San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Study
Student Worker (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
I was a student work study in the VA office and would work there again. Flexible hours and easy job. I only worked there one semester.
Great Workplace
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 27, 2015
Great place to work. Management is a phone call away, although rarely seen. Could improve on communication with adjucts. Students are always eager and willing to learn.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Nil
Cons: Nil
I feel valued by the institution. You are constantly equipped through training to be engaged with institutional mission and vision.
fun work place, great staff, and supportive management
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Pros: no direct management, great pay, holiday vacations
Cons: short work days, not many work hours
Fun work place with lots of skill development activities offered. Great work hours and vacation on all major holidays. Most of the daily activities are based on helping students so, it is really rewarding. there is plenty of great colleagues that give advice and help with learning procedures.
Productive Work Place
Professor- Anatomy/Physiology and Pathophysiology (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 12, 2015
Very nice place to work and grow as a professional. I have enjoyed my 10 years of service and work-related opportunities but it is time to grow by broadening my horizons.
AN ALL INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 9, 2015
Pros: learning enviroment is great
Cons: not enough convienent parking
San Jacinto College is a community of faculty, staff and instructors who strive to help every student succeed towards their desired degree and future endeavor.
this was college
Intern Respiratory Care Program (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 4, 2015
this was college.I was a full time student I was enrolled as a student. I was enrolled in the Respiratory Care Program at this college
I truly enjoying teaching our future.
Adjunct Health Information Management Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Pros: The hours.
Cons: Nothing.
I enjoy giving back to the community. Teaching is my way of giving back. I truly enjoy lecturing and teaching the students how to apply all their courses to be productive in the work field.
Great work study positon
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 18, 2015
Pros: worked with schedule
Cons: not much opportunity for growth within the company.
Great positon avalible for student but long term careers are not typically given, even to those with a history with the school. Loved the atmosphere but was not given a chance for a real future with the company.
Great work environment and supportive administrative teams
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Houston TXAugust 31, 2015
Great work environment and supportive administrative teams in every aspect. Staff training and learning activities were outstanding. On every level adequate support and supervision was given to ensure success for students and staff.
Relaxed workplace
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Love to help people prosper in what they struggle
Cons: Management
First 3 years of work was enjoyable until management changed. Hardest part of the job was to deal with the manager. She was very rude and made the work environment too strict. Many co-workers left the job because of the new management. I learned great time management skills from this job. Switching between 20 students was a difficult task at first, then I was able to get used to it.
Great group of people to work for and lots of room for advancement.
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Pasadena texasMarch 1, 2015
San Jacinto college is a good place to work for. the company has lots of room for advancement and working with lots of diverse people is very rewarding.
Work/Life balance are great but…..
Sr. Administrative Assistant, Counseling/Maritime (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: time off and benefits
Cons: the pay is terrible and too much politics
Love the benefits, hate the compensation, they do not pay you what you are worth.
Love the work life balance since you get winter break, spring break and paid vacations, lots of time off.
I guess depends on which department your work for, things are very different, some people are great some are terrible.
Too much politics, it should be about the students, but it isn't always the case.
Learned more in depth about the school system.
Honors assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Everyday I had the responsibility of taking care of the honors room. This was important because honors students would receive free snacks, printing and computer use. In college these are big things to have so a lot of students would try and sneak in to take advantage of these opportunities.
Fun workplace
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 21, 2014
-Awesome co-workers and supervisors
-Professional environment
-Trained for the work
-Sign in students, assist them with their financial aid application
-Organize the approved applications
-Work on special projects
-Customer Service
Good company to work for
Recruiter/Educational Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free health benifits
Cons: advancement
Love working here. It has been my best job thus far!

Good work life balance,
Plenty of vacation days.
Pays more than all the other community colleges in the area.
Internship at Community College
Internship (Former Employee), Pasadena, TexasNovember 6, 2014
Professors are outstanding teachers at the central campus, work was centered around learning about computer troubleshooting as well as network related issues.
Student/Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Assistant to the Professor in the Engineering Drafting Department with student study skills.
Troubleshooting problems with equipment and software program.
Exciting Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: numerous school activities and events to attend
Cons: archaic employment guidelines
Working for the first time in an educational environment gave me a new perspective on the service I got paid to give. Dealing with those who are building a part of their lives through career-training was the highlight of the day as I heard of their hopes, dreams and plans for their future. I have to admit I went out of my job description and counseled some individuals to keep them on their path to see graduation. I still keep in contact with them, long since completion of their degrees.

However, I feel San Jacinto College's hiring parameters are a bit discriminating. I was not able to advance as I wanted.
Beginner clerical
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: i didnt have to work all day
Cons: not challenging enough
Not challenging enough for me.Just a job placement for school