give satisfied with our client
Pros
free housing and transportation only
Cons
short break
Diverse Culture
Global Legal Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MA19 May 2016
Globally diverse culture with excellent salary and benefits. A lot of virtual work. Best part is the caring, genuine, selfless people.
Large International Company
SAP PM Senior Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN6 May 2016
This company is like many other large organizations. It has its inefficiencies and its many pluses. One of the plusses is how it treats its employees. The organization is people friendly and values the safety of its staff, its visitors and its customers. I enjoyed working here and the people were fantastic.
Pros
Employee Focused, Safety First
Cons
Disorganized in some ways.
Polymer Technologist with 2 yrs Exp. in R&D, Technical services and Quality in Polymer & Oil and Gas industry
Lead Scientist (Current Employee) –  الرياض6 May 2016
Professional with over 22years experience (Including 5year in Oil & Gas Industry) in handling Research & development, Technical services, Quality Control, Cost reduction, productivity improvement, manpower development, and implementation of management systems like ISO 9001, TS 16949,ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in polymer and Oil & gas industry. Experienced in setting up R&D Lab & leading cross functional team to achieve the organizational objectives effectively; Excellent inter personnel skills.
Memorable work experience in SABIC Saudi Kayan
Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Al-Jubail - KSA14 April 2016
During the seven years and two months that I have worked in SABIC Saudi Kayan, I have learnt a lot. It was because of SABIC Management constant support and encouragement that I was able to perform my duties so well. In my position, I have gained considerable knowledge and thus I shall always cherish this, as one of the most satisfying phases in my career.

On a personal level, I have shared a special bond with all Top Management, Middle Management and co-workers. I have enjoyed working here in SABIC Saudi Kayan. I have shared a unique solidarity in all respects during my stay in SABIC Saudi Kayan.
Productive work place and gained alot of experience.
Program Asistant (Former Employee) –  Addis Ababa9 April 2016
It was a nice place to work and a very friendly environment. I learned how to face different challenges and also how to solve them. In addition, I gained a lot of work experience and worked with cooperatively with team members.
Productive and fun teamwork
Operator in Safco (Former Employee) –  Jubail Industrial City, S.A4 April 2016
Each week we work in different shifts (morning, afternoon,and late nights shift) usually an 8 hours shifts but in some cases we work for 12 hours shift
.learned how to operate and inspect some equipment in the plant
.learned how to take samples
.learned how to write a report
.learned how to fix and install parts
.learned how to be productive with a teamwork
time management is a must.
the hardest part would be during shutdown in the plant we work hard for 12 hours no matter how good or bad is the weather but at that time we learn much about how to operate the plant, how important and is the teamwork
Pros
annual bonuses and coupons
Cons
healthcare, living place
Very time demanding with low work/life balance
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN16 March 2016
The only good thing about working at SABIC is the pay. They are by far, well above the average in this area. Other than thaqt it is a very time demanding plac eto work with zero work/life balance. It's a very bad rotating shif tschedule that the management will not even look at changing. Starts with a 12 hour evening to begin what normally works out to be a set of seven 12 hour evenings, the you may get one day off before starting a set of six 12 hour midnights. After that it's once again maybe two days off then a set of days that usually gets split between a noraml eight hour day and some 12 hour days. That would be the shift schedule, it's demanding time wise and leaves little time for anything family. The management is a very fluffy much of people that love telling you what they think you need to hear but usually end up doing something totally different that will benefit them and not the shift employees. They do love their fellow day employees and find ways to ensure they keep the status in line.
Pros
Pay
Cons
As listed above
Nice working culture
Instrument (QA/QC) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saudi Arabia13 March 2016
Work done in friendly manner,nice people around,one gets international exposure as people from different nationalities are working together
Strong financial, good compensation
Manager, Global Reporting CoE (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MA15 February 2016
Company pays well, has talent at lower and mid level management. Company's margin impacts with lower oil price, and has lot of challenges in implementing SAP.
Pros
compensation
Good work/life balance workplace
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IN8 February 2016
Each day provides several different types of challenges. With the variety of different units on the site, there are many ways to grow your technical knowledge. Although there are many challenging days, the company does provide a good work/life balance for its employees.
Good place to work in saudi arabia
Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  jubail16 December 2015
Good company to work in Saudi Arabia. System driven organisation with high potential growth. Lots of opportunities to tap and enrich the career.
Pros
Salary, medical
Good Management and Nice Work environment
SAP ABAP Workflow WebDynpro ABAP BRF+ (Current Employee) –  Jubail12 November 2015
Difficult issues can be identified, discussed and resolved quickly, before they become more serious.

Assignments, tasks and objectives can be agreed completed and reviewed quickly - leaving actions more than a few weeks reduces completion rates significantly for all but the most senior and experienced people.

Frequent review meetings increase the reliability of notes and performance data, and reduces the chances of overlooking things
Communication is the key
Operation technician (Former Employee) –  Jubail, S044 October 2015
Communication in a good manner was the main key for me in this job to succeed. Since I was working as a loan sales man I had tune my self to adapt this job without previous experience. I was able to achieve my target each month by working hard to find the right client and make a good communication to convince.

4.2