SNP is a progressive and flexible company focused on our client's needs and expectations. We offer proactive solutions that have positive returns on investment. We value creativity and technological leadership and encourage a multi-disciplined approach to timely problem solving and delivery within budgets.
At this time we are looking to expand our team and require a Professional Engineer, specializing in Mechanical engineering with a minimum of 8 years’ experience to support current and future projects for our clients.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years working in a manufacturing/industrial environment. Preferably in automation.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario is required
- Project Management experience is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant safety and environmental legislation and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, the ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Software, and AutoCAD required
- Highly motivated, with superb interpersonal and leadership skills
- Technical expertise with specific energy conservation measures such as geothermal , snow melt system, boilers, HVAC, Co-Generation units, BAS and measurement and verification of energy saving resulting from implementation of such retrofits
- Experience working with large industrial-style buildings, transportation fleets and/or in the public transit sector is considered an asset
- Experience with project assessment; specifically cost benefit analysis, cost avoidance, and saving calculations associated with implementation of energy conservation measures, statistical analysis and savings projections
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible but not limited to the following:
- Analyzing data acquired from energy management systems, utility data from monthly bill and real time meter data for the purposes of base lining, benchmarking, tracking trends and key performance indicators
- Identifying energy savings opportunities
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations that can improve equipment maintenance and reliability.
- Develop the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Responsible for the planning, design, construction, implementation, operation and improvement of energy and related systems
Salary is based on experience. Should this opportunity interest you, please submit your resume, including salary expectations. MUST HAVE AUTOMOTIVE EXPERIENCE.