With SLR’s continued growth, we have an opportunity for a highly motivated senior professional with excellent business development, management, technical, client service and people skills to lead our operations in Atlantic Canada. A background in environmental consulting with skills in either biological services, engineering services, waste management or contaminated site assessment and remediation is essential. The right candidate will demonstrate an aptitude and interest in providing leadership, coaching and mentoring junior and intermediate staff. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical, client service and people skills to join our team.
- Operations Management – Financial performance, staff allocation, recruitment and retention, training, coaching, health and safety leadership
- Business Development – Collaborate with SLR’s business sector leaders and assist in promotion and expansion of market share in Atlantic Canada and preparation of proposals
- Technical Delivery – Preparation and review of technical correspondence, reports, work plans, proposals and project specifications
- Communication – Collaboration with colleagues across the firm including senior managers, technical discipline and business sector leaders, and operations managers in a one-team approach
Technical Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- > 10 years experience in environmental consulting with skills in either biological services, engineering services, waste management or contaminated site assessment and remediation. Federal programs experience is an asset.
- Staff management, time management, project planning and written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to quality, detail and accuracy
Education / Qualifications / Memberships:
- Engineering, geoscientist or environmental science degree, technological diploma (R.P.Bio, P.Eng., P.Geo, P.Ag.)
- Valid driver’s license
- Professional status or eligibility for professional status in NS, credentials in NB or NLD is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- Cooperative spirit with colleagues and management
- Firm but fair, flexible
Who we are:
SLR is an independent and employee controlled international environmental consultancy that has an unrivalled reputation for...