SKC Engineering Ltd. provides welding and manufacturing consultation services, with offices in Coquitlam and Surrey, British Columbia. We have been serving the welding community since 1997 and currently represent over 200 companies for retained engineering services in CSA steel and aluminum welding programs.
In addition to welding and manufacturing consulting services, we also provide design, quality assurance, inspections, and certifications related to welding and manufacturing of structures, equipment, and lifting devices, including the use of CSA, ASME and AWS codes, Lloyds Register, and other related standards.
We have a diverse client base ranging from small welding and fabricating facilities to some of the world's biggest construction and mining organizations. We service the marine, mining, steel fabrication, welding and construction industries.
SKC Engineering is expanding and is constantly looking for new talents and new business opportunities to fuel our growth. We are currently looking for entry level NDE inspectors to join our team. Idea candidates will be CGSB certified for magnetic particle inspection and have training for liquid penetrant and ultrasonic testing (equivalent US or international certifications may be considered). You will have a flexible schedule and be willing to work out of town jobs, as the need arises.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Practical experience with non-destructive testing
- CGSB certification in MT,
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines,
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and work with others
- Good written English
- CSA or AWS certified visual welding inspector
- CGSB certification in PT, UT
- Experience with the inspection and testing of lifting devices or other equipment.