SNF Holding Company Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed Company with Poor Communication
Employee (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA17 January 2018
Many decisions are made without considering the effects upon others. Management is short-sighted and makes some very arbitrary decisions. Not many seek input from others before deciding upon making changes and thus, valuable insight is not gained when trying to perform work. Most people hoard information to protect themselves and their position.
Pros
Good benefits, somewhat relaxed work environment
Cons
Poor management, poor communication
Productive and competitive
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA5 December 2017
Great place to work!!! You’ll never become stagnant unless you don’t move. Easy advancement. If you take test and do the work you will move up in the company and as always punctuality is a MUST!!
pay
EM Lab Tech, Polytech Assistant, EM Lab Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA3 November 2017
There are not many options of advancing in pay if you are not be able to work in the heat or people care for you and look out for you. Otherwise the place is a decent work place does some stuff that other companies don't do or will never do. It's like everywhere advantages and disadvantages in certain areas.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement options
Decent company to work for
Polymerizer Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA16 October 2017
SNF is a decent company with different benefits that a lot of other companies do not offer. The rest of my opinion I keep to myself cause it really doesn't matter what I think. It's everybody's individual opinion to make about a place of employment.
Pros
Secure job and great benefits
Cons
Not everybody can advance the same
Production Based
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA10 October 2017
Working in general is heavily based on whether or not we have orders to fill or not. If there aren't many orders, work can be manageable. If we have more orders than we can handle, we are expected to meet all demands while still solving everyday issues. Good thing is, there is plenty of overtime and money to make during that time period. Bad; it takes a toll on your work/life balance.
Constant Turnover and The Blame Game
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA9 October 2017
There was constant turnover and little job safety. Work felt like dodging bullets. You always had to save everything: CYA. I have literal nightmares about my time there.

It felt like they didn't really care about you as an individual, only the results they could get.

They would have stack discharges about once every two weeks and it would cover all the cars. Nasty stuff. You didn't want to get it wet because it would turn into goo. I wonder what that stuff did to me breathing it in...

But, hey, I did get to wear jeans everyday.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Little care for you as a person, chemical discharges
Good company
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MI24 August 2017
I loved my coworkers, my boss was great and laid back. Relaxed environment generally on a day to day basis. Thankful for the time I was able to spend there.
Long hours but great pay
Polymerizer (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA4 August 2017
You work four 12 hour days with two off with rotating shifts, any hours worked over 8 are overtime and they give you 45 minutes paid shower time for a total of 4:45 of overtime a day. Overall a decent place to work.
Pros
Paid shower
safety
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA22 June 2017
They don't care about your safety you are only a number to them and management is horrible they love to take short cuts if something breaks on a machine they expect for you to try and fix it instead of calling for maintenace and if the machine breaks again its your fault
Pros
you learn new things
Cons
management is horrible
Good Place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA23 May 2017
Liked the people very much, the job was challanging while allowing a work life balance. However the lack of safety culture concerned me and was why I ultimately left.

Want to know more about SNF Holding Company?

Ask a question
Not a Safe place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA23 May 2017
SNF Is Not a safe place to work. There only goal is production and hardly zero focus on safety. They are a small union mill but have a hold on the employees and do not seem to care about anything other then the bottom line.
Hard work
Chemical Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA20 May 2017
Not a family oriented business at the lower level. Swing shift makes it hard for family time. They do not pay for the hazards you deal with daily. Fast turnover rate.
Auschwitz on steriods
Prisoner (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA31 March 2017
My god. I didn't know places like this still existed. Run, fast. It's that bad...

I can't even begin to describe this place. It's like a bad Hotel Saigon movie.
Pros
Security guards with Machine gun turrets and spotlights.
Cons
You can leave for lunch
Benefits are great
Domestic Accounts Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA6 March 2017
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians. Management is very top-heavy. Also, I feel minorities are allowed more leeway than their white counterparts in regards to behavior.
Pros
Excellent insurance
Cons
favoritism rules, not work ethic
This place shows FAVORITISM, if you're in the CLICK
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA22 February 2017
No matter how hard you work, in the Shipping Department, with cameras rolling, when you're in the click , your word is more believable then the cameras. Alot of back stabbing and lying in this department. Needs better management and employees who dont complain. Grown children work there, not adults.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Personal who are whinners, and lie
workful
Chemical Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Riceboro, GA27 January 2017
The work days at long and exhausting. Management tend to overthink the abilities of the workers. The benefits are good but could be way better since you are dealing with a lot of chemicals.
Poor culture with extreme favoritism.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA19 January 2017
Think twice before working for SNF Holding Company. They do not value the employees; only the monetary profit. Run from this place!
Very productive
Plant Operator/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA21 December 2016
It's easy to move up in this cooperation. Really enjoyed my work experience and constant productivity. What I didn't like is the way some employees were layed off even with the years they put into the job.
Cons
Worker cuts
great place to work
Chemical Blender (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA6 July 2016
ensure quality produced by the machinery, used the proper equipment to assist in the manufacturing process, used heavy machinery such as forklifts, was able to keep line running without delay in production
PRODUCTION PLANNING INVENTORY CONTROL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Riceboro, GA26 June 2016
This was my first job in a warehouse environment and I can say I've learned a lot at this company. I think this company is what made me start enjoying warehousing with the people I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNF Holding Company. Our community is ready to answer.