Director, Mortgage Enforcement
Reporting to Vice President, Default Solutions
Our client is currently seeking a Director in Mortgage Enforcement who would like to join a company that has created a unique working atmosphere that offers challenge, purpose and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment.
Our client is Canada’s leader in title insurance, and is looking for a committed and talented individual who will persistently seek new ways to improve their services and respond to customer needs.
In this exciting role, responsibilities will include:
- Recommend appropriate resolutions on mortgage loans including negotiating settlements, short sales, repayment plans and redemptions.
- Coordinate revised loan terms/structure with loan underwriters.
- Develop processes and management methods to aggressively monitor loans in bankruptcy, foreclosures & real estate owned to ensure timely progression and minimize losses to bank.
- Understand and ensure compliance with governmental, investor and mortgage insurer guidelines.
- Supervision and Management of external vendors (property managers, law firms, real estate agents, collection agencies).
- Champion solution enhancements, working with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Supervision and development of Mortgage Enforcement department staff.
- Interact with other departments and clients to enhance the understanding of borrower’s specific issues.
In order to qualify for this position you must have:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Proven client management experience.
- Analytical skills with financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, BPO’s and Appraisals/Evaluations.
- Understanding of mortgage documentation, sales negotiation/contracts, and property valuation.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to work in a high paced, fast growing environment.
- Ability to work independently and make key decisions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mortgage enforcement/underwriting or collections preferably at a bank or other financial institution.
Our client is currently looking to offer a salary of $130k, a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.