San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great group of people to work for and lots of room for advancement.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Pasadena texasMarch 1, 2015
San Jacinto college is a good place to work for. the company has lots of room for advancement and working with lots of diverse people is very rewarding.
Work/Life balance are great but…..
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Counseling/Maritime (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: time off and benefits
Cons: the pay is terrible and too much politics
Love the benefits, hate the compensation, they do not pay you what you are worth.
Love the work life balance since you get winter break, spring break and paid vacations, lots of time off.
I guess depends on which department your work for, things are very different, some people are great some are terrible.
Too much politics, it should be about the students, but it isn't always the case.
Learned more in depth about the school system.
Honors assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Everyday I had the responsibility of taking care of the honors room. This was important because honors students would receive free snacks, printing and computer use. In college these are big things to have so a lot of students would try and sneak in to take advantage of these opportunities.
Fun workplace
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2014
-Awesome co-workers and supervisors
-Professional environment
-Trained for the work
-Sign in students, assist them with their financial aid application
-Organize the approved applications
-Work on special projects
-Customer Service
Good company to work for
Recruiter/Educational Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free health benifits
Cons: advancement
Love working here. It has been my best job thus far!

Good work life balance,
Plenty of vacation days.
Pays more than all the other community colleges in the area.
Internship at Community College
Internship (Former Employee), Pasadena, TexasNovember 6, 2014
Professors are outstanding teachers at the central campus, work was centered around learning about computer troubleshooting as well as network related issues.
Student/Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Assistant to the Professor in the Engineering Drafting Department with student study skills.
Troubleshooting problems with equipment and software program.
Exciting Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: numerous school activities and events to attend
Cons: archaic employment guidelines
Working for the first time in an educational environment gave me a new perspective on the service I got paid to give. Dealing with those who are building a part of their lives through career-training was the highlight of the day as I heard of their hopes, dreams and plans for their future. I have to admit I went out of my job description and counseled some individuals to keep them on their path to see graduation. I still keep in contact with them, long since completion of their degrees.

However, I feel San Jacinto College's hiring parameters are a bit discriminating. I was not able to advance as I wanted.
Beginner clerical
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: i didnt have to work all day
Cons: not challenging enough
Not challenging enough for me.Just a job placement for school
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor Mathematics (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: limited full-time positions
I love this job. Co-workers are very helpful. Manager allows you to choose the classes and times you want to teach.
Excellent
Fixed Asset Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 18, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Management and co-workers are both excellent.
Full-time Student
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Pasadena, TexasJune 5, 2014
Pros: close to my house, caring instructors, cost.
Cons: none.
I am not working at the college, but I am a full-time student. If you need to brush up on your core requirements, San Jac is an excellent value with caring instructors.
Tutor Students
Science Tutor, Advance Mathematics (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks
A typical day is helping students non-stop with their academics, this thought me that patience and perseverance equals success.
I work with some of the smartest people in Houston so my co-workers are the greatest people in Houston.
The Hardest part of my job is switching from chemistry to physics and mathematics with a snap of a finger.Its not impossible, its just one of the requirements with the job.
The best part about my job is when the students come back and tell you that they passed and understand thanks to you.
Quiet Day in the Lab
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience, relaxed environment
Cons: temporary job, part-time
After talking talking with my manager over which part of the lab should be cleaned up or organized I set to work on that goal. After completion there's usually lab equipment that needed fixing such a multi-meters with blown fuses and lab modules with damaged breadboards that need to be swapped out.

On certain days my manager would ask me to setup a demo circuit for students to see or to confirm electrical values in the curriculum. With the exception a few days working with a fellow assistant to clean out the storage closet, I worked solo most of the time.

I enjoyed helping students solder and work on their projects, particularly if I could find them better tools for them to use.
Productive and able to study at work place and learn a bit of the electrical trade.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: learning a trade just enough to be a safe citizen and getting my hands dirty.
Cons: hours were long once a week and not enough study breaks.
Test, organize, and set up tools and equipment for the Technical instructor could efficiently teach electrical students. Cleaned and assisted in restocking inventory. Customer service persona everyday to all the students attending to motivate retention. Able to send 1,000 pre- sorted standard letters to prospective students. Up graded the organization of electronic and hard copy files for my Supervisor. Managed a couple of catered committee meetings. When at loss of direction my co-worker was able to assist me with a positive attitude. Memorizing the electrical trade to short-cut degree to be knowledgeable of class labs and keeping in mind not to feel over-whelmed with additional information. The most enjoyable part of my day was to see my supervisor know that each day I tried my hardest.
Great Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 10, 2014
This job is ideal for students who need a work study job. It is also good for a non-traditional student looking for more work. Due to the nature of the work, the job allows for a lot of study time which is no boubt well suited for a college student.
Great Place to Work and Grow
Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 5, 2014
My ability to challenge myself on a day to day basis helped me grow into a better person and employee. It is a very busy, fast paced, and at times stressful place to work.
I enjoy working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 19, 2013
I have learned so much from the people around me , they are very professional. My office is so much fun and very much a family. I enjoy interacting with the students , my job is not hard at all.
good job to have while going to school
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: able to study while working
Cons: only 15 minute break, boss is very inconsistent with what is and isn't allowed
great place to work while in school, can get boring, not even allowed to use the computer sitting in front of you.
Wonderful educational experience
Adjunct Instructor (Online) (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: being able to conduct the classroom instruction as you see that it will benefit the students.
Cons: no guarantee that you will have a class at the end of the one you are instructing.
I have completely enjoyed my work at San Jac. The satisfaction that is received seeing the accomplishments of the students that have been a part of my classes have made it a dream job. Having the support of the management and administrative team in providing the needed equipment and materials for the different programs has just been wonderful. The hardest times have been when a class for which I have prepared to instruct does not have enough students and has to be cancelled. Even in those times there is always the encouragement from the team that there will be another one soon.