SKC Engineering Ltd. provides welding and manufacturing consultation services, with offices in Coquitlam and Surrey, British Columbia. We have been serving the welding community since 1997 and currently represent over 200 companies for retained engineering services in CSA steel and aluminum welding programs.
In addition to welding and manufacturing consulting services, we also provide design, quality assurance, inspections, and certifications related to welding and manufacturing of structures, equipment, and lifting devices, including the use of CSA, ASME and AWS codes, Lloyds Register, and other related standards.
We have a diverse client base ranging from small welding and fabricating facilities to some of the world's biggest construction and mining organizations. We service the marine, mining, steel fabrication, welding and construction industries.
SKC Engineering is expanding and is constantly looking for new talents and new business opportunities to fuel our growth. We currently have an opening for a metallurgical laboratory technician to operate laboratory inspection and testing equipment. The ideal candidate will have experience with preparing samples for testing as well as practical experience with tensile testing, Charpy impact testing, hardness testing, macro examinations and micro examinations. The ability to accurately document test results is essential.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Either a mechanical technologist diploma or Engineering degree in a relevant subject
- Practical experience with metallurgical testing
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines,
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and work with others
- Good written English
- CSA or AWS certified visual welding inspector
- Experience with non-destructive testing methods