WAREHOUSE PARTS ASSISTANT
Under the direct supervision of the Parts Manager, a Warehouse Parts Assistant will assist co-workers in the receiving, and verification of all merchandise. The Warehouse Parts Assistant will also assist in the general cleanup of the department and utilize organizational and time management skills to ensure a timely flow of materials. This position requires the Warehouse Parts Assistant to be an active team player, as they are a support role between Service, Parts and Sales Departments.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock. Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Pulls orders for delivery, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and invoice number.
- Arranges transportation and prepares documentation for materials using air or ground – labels & bills of lading.
- Receives, tracks and organizes shipments and ensures they are complete and in good order.
- Operates non-powered material handling equipment i.e. dollies, pallet jacks.
- Assists all Parts and Service personnel (retail and shop) in locating required parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Receives, reviews and notes any discrepancies on stock orders and incoming shipments in logbook.
- Puts all stock and supplies in appropriate location or delivers to appropriate Manager(s).
- Notifies the Parts Counterperson when special ordered parts have been received. Looks up freight charges as required.
- Notifies Parts Manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Maintains appearance of Parts Department, both in the front counter/display area as well as the warehouse(s) (Dusting/wiping, sweep, etc). In co-operation with the Service Department, maintain the rear of the facility (organize pallets, cardboard, garbage).
- Operate forklift in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Keep work area neat, clean and safe.
- Will be required to drive Parts truck to pick up orders from around the city.
- Cycle counts.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum one year experience in a shipping receiving, supply chain or warehouse is necessary
- A clean class 5 (non GDL) driver’s license is a must
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment safely
- Must be able to present yourself in a positive, professional manner to colleagues and customers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
We want to thank everyone for applying, however only applicants that possess the required knowledge will be considered for the position.
Interested applicants should forward your résumé to:
Sterling Western Star Trucks
9115 52nd Ave SE
Calgary AB T2C2R4
Indeed - 4 months ago