Software Engineer-Windows Embedded Perm or 6 month CTH (Salary of 55k -70K)
This mid-level software engineering position will be part of the EB infotainment software team. The initial focus will be on implementing exciting new features for the very popular Ford SYNC infotainment platform. We are looking for team members with strong communication and software development skills that thrive in a fast paced agile project environment.
(might need relocating to USA, Michigan and hence need to be US or Canadian Citizen)
- 2-5+ years experience developing software on embedded operating system, preferably Windows Embedded or Windows Embedded Automotive
- 2-5+ years experience developing software applications with C++
- The ability to work in a complex tool environment
- Excellent software debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Travel will be required at the beginning of the assignment for training and ramp-up and some ad-hoc travel as needed.
Additional Skills (nice to have):
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems and Multi-Threaded environments
- Track record of working in a distributed project environment
- Experience SCRUM and Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge in applying Software Design Patterns
- Understanding of UML state-charts
- Fluent in a second language both written and verbal