The General Manager demonstrates leadership, providing strategic direction, guidance and support on operational decisions, resource development, financial performance, service delivery and client success. The General Manager is also ultimately responsible for business development activities including marketing, sales, promotion, pricing and related collateral required for effective branding.
- Strategic Planning: Develops strategies for Marketing (Product Profiles, Identification of target markets, Product and Service promotions and the tracking and analysis of client responses) and Risk Management Program development.
- Advisor: Provides timely advice to Senior Management and other organizational levels on issues pertaining to evolving market strategies within the Company and on provincial, national and international opportunities.
- Communications: Liaise with external regulatory bodies and other relevant stakeholders. Prepares internal and external communications (written and verbal) as required. Performs facilitator tasks as required or requested.
- Revenue Generation Responsibilities: To manage the sales funnel in the core services offered in accordance with established targets. To participate in Risk Management Consultant activities as needed or when such activities will not conflict with other duties as noted above.
- Metric / Measurement Programs: Identified and develops corporate and QEHS department metrics per current business processes and requirements.
- Recruitment: Defines and executes recruitment strategies and requirements.
- Employee Relations: Provides assistance to all levels of the organization in managing or resolving performance issues, conflicts or general concerns or questions.
- Compensation and Benefits: Provides leadership in developing or revising corporate compensation and benefit policies and practices. Responsible to participate in periodic reviews of these programs for competitiveness and equity (internally and to the marketplace).
- Marketing Activities – General: Develops and implements marketing initiatives directed at the promotion and selling of all products and services offered by SDS Consulting.
- Market Analysis / Product Analysis: Reviews and remains current on regulatory requirements, industry standards and practices that may affect the organization. Maintain a sound knowledge of current product and service trends. Conduct periodic analysis of client satisfaction regarding their purchase of products and services.
- Assists with consulting, training and auditing assignment as required.
Relationships / Interactions:
- Reports directly to the President
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Business degree or diploma
- Recognized professional certification (CRSP, CSP, CMC, CHRP, Certified Quality Manager, etc.)
- 5 years in the consulting field
- 10 years management experience
- Demonstrates knowledge and comprehension of key processes and interactions within the organization
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Technical knowledge in quality control, quality assurance principles
- Technical and application knowledge of health and safety practices
- Experience change agent
- Strong risk assessment and decision-making skills
- This is a working position – required to participate in daily operational and strategic planning activities as required.
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong “people skills”
- Auditor qualification in QEHS (Safety or ISO auditor) is an asset.