POSITION TITLE: Senior Graphic Designer
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the position of Senior Graphic Designer will lead Suzy Shier creative development from conceptualization through to final production.
- Works with Marketing Manager to establish creative direction to deliver a cohesive look and style across all consumer touch points (including advertising, promotions, in store collateral, flyers/brochures, PR, website, e-mails; as well as corporate communications).
- Builds and leads a high-performing external team of photographers, stylists, hair/make-up artists, models, producers and copywriters that will consistently deliver on the creative concept for each project.
- Supervises all stages of the pre-media and production process: ensuring timely photo selects, turnaround of files and proofs to pre-media partners, and reviews color correction and proofs. Attends press approvals, as necessary.
- To review and select photo shoot imagery and develop proactive and strategic recommendations on campaign development (i.e. Concept, layout, typography, font etc…) that further build and strengthen the Suzy brand and image.
- Collaborates with Visual Merchandising to ensure alignment of in-store creative elements and overall brand identity.
- Collaborates with buying team on all elements of shoot planning (layouts, style briefing, style-out, pre-production, co-ordination of samples).
- Works with Fashion Direction to review and discuss seasonal direction, color palettes, art direction and creative concepts.
- Creates e-blast and updates website for seasonal launches.
- To research, conceptualize and design artwork for all Suzy marketing materials which include in store signage, posters, flyers, price points, seasonal and promotional marketing elements, advertising and web marketing elements.
- Flexibility to change direction as required
- Perform other duties assigned by Marketing Manager.
- Five years of professional experience, with a minimum of three years as a graphic designer at an agency, retailer or fashion-oriented environment.
- Experience in formulating concepts and marketing campaigns that engage, communicate and sell
- Expertise in fashion photography (ideally in editorial, advertising, as well as catalogue shoots)
- Functional expertise in graphic design, including layout, knowledge of typography, and color theory
- Exposure to web creative development and web campaign implementation
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and foster relationships internally and externally and function as both a team leader and team player
- Creative, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to generate new and original ideas within the parameters of brand objectives; attuned to the fashion industry and aware of current trends
- Possesses strong aesthetic sensitivity to evaluate layout, photography and typography with excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills
- Strong team management, time management and creative resource management capabilities
- Ability to juggle several projects at once, adapt to emerging priorities, unexpected challenges and tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard