Sharper Cards™ is a successful Calgary-based direct marketing company. For over 28 years we have provided unique personalized communication and promotional products to healthcare professionals and small businesses.
- An energetic and casual work environment
- Pride in our offering of fun and unique products
- Comprehensive dental and extended health benefits
- 16 paid vacation days to start – increasing to 21 after 1 year of employment
- Free Parking
Detailed Task Description
- Analyze and proactively make recommendations to the senior management team about current and future policies, strategies and procedures within human resources for the three business entities.
- Document and communicate human resource policies and procedures to managers and employees, ensuring compliance with Alberta Employment Standards and Canada Labour Code.
- Monitor actual employee counts/compensation against budget and routinely report on variances to the team.
- Working with departmental managers, recruit and hire all new employees. This includes preparing a recruitment plan, advertising, interviewing, participating in the selection process and negotiating offers.
- From a human resources standpoint, conduct orientation sessions with each new employee, ensuring they are familiar with all HR policies, benefit plan and company culture.
- Ensure due process by supporting departmental managers with employee development and progressive discipline.
- Working with departmental managers, support the termination/resignation of employees. Conduct and document all exit interviews and provide trending reports to managers.
- Review all employee performance appraisals prepared by departmental managers and provide recommendations in support of employee development and training.
- Completes WCB annual report.
- Act as Benefits Administrator for Extended Benefits Plan.
- Keep all HR records current and complete.
- Key contact for landlord and security company.
- Maintains all kitchen and cleaning supplies.
- Administers semi-annual employee satisfaction survey, analyzes and reports results.
- Manages employee tenure program.
- Leads the social committee which plans all company social functions.
- Manages birthday, anniversary and other employee recognition programs.
Skill Set and Competency Requirements
- Education in Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years related experience working in an human resources environment
- Minimum 2 years of recruiting experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word and Excel
- High degree of accuracy and a strong administrative abilities
- Professional telephone etiquette and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral
At Sharper Cards™ it’s about our people – the Sharper Stars™. We grow and prosper because of the commitment, dedication and loyalty of our employees. Our team members are skilled, innovative, passionate and energetic. We work hard, achieve results but also know how to have fun!
*no agencies please
Indeed - 30+ days ago