Director, Business Development - open anywhere in North America
Who you are:
You know you can sell - but how much more fun would it be to offer your clients the latest and smartest solutions, be an integral part of this sharp-shooting clan, and finally have the opportunity to bring your skills, experience and network to play at one of the best digital agencies in the world?
Reporting to the VP, Client Services, you are a professionally polished and high energy Hunter, skilled at both uncovering new customers in order to bring to closure client opportunities, as well as maintaining existing client relationships to optimize their future business needs. Your focus is maximizing revenue, leveraging key partners within the territory as required, successfully driving sales and meeting or exceeding yearly quota. You are responsible for setting vision with C-Level Executives and providing them with a solutions offering based on an understanding of your business requirements. Some travel required (up to 40%).
What You Will Be Doing:
Highly skilled in managing complex sales cycles, you are responsible for and committed to effectively organizing your workload to exceed sales metrics and accurately forecast revenue opportunities in a timely manner.
You will develop strategically viable sales opportunities with target clients and handle price negotiations with an eye on value-based selling. You will position the key differentiators of SMITH that accurately show clients what they will gain from their commitment to us. Focused on building consultative relationships at all levels, you are motivated by solving your client’s business problems driving the adoption of SMITH’s solutions throughout their organization.
We’re looking for the rare professionals who can thrive on driving engagements at the CXO/VP level, converse technically, want to drive great work, run at a wicked pace, and think strategically to continue SMITH’s rapid growth.
What We Look For:
- Minimum 5+ years of digital solution sales experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Demonstrated ability to pull together various components to provide a solution that meets client needs.
- Proven track record as an experienced Hunter who has met or exceeded quota.
- Ideal blend of self-driven and motivated, but able to work alongside creative teams and technical engineers within a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Motivation, drive and passion for selling "experience" solutions
- Exceptional presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- College degree (BA/BS) required
What Grabs our Attention?
- Solutions sales expertise in the Digital Agency/E-Commerce Market space.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Partner ecosystem an asset.
- Experience and network within Travel and Hospitality and Education pillars
- Excellent writing, proposal & presentation skills
- Cooperative attitude and able to team with Technical Specialists
- BA in a relevant field
At SMITH we're focused on building genuine relationships and delivering innovative experiences through solid technology, innovative design and uncompromised strategy and problem-solving. We're proud of our friendly, team-centered environment that cheers on success, inspires people to do their best and brightest work, and compensates them well for their hard work.
SMITH is one of North America’s leading digital experience agencies and global commerce service providers. Creators of transactional brand moments for humans living in an all-channel world, SMITH is proud to serve some of the most important and highly recognized brands on the globe, including Microsoft, Cisco, Motorola, Nestle, Sam’s Club, Xerox, and MasterCard. The synthesis of more than three decades of combined experience, SMITH is a digital experience agency grounded in strategy and intelligence, experience design, and technology solutions. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has offices in Atlanta, Portland, Spokane, and Ottawa. Learn more at www.smith.co.
SMITH is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.