Carillion Canada a leading Construction and Facilities Management company is currently hiring Heavy Equipment Mechanics.
Overview: This is a full time permanent job for various locations in AB. Carillion Canada enforces a strict No Smoking Policy within the company premises and work locations failure to comply will lead to suspension and termination.
Hourly Rate: $30.00 – 36.00
Responsibilities and other details specific to the position:
As a Mechanic you will be expected to:
- Ensure that road maintenance equipment such as: Snow plows, gravel layers, pavers, graders and other related equipment are in good working condition.
- Have a working understanding of Electrical and Hydraulic systems as they relate to road maintenance equipment
- Maintain or repair drive train systems
- Have the ability to diagnose problems and schedule work in priority sequence.
- Have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Have a sound working knowledge of safety policies, current legislation and procedures and the ability to ensure that contract equipment requirements are being met.
- Coordinate and maintain communication with the Superintendent, Mechanic Foremen other co workers and Fleet Manager.
- Liaise with private sector supply and repair facilities to ensure optimum equipment readiness, and that appropriate repairs and maintenance are completed on time and cost efficient
- Perform satisfactorily all maintenance and emergency assignments in a manner that promotes cost effective operations, staff co-operation and ensures that assignments are performed in a safe manner and environment at all times.
- Be helpful and friendly at all times to members of the public, property owners, members of Public Agencies, Alberta Transportation, RCMP staff and officials, etc.
- Heavy Equipment or Automotive Mechanic Journeyperson Certificate, an asset
- Must be able to submit a current clean Class 3 Driver’s Abstract with an air brake endorsement as a minimum.
- Must be able to pass the alcohol and substance abuse testing and must be able to maintain a clean record
- Must be able to work over time, on call and or flexible work schedule and respond to problems or perform emergency equipment repairs as required
- This means that you will occasionally receive calls at home during off-duty hours for equipment problems that require your direction or presence to correct.
These certifications should include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Provincial/Interprovincial /Automotive Mechanic
- Provincial/Interprovincial/Heavy Duty Mechanic
- CVIP Inspection Mechanic
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.