Volunteer Coordinator
SPCA - St. John's, NL

This job posting is no longer available on Indeed. Find similar jobs: Volunteer Coordinator jobs - SPCA jobs

VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
SOCIETY FOR THE PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
The SPCA St. John’s is one of nine branches within the SPCA Newfoundland and Labrador. Nearly 90% of our funding comes from donations and the other 10% from government grants through the Provincial Government and City of St. John’s.
The SPCA St. John’s is growing – and we are expanding our team of people to provide the best care possible for the lost, abandoned, abused and neglected animals entrusted to our care. We are now hiring a Volunteer Coordinator to assist us in ensuring the recruitment, training and volunteer program design needed to fulfill that role.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
The Volunteer Coordinator will report to the Board of Directors but work closely with the Fundraising Coordinator and Shelter Manager. The position is full time, based at the Shelter, requiring flexibility in hours and attendance at various events. This person will be expected to:
1. Work closely with the Volunteer Committee, a subcommittee of the Board of Directors, in creating and completing their annual work plan;
2. Design and implement volunteer recruitment, screening, training and documentation processes to ensure success in our many areas of volunteering;
3. Design and implement volunteer recognition programs and initiatives;
4. Develop necessary budgets and track costs associated with the implemented initiatives;
5. Work closely with the “owners” of our existing volunteer programs to ensure quality and growth of their programs, including Thrift Store and PetSmart initiatives.
6. With the support of staff and volunteers, design and implement new volunteer and outreach programs, which may include school programs, seniors outreach and others.
Our ideal candidate is results and detail oriented, is positive and passionate and is a successful multi-tasker. They possess strong research, verbal and oral communication skills, computer proficiency, facilitation and problem solving skills, the ability to work independently and with a variety of personalities in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to get the job done, not punch a clock. Experience in animal welfare is certainly an asset.
Skills for the above position would generally be gained from prior work in the voluntary sector, and/or training in public relations, project management or other combination of experience and education.
Salary is commensurate with experience and training and expected to be in the range of $33,000-$38,000.
Please submit cover letter, resume and three work related references.
DEADLINE DATE: July 12, 2013


Indeed - 17 months ago - save job - copy to clipboard