DO YOU LOVE THE FITNESS INDUSTRY - HAVE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE - WANT TO BE PART OF AN EXCITING BUSINESS - LOOKING FOR A CAREER NOT JUST A JOB?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR HIGHLY MOTIVATED - PROFESSIONAL TO JOIN OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM. APPLY TODAY!!!
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY - ST ALBERT, EDMONTON AND AREA
- To assist the Club Manager in the operation and management of Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club according to the company’s Visions, Principles and Values, in a highly professional and efficient manner to the meet the service expectations of Club Members and the fiscal expectations of the Business Principal.
- To improve the efficiency and professionalism of all aspects of customer service delivery associated with the Membership Service Department thereby meeting Club Member expectations, while managing the Department’s profit centers to meet fiscal projections and providing assistance with the management of our 1,500 Club Memberships.
Areas of Responsibility
As the Assistant Club Manager you are responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Supervision of all Club operations and personnel (including touring prospective Members) in the absence of the Club Manager as scheduled on the Duty Supervisor rotation.
- Assume functional lead role as Department Leader for the Membership Services Desk team.
- As Assistant Manager assuming responsibility and taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency (e.g. medical incident, fire alarm, etc) within the Club.
- Be primarily responsible for all general club operations including the Membership Service Desk (MSD), Member Lounge, Housekeeping and Maintenance Departments. Also act as team leader for the part time Duty Supervisors.
- Ensure, in an efficient and effective manner, that the all club Departments meet SVAC customer service standards and expectations.
- Oversee general Club operations, and work in collaboration with SVAC Department Leaders to ensure a seamless delivery of services to SVAC Club Members, and attend monthly scheduled and unscheduled meetings as required.
- Oversee part time employee scheduling, hiring, performance evaluations and disciplinary action according to company HR policies and procedures.
- The development and implementation of new MSD operating procedures including the creation of Department Memos and communication systems to impart this information.
- Ensuring that all club personnel adhere to, and are held accountable for established operation procedures and ensure training requirements have been met.
- Work with the Club Manager while scheduling and facilitating quarterly Departmental meetings and / or training sessions for club staff.
- Oversee the authorization of the club payroll time clock, staffing schedules, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables.
- A thorough understanding and working knowledge of the MBO (Mind Body Online) club software to ensure Departmental accuracy of membership data entry, accounting and efficiency, is of critical importance.
- Oversee sales for revenue, general operations inventory and daily cash management.
- This position is considered a full time post based on 40 hours per week including day, evening and weekend shift work, with 80 hours calculated between the 1st and 15th days of the month (inclusive), and the 16th and 31st days of the month (inclusive).
- It is a salaried position with eligibility to participate in the company benefit programs after successful completion of a standard 3 month probationary period.
- You will be considered a key member of the SVAC Senior Management Team.
- As a part of the Senior Management Team and as a business key holder, you may be required to attend the Club outside scheduled hours in the event of an emergency as directed by the Club Manager.
- You will participate in the Management Strategic Planning sessions and assume responsibility for projects as directed by the Club Manager.
- This position participates in the “Management Team Fiscal Merit Bonus” program based on personal and fiscal performance.
- You are entitled to three weeks (15 x 8 hour work days) paid vacation (prorated by the calendar year to date of hire).
The ideal candidate will for this position possess the following:
- Minimum 4 year degree (preferably in Fitness/Recreation/Physical Education) or Business Management
- 5 + years recent professional experience at management level, with strong focus in private club/client management responsibilities.
- Certified CPR/First Aid Training Certificate
- Emergency Response Training
- Several years’ experience in front office management of private/public hospitality industry with exclusive membership is very desirable.
- Ability to lead in a positive and collaborative manner
- Clear understanding of strategic planning and fiscal budget responsibilities.
- Believe, promote and lead by example the clubs mission and vision in the focus for a healthy lifestyle.
All interested applicants meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their resumes, references, and credentials with a cover letter stating available start date and salary expectations. We thank all applicants for their interest in working for SVAC, however only those applicants selected will be contacted regarding their application for this position. No telephone calls please, email applications only.
Please note - this position does not qualify for LMO Status, therefore only canadian appliations will be considered and local residents prefered as there is no relocation alliowance.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club (SVAC) is a 22,000 sq ft premier Health Club with a strong family focus and warm, welcoming atmosphere. Our...