Sharper Cards is a successful Calgary-based direct marketing and online company, and for over 26 years we’ve provided unique personalized communication and promotional products to small businesses throughout North America.
At Sharper Cards it’s about our people – the Sharper Stars™. We grow and prosper because of the commitment, dedication and loyalty of our employees. Our team members are skilled, innovative, passionate and energetic who work hard, achieve results but also know how to have fun!
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team!
Responsible for the overall look and shopping experience on www.sharpercards.com and social media platforms, along with creating the electronic advertising used to drive traffic to the site and generate web sales-supporting Marketing’s business goals.
- Based upon the Marketing strategy plan, design, develop, test and maintain our company website, www.sharpercards.com, taking into account the customer experience, brand marketing and search engine optimization.
- Execute online design and development for optimum website performance and functionality, including content formatting, CSS creation, HTML files converted from Photoshop documents, quality assurance and overall site security.
- Test the site for functionality in different browsers and at different resolutions and decide how images and other material will be digitally optimized and presented for the web.
- Support web traffic/sales by creating email campaigns, landing pages, promotional ads, etc. on the site - aligning the look and feel of the online experience with that of the general advertising campaign and print materials, to present a seamless experience across all selling channels.
- Development and implement social media platforms including FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and any other sources requested by Marketing.
- Continually monitor and assess website analytics, customer feedback and the competition for learning and refinement of the shopping experience at www.sharpercards.com.
- Post secondary education in graphic design, specializing in web design.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a web designer, with graphics, layout, scripting, programming, and development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies.
Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Fluency in web production software with strong technical knowledge in HTML/CSS, XML, and Java Script.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver and Flash).
- Demonstrated experience with search engine optimization.
- Cognizant of various marketing, graphic and website trends.
Skills and Attributes
- Refined planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and typography.
- High degree of initiative and versatility, with the ability to create strong
For more information please visit www.sharpercards.com