SLR has an opportunity for a junior level environmental
engineer/scientist/technician in our Calgary office. The role will predominantly
consist of implementation of data collection programs (field work) including soil,
groundwater, surface water and soil vapour sampling to be used for site
assessment and remediation.
The SLR team in Calgary is comprised of a close knit group of consultants with
diverse backgrounds in education and work experience. Project work primarily
includes site assessment and remediation of upstream, mid-stream and
downstream oil and gas properties, pipelines, and other commercial/industrial
- 0-3 Years experience in the areas of contaminated site assessment including Phase I and II ESA experience preferred; remediation experience is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements unique to subsurface investigations and contaminated sites.
- Willingness and ability to travel and conduct fieldwork.
- Degree or technical diploma in environmental science, engineering, hydrogeology or geology.
- Professional status or eligibility for professional status with a professional organization.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Well organized and capable of undertaking several tasks at one time.
- Valid driver’s license.
Who we are:
SLR is an independent and employee controlled international environmental consultancy that has an unrivalled reputation for...