SPL Consultants Limited (SPL) is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm specializing in geotechnical, environmental, materials inspection and testing, hydrogeology, concrete technology, building science, natural sciences, instrumentation and monitoring, with head office in Vaughan and branch offices in Ottawa and Cambridge. With a team of over 160 highly qualified and experienced engineers, hydrogeologists, environmental scientists, technologists, and support staff, we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the commitment of our staff.
SPL is currently seeking Two (2) Senior Environmental Engineers to join our team in the Ottawa and Vaughan offices. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to further develop their career in environmental engineering.
- University graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably with Masters or Ph.D. degree) in civil, geotechnical or geological engineering
- Professional designation, licensed with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) or equivalent
- 10+ years related experience in environmental engineering and field investigations (preferably in a consulting environment)
- Recognized Qualified Person (QP) by the Ministry of the Environment (MOE) is an asset
- Strong workplace safety practices
- The ideal candidate must be mobile and willing to work on a combination of field and office work, as travel will be required
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency with common industry software is required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, strong report writing skills and verbal communication in English are essential
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues
- Knowledge of the Ottawa and Greater Toronto Area markets is considered an asset
- Work under the direction and supervision of other Senior Specialists, while also managing and supervising junior staff to meet project deliverables
- Provide environmental engineering and project management on a wide variety of projects
- Plan and conduct environmental investigations and analyses
- Report and proposal writing
- Site inspection and supervision
- Supervision and oversight of field work and junior field staff
- Business development and client relations
SPL offers competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.splconsultants.ca
SPL Consultants Limited (SPL) is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm specializing in geotechnical, environmental, materials...