A leading provider of software testing services is urgently seeking a number of contract Software Test Engineers/QA Analysts for an onsite contract engagement in Waterloo, ON, starting immediately. Initial assignment is estimated at 6 months with possibility of later extension.
The successful candidate will demonstrate hands-on experience in performing system integration and smoke testing, as will as showing the flexibility and capability to be able to work with multiple releases, knowledge of Agile/Scrum environment beneficial.
The candidate will be expected to execute both manual and automated testing.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with one of the world leaders in smart phone technology and multi-tier Enterprise server environments.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience of 5 to 10 years in software testing with large scale multi-tier applications
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science / Engineering related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid system test execution, defect investigation and test reporting skills
- Familiarity with SDLC Agile methodologies and testing processes
- Strong technical background in one or more of operating systems (Windows, Linux), databases (Oracle, SQL) and distributed systems/computer networking
- Excellent analytical and problem determination/solving skills, a keen attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter with ability to hit the ground running and on board in a short period of time
- Experience with test automation scripting and associated programming languages is an asset
- Previous experience with email systems is an asset
- Knowledge of test management tools such as Mercury Quality Centre or MKS Integrity is an asset
- Previous experience as a Systems Administration and IT deployment is an asset