SHIP (Supportive Housing In Peel) is a Health Service Provider for specialized populations with numerous programs and partnerships. We are seeking dedicated, energetic and enthusiastic individual to fill relief positions in the residential programs (Recovery Residence, Short Stay Crisis Support, Peel Youth Village and High Support) in our Brampton and Mississauga locations.
(10 Bargaining Unit positions)
These programs serve residential needs of youth in a transitional housing environment, individuals with serious mental illness in addition to those experiencing a mental health crisis and have already come in conflict with the criminal justice system or the potential to.
- Provide support to persons with serious mental illness in a short stay crisis support environment as well as crisis mediation, advocacy, and/or coordination of services
- Maintain a conducive environment to enhance a 24/7 client centered care and support program
- Carry out the client preliminary assessment, intake and admission processes
- Develop individual client centered services plan, addressing the immediate basic short term residential needs, clinical and psychosocial supports
- Develop and implement best recovery based strategies in partnership with clients
- Liaise with community support and partners (i.e. mental health and addiction service providers, landlords and family members) for client’s recovery and reintegration into the society: accessing financial aid, work with families, crisis intervention/prevention, advocacy, referrals to other services etc.
- Working in partnership with various community agencies to coordinate support services for youth
- Providing specialized case management and community outreach
- Ensuring a clean, safe and secure environment
- Acting as a role model and facilitate the client’s physical, emotional and intellectual growth and development
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of the client’s plan of residency
- Providing individual and group counselling/support to clients
- Degree or diploma in health services, social services or human services equivalent
- A minimum of three years experience in mental health crisis management. We also encourage recent graduates to apply.
- Experience in working with youth and/or the homeless population
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and invisible dimensions of diversity
- Experience with the mentally ill and collaboration with partners and other community agencies/resources is essential.
- Knowledge and commitment to the values of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery.
- Knowledge of mental health and addictions/justice support services.
- Individual and group counselling skills.
- Excellent assessment, risk management and consultation skills.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of psychiatric symptomology and psychiatric medication as well as Suicide assessment and intervention
- A valid Ontario's Class “G” Drivers License and a vehicle with adequate insurance coverage are also required
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
These are relief positions. Individual will be providing shift coverage for our Full Time CSWs which may include overnights, weekends and holidays. Deadline for applications is Wednesday April 2, 2014. SHIP is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. When applying, please quote job # SHIP272-D. www.shipshey.ca
Salary: $22.38 per hour
Supportive Housing In Peel
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
SHIP (Supportive Housing In Peel) is a Health Service Provider for specialized populations with numerous programs and partnerships.