The responsibilities include various mechanical engineering tasks such as:
- Designing and sizing vessels, exchanges, tanks and pipes for chemical pilot plant
- Sizing and select pumps, compressors etc. rotating equipment
- Designing, setting up and operating experimental test apparatus
- Specification and procurement of equipment
- Performing engineering calculations (pressure drop, heat transfer, process balances, etc.)
- Collecting & analyzing data
- Operating tools, equipment and experiments
- Managing test activities, producing support documents and reports
Knowledge & Skills set
Knowledge of engineering fluid dynamics is beneficial as well as hands-on experience with specifying and operating process equipment (pumps, mixers, etc.) and piping systems. Experience with civic design and software such as AutoCAD, ViaCAD etc is an also asset. An understanding of mechanical systems is a must.
There are also potential opportunities for field work based on project requirements. The candidate must work well independently as well as in a strongly team-oriented environment.
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
- Eligible to be a P.Eng. with APEGA
- 2-5 years industry experience preferred; co-op experience will be considered
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English
Indeed - 19 months ago
SBI Fine Chemicals Inc. is a research intensive, manufacturer of small scale to medium scale custom synthesis to the pharmaceutical...