The responsibilities include various mechanical engineering tasks such as:
- Designing and sizing vessels, exchanges, tanks, pipes and their platform and supports etc for chemical pilot plant
- Sizing and select pumps, compressors, rotating equipment etc.
- Designing, setting up and operating experimental test apparatus
- Specification and procurement of equipment
- Perform materials strength analysis and calculation, etc.)
- Operating tools, equipment and experiments
- Managing test activities, producing support documents and reports
Knowledge & Skills set
Knowledge of engineering fluid dynamics is beneficial as well as hands-on experience with specifying and operating process equipment (pumps, mixers, etc.) and piping systems. Familiarity of design software such as AutoCAD, ViaCAD etc. is must. Experience with building structure is asset
There are also potential opportunities for field work based on project requirements. The candidate must work well independently as well as in a strongly team-oriented environment.
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- Over 5 years industry experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
- Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer
Indeed - 10 months ago
SBI Fine Chemicals Inc. is a research intensive, manufacturer of small scale to medium scale custom synthesis to the pharmaceutical...