Skechers USA, Inc., a global leader in Lifestyle and Performance Footwear has exciting opportunities for a Full Time Stock Manager at our Toronto Eaton Center location. We are looking for dynamic, energetic, sales driven and career minded individuals that have a passion for our Performance Footwear. In order to qualify for an Stock Manager Position you must have 1-2 years of continuous stock management experience, footwear experience is preferred. At Skechers we are fashion forward and business casual environment and require a clean polished and updated image. We do not allow exposed tattoos or facial piercings. We look forward to hearing from you.
Effectively manage the day to day operations and personnel of the retail stock room. Responsible for ensuring daily operations of the stock room are achieved to standard and within budgeted goals and expectations. Responsible for maintaining stock room to company standard and handling all inventory related processes. This position is a management position. This position is to assist the manager on personnel issues, recruiting, training, and coaching and to document and notify management. At times, responsible for opening and closing of the store as directed by the Store Manager. It is a condition of employment that you are flexible with regard to hours and days worked and we may need to increase your hours or to decrease your hours based on the needs of our business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise the daily activities by stock associates and ensures completion of general stock room operations.
2. Ensures stock room is maintained to company standard including organization and sizing of product,
cleanliness and safety standards.
3. Lead by example and work along-side staff performing work and teaching best practices (i.e. shifting product for incoming shipments, researching mismates).
4. Assures completion of shipments from the distribution center and transfers within 24 hours. Responsible for ensuring all new products are displayed on the sales floor upon receipt.
5. Fills and straightens stock, returns excess to assigned locations and provides direction to subordinates to establish priority of tasks.
6. Partner with store manager in filling open-to-hire positions by recruiting and hiring new employees based on stock room needs and standards.
7. Research missing cartons in a timely manner and communicate to inventory control.
8. Communicates to Store Manager about sell-through of product, both low and high. Runs weekly IVR to identify slow sellers and communicates transfer recommendations to Store Manager.
9. Ensures that product is handled properly to minimize damage and preserve quality of product and packaging.
10. Research and address product issues such as damages, mis-mates, and singles according to company policy.
11. Supervise employees by enforcing policies/procedures by documenting disciplinary actions,
performance evaluations, and reporting incidents to human resources and store manager regarding
any violations of company policies/procedures and may assist in preparing related documentation.
12. Conducts regular safety checks and assures safe work practices and work environment by following
all safety related policies.
13. Ensures that all necessary equipment is on hand and operational to handle daily workloads. Responsible for checking equipment regularly and removing any unsafe equipment from the work area and obtaining replacement.
14. Trains stock associates to assist with pulling and running shoes, as well as putting back drags, at peak business times.
15. Manage bulk counts per company standard and directives.
16. Will perform any other duties as requested.
Create an exciting, motivated, well-trained staff.
May be assigned to other locations based on business needs.
Effective communication and writing skills required.
Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Assist in performing bi-weekly/monthly in-store inventories.
Personable manner which inspires their staff to do the same.
Present a professional image in appearance, words and action. She/he will demonstrate professionalism and guidelines personable manner which inspires their staff to do the same.
Manage all supervisory functions pertaining to stock room operating procedures and operations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Must have a background report (i.e., Criminal, DMV, Social Security) conducted and approved by the Loss Prevention Department.
Limited Direct Supervision, this position is part of management, and this position must be hands on and delegate work flow and report to management on issues.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those in which the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Proficiency in computers, and must have experience managing large amounts of inventory. Hands on working knowledge of retail systems, human resources best practices and operations. 2 years minimum retail management experience-footwear background preferred. Must have high school education or greater. Maintain all safety guidelines. Build positive team relations, demonstrate ethical behavior. Train staff on professional image in appearance and conduct. Coach, teach and train staff on warehouse store operation and visual standards.