SBI Fine Chemicals Inc. is a research intensive, manufacturer of small scale to medium scale custom synthesis to the pharmaceutical industries with a worldwide customer base. We are seeking a highly motivated Chemist to work in our R&D laboratory and process scale up.
This is a permanent position. As a Research Chemist you will provide your knowledge of organic and organometallic chemistry in order to contribute to the synthesis of new compounds and variety of heterogeneous catalyst.
- Research and development of new synthetic pathways to target compounds
- Independently plan and execute the synthesis of literature and non-literature
compounds within a specified time-frame
- Monitor the progress of reactions using known analytical techniques
- Work-up and develop purification techniques for target compounds
- Accurately record data and write-up final technical reports and other required
- Investigate new ideas for novel drug discovery and drug design projects
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry from a recognized University with a minimum of 3-5 years
industrial synthetic chemistry experience
- Experience and understanding of standard safety procedures for the laboratory
- Experience with analytical methods (GC,GC-MS, HPLC, NMR, IR)
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to interact efficiently and respectfully with group members
- Proven ability to work independently with strong problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple chemistry projects at one time
- Ability to work overtime as required by specific projects or in shifts
- Positive mental attitude is a must!
SBI Fine Chemicals Inc. provides excellent learning atmosphere, successful candidate will have chance to learn and practice world class novel and propriety manufacturing technologes. If you feel you would be a great fit for this position submit your resume by responding to this ad .
We appreciate all applicants who submit a resume, however please note that only the applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.