San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

Great place to work with fabulous people
Coordinator of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 April 2017
While the environment is a great place to work, it's truly the people that make SJC a remarkable place to work. There is a true sense that you as an individual matter, and what you are doing serves a purpose.
Pros
the people
Great Job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 April 2017
It was nice working there. I got all of the support that I needed from all team members, including department chair. I was immediately assigned a mentor to help me with so much that was needed. I only wish that I had been offered a full time position.
A great place to work.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX23 March 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at San Jacinto. I worked two days a week teaching entry/remedial level mathematics classes. I enjoy my students and the faculty with which I work. I have learned that this is a level that challenges me to reach each student to help them to retain and become excited about mathematics. The hardest part of my job will be leaving.
My reason for leaving is to locate with family in the Aiken area.
Bad place to work.
Adjunct Medical Imaging Instructor (Former Employee) –  Central23 March 2017
No benefits. Adjunct instructors treated poorly. Students were informed more than the adjunct instructors. Co-workers were backstabbers. Would NEVER go back.
Pros
Hours and time off.
Cons
No benefits, no sick time, no vacation time, no say in anything
Awesone team!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 February 2017
I worked as an office administrator assistant, and was part of an amazing team. Well we were more than a team we were family.
Warm supportive work environment
teachers, and Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jacinto, CA26 January 2017
Everyone is a team player and work together to make sure the children are safe while receiving an awesome learning experience. Everyone strives to make each other better for the greater good and they embrace individual differences among the children, parents, and workers.
Pros
Like being at home.
Cons
addictive work environment.
Loved this job
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX25 January 2017
It was a great team to work with and I looked forward to coming to work. I started as an assistant to classroom instructors and worked my way up to classroom instructor. My favorite part of the job was precepting students in the hospital setting. Watching them learn and achieve was awesome.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Worked nights and weekends
Simple and Easy
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 7708915 December 2016
The work is simple and easy to learn. It was always enjoyable helping professors and assist in student learning. Working with chemicals and having the freedom to work without supervision makes it more enjoyable.
I thoroughly enjoy working at San Jacinto College
Information Technology Student Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX9 December 2016
I am currently working as a federal work study in the IT lab. I have had the privilege to work on several different computers with problems ranging from hardware to software type issues. My co-workers made doing my job a pleasure and their input helped as well. The hardest part of the job is that it is not permanent because it is federal work study. The best part of working at San Jacinto college are the people that are working there, they make each day enjoyable, each doing their part proficiently and professionally helping to enhance one another.
school experience
Clinical Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 December 2016
I cannot give a work review because I did my clinical's through here. It was great experience for what I had. I got my priviouse job through my clinicals.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
not a job

Want to know more about San Jacinto College?

Ask a question
Teaching
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX17 November 2016
Teaching is a great experience, I always find out that I learn something new each semester I teach. It is also very fulfilling to see the "light go off" when one of my students learns something new.
Student Technical Assistant
Student Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  8060 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, TX 7750531 August 2016
The hours I worked were flexible and the coworkers are congenial. Customer service is a must for this college. As a Student Technical Assistant you field a lot of questions and troubleshoot minor hardware issues.
Fun and interactive
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX25 August 2016
Boss are understanding and everyone works well as a team. They provide a hefty amount of training so you are well prepared.
customer oriented
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX9 August 2016
•Provided assistance to future and current students including faculty.Added and dropped students from classes, TSI status, transfer and transcript evaluations .Involved with campus student registration, new orientation .Assisted with planning and implementation of commencement ceremony
Awesome
Lab Assistant for Robotics Club (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX2 August 2016
I help built robots, assist students, proctor exams, etc. I have flexible hours and it is very convenient to work on campus where I take my classes.
College
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TX29 July 2016
It was an amazing experience and thoroughly enjoyed my time at SJC and highly recommend student here
excellent place to work a very professional culture.
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX7 June 2016
A typical day involved a lot of teaching to future nursing students who were motivated to learn which I found rewarding. The management was very supportive and always friendly. The job was very enjoyable and the hardest part of the job was being pay once a month instead of biweekly or weekly.
Pros
The benefits were good
Cons
none really, I found the job very enjoyable.
Very well organized College
Adjunct Psychology Professor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX28 May 2016
Motivated in helping students accomplish their goals by assisting them in every aspect of their lives.

The students there are various ages. They sometimes need that push to get over the hump, so to speak.

Some have never been to college, and San Jacinto College provides that help through various offices on camplus.
Pros
Have a passion for helpng students
Cons
Adjunct Professors have to work several years to work full time
its a good school to go to
Student trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX22 May 2016
i volunteered with the head athletic trainer.
it was great, and i learned a lot
there were good days and bad day but mostly good.
people i worked with were nice and ready to work.
the hardest part of the job would be when someone got injured and i needed to know exactly what to do without mistakes
Computer Information Department at San Jacinto College
Computer Information Technology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX20 May 2016
I love my current job Professors and coworkers with who I work with.
A typical day at work is making sure all the Computer in the lab are working, if not then we fix them, and we also repair student computers for free, by the college. I will graduate this fall in Network Admin Associates, and I'm so exited to experience a new job and ready to learn more and more every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jacinto College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4