About Sodexo “Make Every Day A Better Day”
Sodexo Canada has the position you are looking for. Our Corporate Division is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Chef Manager.
If you aspire to a job where your initiative and creativity will be highlighted every day, where your management skills will be recognized and if that's what motivates you, we have the position you are searching for.
Sodexo is the world’s leading provider of food and facilities management services with 12.5 billion dollars (Euro) in sales globally. Everyday, more than 380,000 Sodexo employees in 80 countries work to improve the quality of daily life for clients and customers in the communities we serve.
As a Chef Manager at one of our Corporate accounts, you will be responsible for food production, food service, retail and catering, as well as directing and coordinating employee activities. You will also be the face to the food services department, meeting with the guests, clients, planning events, creating menus etc. You will follow all the different Sodexo Programs: Food Safety, Health and Safety, policies and procedures, as well as marketing.
Growth and Development:
- Interprovincial Red Seal certification required
5 + years’ experience in a well-established high end food service facility and in catering
- Proven experience managing high volume Food & Beverage Departments
- Very high energy
- Able to work to high standards as well as policies and procedures
- Must possess strong team building skills
- Must be very well organized and effective with planning, and time management skills
- Must be very friendly, outgoing, customer service oriented
- Must be willing to work long hours on occasion
- Must have experience in opening food service outlets
- Must have experience and proven track record for training culinary brigade,
- Must have experience in developing menus
- Excellent culinary Skills
- Must be a good food cost controller
- Proven track record with menu planning & costing
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information related to food, menu and labour costing
- Superior catering skills with a creative spirit
Ability to develop new and innovative menus
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Must be flexible, the operation is open 7 days a week (weekends and evenings)
Customer Service oriented
Dynamic and creative
Ability to train and motivate employees
Capacity of working in a multicultural environment
*A wide array of interesting jobs *Nationwide locations *Tremendous growth possibilities *Continuous learning opportunities *Incentive Plans *Rewards & Recognition *Employee Benefits *Flexible Time *Discounts *Committed to People Development *Promoting Individual and Collective Achievements *Diversity and Inclusion *Corporate Citizenship *Hunger Fighting Initiatives *Environmentally Conscious………… To find out more, come visit us at: www.sodexo.ca
We are committed to equity in employment. We use the masculine in order to lighten the text.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Keywords: Employees, Kitchen, Cooking, Menu, Budget, P&L, Financial report