SNF Holding Company, the USA subsidiary of France based SPCM SA, was founded in 1986 and is a privately held Specialty Chemical Company. As the world’s largest water-soluble polymer manufacturer, we produce products which are used to treat water – one of our most precious resources. Headquartered near Savannah, Georgia, we serve municipal water treatment facilities and the manufacturing, mining, oil, natural gas, personal care and agricultural industries. SNF also manufactures a full line of polymer feed equipment and offers unparalleled technical service and support.
Our Vision is to be the world’s preeminent producer of water soluble polymers. SNF’s Mission is to assure our clients the most reliable source and the broadest range of polymers and services with the quality and price they need to meet their performance goals. Our Core Values are Trust, Respect, Accountability, and Creativity.
- 4000 Employees Worldwide; 1400 in North America
- 18 Manufacturing Sites Worldwide; 10 Locations in the United States
- Presence in 130 Countries
- 1100 Products used for Everyday Life
- 30,000 Customers
- 300,000 End Users
- Commitment to research and the creation of new products
SNF complies with the American Chemistry Council Responsible Care Management System Certification program (RCMS). SNF is also ISO9001 certified. Our employees are committed to our quality system and safety programs. We have an active community involvement program where we support and participate with local organizations, schools, and emergency services.
SNF Incorporated, a subsidiary of SNF Holding Company is currently seeking a Field Service Technicians for our Ft McMurray, Alberta, and Medicine Hat, Alberta locations.
The Ft. McMurray postion will travel 20% as a part of this position’s requirements.
The Medicine Hat position will travel 60% as a part of this position’s requirements.
- Project responsibilities will include: equipment maintenance, equipment installation or modification, procurement assistance, Fabrication oversight, and start-up assistance.
- Position will include troubleshooting of existing electrical control systems, and PLC’s. Programming of PLC’s will be required. Additional training will be provided.
- Candidate will be working with PLC and hard-wired logic.
- Direct Interface with customers to evaluate specifications and requirements and propose appropriate solutions using equipment packages.
- Interface with company marketing, manufacturing functions, and outside vendors.
- Troubleshoot product performance or operations problems as necessary.
- Extensive travel required visiting customers, suppliers, and professional trade meetings and exhibitions.
- Create a preventative maintenance schedule for critical equipment
- Report deficiencies and downtime of production equipment.
- Ensure proper materials specification on equipment.
- Communicate equipment specifications to vendors.
- Ensure that spares for existing customers are maintained.
1. High School Diploma with an Electrical and/or Mechanical trade Certification.
2. 5-10 years of experience in Field Service commissioning and maintenance in the petroleum or chemical industry.
3. Position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Familiarity or direct knowledge of Oil, Gas or mining operations is a plus.
5. Knowledge of electrical / mechanical systems including pneumatics and automated control systems would be ideal.
6. Welding ability is a plus. Certification not required.
7. Allen Bradley PLC programming is a plus
8. Knowledge of industry codes, product safety standards, etc.
9. Technically competent. Able to establish credibility through application of knowledge and/or experience.
10. Team player highly developed human relation skills. Comfortable with customers and suppliers at all organizational levels.
11. Organized; capable of supporting multiple concurrent projects.
SNF Holding Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and relies on the diversity of our workforce to drive innovation and growth. We offer competitive salaries and benefits as well as unlimited opportunities for professional growth.