Responsible for facultative new business setup for the SGLA underwriting processes and systems/applications. Includes administrative support, file handling and image setup and retrieval. Direct client communication at times to follow-up open items/case information needs for facultative underwriters.
Major Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
· Complete New Business set-ups for the Underwriting Dept, including but not limited to assigning facultative policy number, alpha search of applicant, MIB authorization & input medical requirements.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the underwriting support function; communicate important issues to management for discussion & resolution.
· Open, sort & distribute incoming mail & faxes, scan files & records.
· Process additional papers on pending facultative cases within time service goals.
· Process close-outs, declines, follow-ups & updating of files, keeping current within service goals.
· Make & respond to status calls with SGLA Canada clients promptly & courteously.
· Photocopy documents & files.
· Operate a personal computer to input, retrieve, search, manipulate & document information within image system.
· Complete special assignments & projects
· May perform other duties as required.
Experience and Education (Minimum Requirements):
· Fluently bilingual in English and French (written and verbal)
· 2 years office experience demonstrating knowledge of generally accepted office practices & procedures.
· Solid track record of providing exceptional customer service & doing whatever it takes to ensure total customer satisfaction.
· Working knowledge in a Microsoft Office environment; strong keyboard skill with high accuracy rate.
· Ability to communicate effectively with client companies & maintain professionalism at all time with co-workers.
· Proven skill in accurately inputting a high volume of data.
· Ability to work well as part of a team in a highly driven production-oriented unit, including handling pressures associated with production type work.
· Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted office practices & procedures.
· Demonstrated communication skills including grammar, vocabulary, spelling & proofreading.
· Ability to use standard office machines (fax, photocopier, etc.)
· Ability to prioritize daily duties.
· Regular attendance is a minimum requirement of this role.
Familiarity with LIRAS, TRUMP, LifeSuite, RNBS, IMS Alpha & Image Query an asset
Working knowledge of Word for Windows and basic image technology
Insurance &/or reinsurance experience; successful completion of LOMA classes, preferred.
· Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
· Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
· Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
· Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
· Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.