Major Job Duties:
- To manage, establish, implement and maintain an efficient Quality Management System throughout the Organization as required by ISO 9001-2000.
- To report the performance of the QMS on an ongoing basis as well as to ensure compliance by all departments.
- To collect, analyze and communicate customer requirements, customer complaints, and customer feedback throughout the organization.
- To arrange and conduct ISO audits and ISO Management Review Meetings
- To deal with customer complaints, claims, returns and Technical requests.
- To implement and maintain an effective CA & PA system.
- To coordinate and provide technical assistance with product trials.
- To provide Technical Assistance throughout the plant as required.
- To utilize modern problem solving tools to establish root cause.
Quality Manager Page 2
- To evaluate, chart and analyze production, product, specifications and customer data on a regular basis, and initiate action on the findings.
- Set-up new products and their specifications.
- To assist Sales Representative in the field when it comes to Technical issues and P.R.
- To oversee the testing programs & calibrations programs set out.
- To manage our CPA /EPP Certifications
- To oversee raw and treated paper approvals and receiving are done according to the approved process.
- To assist in the evaluation of nonconforming products in the plant.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for control of quality and reliability.
Responsibility & Authority:
- Responsible to redefine product specifications as required
- Authorized to re-work material as necessary
- Authorized to release products at all levels of the plant
- Authorized to run production trials for product or process optimization
- Authorized to arrange material returns from customers
- Authorized to arrange for remakes and rework for customer complaints/claims.
- Responsible to ensure up to date specifications and standards are issued and followed and that all material produced is in compliance with these specifications and standards.
- Responsible to ensure workers are working safely.
- Authorized to enforce all company policies, regulations and procedures
Education: Grade 12 diploma.
Post Secondary education in a Chemistry Background or equiv
Experience: 5 years experience in industrial particleboard/treating/laminating manufacturing and quality management related background including training in root cause analysis.
Skills: MUST be highly organized, efficient and have the ability to work unsupervised. Excellent Leadership qualities.
Knowledge of Industrial, H&S and Quality Standards is an asset. Strong math skills, typing, word processing, and spread sheet skills required. Knowledge of computer systems used at this facility. Analytical skills are a must. ISO Auditor training.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard