SYSTEMATIX Inc. manufactures high quality, factory automation systems for diverse industries. Our machines are used for assembly, inspection, testing and other processes. Currently, we are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to our multi-disciplined team.
The incumbent will generate concepts and develop original mechanical designs for custom automation systems. The successful candidate must have a keen analytical ability and mechanical creativity with a penchant for simplicity and efficiency.
- Determine, understand and verify the function and mechanics of assigned projects
- Review initial concept with sales, project manager, customer and supervisor as required
- Formulate machine design in CAD using simple, efficient and cost effective processes
- Specify and obtain quotes for specialized purchased equipment
- Select appropriate mechanical, sensing, pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Compile Sequence of Operations, I/O List, Pneumatic BOM and Valve Bank Layout
- Work with assigned detailer to complete and check drawing package
- Responsible for checking and releasing BOM to Purchasing
- Work with assigned Programmer to create working program
- Respond to questions from machine shop and assembly during building of machine
- Available as a constant resource to the machine builder throughout the build and debug phase
- Review marked up drawings and work with assigned detailer to update complete drawing package
- Store data (specifications, quotes, estimates, drawings etc.) according to Systematix standards
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field with a minimum of 6 years work experience is mandatory
- Ability to effectively present information
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as trigonometry, exponents, logarithms and quadratic equations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Ability to proficiently use CAD and current office computer software
- Must be creative, have a mechanical aptitude and think and visualize in 3 dimensions
Benefits of working at SYSTEMATIX
Employees enjoy the spirit and great working atmosphere of a growing and innovative technology company where creativity and initiative are encouraged.
The compensation package includes full benefits, profit sharing and pension plan.
Applicants who enjoy the challenges of working for a leader in the high tech industry are asked to submit their resumes through our website www.systematix-inc.com.
SYSTEMATIX INC. is a world class designer and manufacturer of factory automation machinery, including specialty robotic assembly and test...