1 opening in Tillsonburg, ON
It is our great pleasure to be involved in the recruitment process for one of our valued clients in the Tillsonburg area. We are presently recruiting for an experienced Horticulturist/Snow Removal individual who will oversee the maintenance/management of design, landscape and garden centre on a permanent full time basis.
- Responsible for all plant health and maintenance including; pruning, mulching, plant identification, disease and pest control (examination & treatment)
- May maintain operations of the Garden Centre, which includes maintain: staffing, scheduling, cleanliness, and plant health
- Maintains an open line of communication with the customer at all times and resolves customer concerns
- Responsible for ordering materials for jobs and new inventory
- Provides crews with proper designs needed for job site, jobs logs and paperwork
- Monitors employee performance and attendance
- Assists in recruiting and hiring new employees
- Assists in training new employees in horticulture including plant health and maintenance
- Assists in developing and following budget endeavoring to maintain profits
- Effectively handles multiple priorities, organizes workload, and meets strict deadlines
- Schedules and manages snow removal crews
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to have:
- 3 yrs supervisory experience (preferably leading a landscaping crew)
- College diploma in horticulture or landscape construction preferred or;
- 2-3 years landscape/horticulture experience or an equivalent combination of related education
- Experience with blueprints and landscape drawings is crucial for this role
- A Valid Drivers license
- Must be willing to work irregular hours including Saturdays.
- Must enjoy working out doors in all weather conditions.
- Must have a high level of diplomacy, excellent multitasking abilities, strong leadership and
The wage is $20-24/hr. This is a full time permanent position.
Please forward an updated resume with 3 work references to one of the options below:
In person: 55 Brock St Tillsonburg ON
Indeed - 14 months ago
SRG is an award-winning Workforce Training and Development Company, specializing in a comprehensive suite of human resource solutions...