SKF is the leading global supplier of products, customer solutions and services in the business of rolling bearings and seals. Our competencies include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. SKF also holds an increasingly important position in the market for linear motion products, as well as high precision bearings, spindles and spindle services for the machine tool industry.
The Reliability Systems and Services team at SKF Canada is looking for a Senior Maintenance Specialist for the Eastern Region (ON, QC, Atlantic). The candidate selected for this position will be responsible to deliver technical support to the customer during the delivery phase of a project.
- Provides technical solutions for various applications
- Responsible for assisting the Reliability engineer with process and equipment knowledge
- Provide assistance during reliability engineering projects such as SRCM, RCA, Asset Management, Maintenance Practice Review, Client Needs Analysis
- Performs equipment condition evaluations, failure/defect analysis and develops maintenance strategies for our customers
- Conduct RCFA and prepare technical reports
- May be required to act as Project manager during the delivery phase of engineering projects
- Resolves customer complaints by defining engineering issues and determining solutions
- Provides engineering support on joint sales visits with TSRs to promote and present products
- Conducts product and service related training in house and externally for customers
- Assists onsite service engineering work that could involve bearing mounting/dismounting, product inspections and troubleshooting
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in Mechanical engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated achievement in past similar roles
- Preference given to those with leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the industry (Mining, P&P, Metals, O&G), products and markets
- Good understanding of industrial distribution
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Self-motivated and execution focused with an ability to meet deadlines
- Enjoy working in a team environment with focus on target achievement
- Working knowledge of MS-Project, Microsoft office suite, Autocad
- Working knowledge of CMMS softwares (i.e. SAP, Maximo) and Process data analysis software (i.e. PI Process Book)
- Experience in Six Sigma and project management experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel on a regular basis, some projects could be on a fly-in/fly-out schedule.
Indeed - 7 months ago
You probably know SKF as the world leading supplier of products, solutions and services in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are...