A company in Mississauga that has been in business for 75+ years currently has an opening for a Senior Accounting Clerk. The position is well suited to someone with the skill set and experience listed below and who is seeking an opportunity to work in a fast paced, challenging accounting environment. Currently, the accounting department is a staff of 4.
If you are someone seeking a fast paced environment where you will continually grow in your responsibilities, however not necessarily in 'job title' then this is an opportunity you would want to explore.
- Audit costing of orders and costing reports which incorporate pricing changes and supplier invoices in order to determine profit levels and margins. This includes the intercompany transfers.
- Process Intercompany purchases and Canada Customs invoices
- Process General Ledger Entries and Reconciliations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Responsibilities include four Sales Center locations in two provinces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Audit costing of all products and services to all locations.
- Audit the item master.
- Contract Administration is the review of all construction contracts, issuing Workers Compensation certificate, Ministry of Labour certificates, Certificates of Insurance, Statutory Declarations and monitoring of Contract Data Sheets.
- Prepare and enter Journal Entries
- Maintain General Ledger Balance Sheet Reconciliations and Analysis
- Back up for Accounts Payable and cash applications.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Payroll input for the weekly payroll
- Implement special projects as required.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines in accordance with Company standards and Procedures.
- Postsecondary Accounting courses.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in an Accounting position.
- Language skills.
- Reasoning ability
Compensation: $42K to $47K. Good benefit plan.