This is an electrical installation engineering position in design of industrial plants electrical systems including power distribution and control systems, drives, cabling, grounding, illumination and plant services.
Preparations of drawings and installation specifications as follows:
Develop project design documents for installation and interconnections of industrial plants systems including:
o Drawing lists
o Motor/sensors list and load calculations
o Single line diagrams
o Cable line diagrams
o Equipment location drawings
o Cable tray systems
o Overhead conduits and underground duct banks
o System and equipment grounding
o Cable lists
o Conduit lists
o Equipment lists
o Cable termination lists
Design and prepare control system elementary diagrams
Design general arrangement of the control panels and consoles and prepare bill of material
Review design drawings of various system vendors and create installation drawings, including equipment installation and interconnection documents
Design electrical rooms, control rooms and pulpit layouts
Perform voltage drop calculations, selection and sizing of breakers/fuses, conductors/cables, switchgear and MCC busses
Perform calculation and sizing of cable trays and conduits, considering requirements of the Canadian Electrical or National Electrical codes.
Obtain required information from Civil and Mechanical disciplines.
Act as a field representative and coordinator with the site Electrical Contractor.
Perform site investigations
Participate in systems’ commissioning.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology (CET registration).
- Minimum 3-10 years experience in industrial plants electrical systems design
- Fully Experience in AutoCAD and or AutoCAD Electrical 2013.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical and National Electrical codes
- Experience in power distribution equipment, including systems design in heavy industrial plants. Experience in the Steel Industry is an asset
- Knowledge of the AC drives system is desirable
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Comfortable dealing with clients
To find out information about SES Automation Inc. , please check our website @