Job Opening: Director of Marketing
STAT Search Analytics is growing, and we're looking for the right person to head up every aspect of how we connect with prospective clients in the SEO industry.
You'll be joining a small team of hard-working, fun-loving people who may feel the need to use the odd swear as they deliver top-notch work. Our Gastown office is a pet-friendly, open, and collaborative environment where a good work-life balance is just a part of how we do things.
Here's what you'll be doing
You'll be our go-to person when it comes to all things marketing.
That means you should be ready to take ownership of our entire marketing strategy--from competitive analysis, to PPC, to traditional advertising, to SEO, to social media and content strategy, to face-to-face relationship-building within our industry.
This is a crazy challenging role and we will keep you on your toes. But everyone here takes ownership of our product and our brand, so you'll have the support of our entire team.
What we need
We're dead serious about this one. We're looking for someone who has considerable experience in the SEO industry, whether that's in-house, at an agency, or as a consultant. The industry is our client-base, and we absolutely need you to be able to talk about SEO with knowledge and enthusiasm (without bullshitting).
- You're a skilled marketing generalist.
Whatever your specific experience, you should be reasonably deft with all aspects of inbound marketing, rather than being specialized in just one thing. There will be plenty of opportunity to hone skills on the job, but you should arrive with a rock-solid foundation.
Our brand and our personality set us apart in an industry that seems to be filled with faceless me-too companies. We need someone who knows brands, and understands the whys and the hows of carrying a brand experience across everything we do.
- You have experience with web apps, software, or mobile apps.
(That means marketing experience, not experience using them.)
- You're into inbound analytics.
We're not looking to hire an analyst, but it sure would be lovely if you are comfortable with--even excited about--things like split testing, keyword segmentation, funnel analysis, etc.
- You can write and you care about the details.
We have a pretty decent copywriter, but if you're comfortable dashing off the occasional blog post or newsletter, all the better. If you know your "its" from your "it's" and would never use "task" as a verb, we love you already.
- You're full of wild ideas, but you get stuff done.
We're looking for people who aren't afraid of doing things differently, taking risks, and even screwing up sometimes.
Four reasons why you'd want to work with us
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company, and you look forward to heading up your own hand-picked marketing team.
- You do your best in an environment where a healthy work--life balance is considered non-negotiable.
- You'd like to work somewhere where you can wear your old hoodie--or your crisp new suit--and nobody is going to mind.
- You're looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, lots of learning, and plenty of on-your-toes thinking. You maybe even want to help rewrite the book on what it means to be an enterprise software company.
Here's how to apply
First, explore our site to get a better idea of what we do. If you're a bit of a keener, try out the demo version of our platform at http://codex.getSTAT.com.
Still excited? Email us your application package!