San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
CNA Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX24 November 2017
Staff is nice to work with and the campus is easy to navigate. Hours are decent and you will not be there late into the night. Management is cool most days
Great Start to YOur Education and goals
Freelance Photographer/ Writer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 November 2017
San Jacinto College is a great place to start your career. The college allows flexibility on your schedule, propels a person into the working class, and is great money saver to acquiring your basics before you go off to university.
Productive and fun work environment
Digital Literacy Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX13 November 2017
Good work environment. When classes do not make, the professors have no work. Many opportunities to keep up with changes in technology..It's a great place to work!
Great!
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  TX10 November 2017
Loved my coworkers, boss, and had an overall great experience. The job helped me practice my speaking skills and it had an overall good influence on me.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunches, Manager
Cons
hours
The best community
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX31 October 2017
I feel like all SJC employees are really like a family. If you are looking for a comfortable place to work with good leaders, I believe San Jacinto College is the right place for you.
College
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX22 October 2017
I went to college and took a continuing education coarse.
Was short but effective.
Great location.
Great teachers.
Has programs to advance to UT and other Universities.
Challenging and ever changing environment
Business Office Technology Professor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 October 2017
Typical day would include preparing for class instruction, teaching on campus and online, office hours for students, attend committee meetings (some at other campuses), attend college-wide briefings, recruit students and business partners.

Most enjoyable part of the job was class preparation and teaching. Lease enjoyable was quantifying every part of the job.

The workplace is becoming more and more stressful due to lower state funding.
Ability to work and do homework all at once
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX18 September 2017
It was nice being able to help people, and do homework when it wasn't busy. It's a work-study job, after all. I met amazing coworkers, and absolutely loved working at the college, despite multiple students yelling at me for not ordering them a taxi because they didn't plan a ride home (although, the college doesn't even provide a taxi service).
Pros
Free lunch from meetings, freedom to do schoolwork, flexibility of class scheduling with work
Cons
Expected to know and do everything ranging from the release of confidential student information, to ordering and paying for irresponsible peoples' taxi service
Calm place, cubicle setting
District Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 September 2017
constantly answering phones speaking with students. Certain amount of calls that needed to be answered and transferred.
Location is good, nothing to complain
A very enjoyable entry-level position
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX11 September 2017
1. A typical work usual consists of dealing with the regular questions and concerns of the students. Which can range from smooth sailing to hectic.

2. One of the things I have learned in the time I have spent working for the library is how manage multiple tasks at the same time.

3. The management of the library are always helpful and supportive with any issues that my arise.

4. Similar to the management, the workplace culture is stellar with no complaints.

5. The hardest part of the job would be having to deals with a long line of frustrated students and trying to remain clam and collected at the same time without getting overwhelmed.

6. The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is down time, you can work on any assignments you have should you be taking classes on the San Jac campus as well.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You do not get lunch breaks unless you are working more than 5 hrs.
San Jacinto College
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX26 August 2017
The College is a great place to work and it feels good to know you are building a future for our nation's students. Sometimes I want to cry and at others times I jump for joy, as I see my students creating a vision and taking action to reach their goals. That is a reward in itself for working at the College. Watching people change their lives and watching people be people. Ha! That is when you feel like crying because some people are just too much being themselves. But, working at the college, it is our responsibility to give them direction and to get them to see that there is a better way by educating themselves and creating a vision so they can take an action to reach their goals. The College is very supportive in this area and encourage this attitude in their workers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Tempary and no Insurance
Excellent Place to gain Advanced Education
Adjunct Professor in Continuing Education (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TX25 August 2017
I would encourage anyone desiring to further their education and skill set, or those who are simply lifelong learners to find their niche at San Jacinto College. There is something for everyone.
It's ok for a beginner job, not career.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX14 August 2017
It's a good job for a college student they are flexible with the hours, but minimum wage doesn't help much. The work is easy, help customers get the things they need for class and then check them out. Stock when its slow and fold and arrange the store. Make it look good. When the fall classes start its pretty busy and steady, summer is dead and boring.
Cons
pay
Fun and educational hands on learning experience
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX21 July 2017
San Jacinto College Children's Center offers great learning experiences, opportunities, and hands on experiences for those inspiring to be Early Childhood teachers or already are. In addition, San Jacinto College offers advancement opportunities, great benefits, and a fun and productive working environment.
A great place to work very friendly environment
Lead Tutor/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 July 2017
Is a great place where I learned how to interact with all types of culture. San Jacinto College is a great place to work because it help me expend my knowledge and help me learned new skills such as multitasking, customer service and office work.
Pros
great place
Productive worksplace
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 June 2017
Working for SJC has been great, I do love my job. I have a great connection with the students and I feel I make a difference in their lives. There is not much room to grow unless you go back to school, but the hours do not allow much time.
People are great, but the pay is terrible!
Adjunct College Prep Professor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 June 2017
My co-workers are wonderful for the most part. No one micro-managing which is great. The problem is that adjuncts get paid near poverty level which is a real shame.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, no micro-managing
Cons
The pay is terrible!
A Great Place to Work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX10 June 2017
Management is very supportive of initiatives and ideas that directly impacts student success. Provides a great work/balance culture, and the employees and very supportive. Is a great collaborative environment to be in.
Benefits
Very relaxed atmosphere
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 May 2017
I expected for the typical day at San Jack to be fast and it was quite the opposite. The supervisors were great and weren't micromanaging my decisions which made it a greater place to work.
Challenging
Part Time Administrative Assistatnt (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX4 May 2017
Fun place, fast pace environment. very diverse culture of people working here.
Work culture is very professional. Student workers have greate opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at San Jacinto College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4