SAN JACINTO COLLEGE

SAN JACINTO COLLEGE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Full-time Student
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Pasadena, TexasJune 5, 2014
Pros: close to my house, caring instructors, cost.
Cons: none.
I am not working at the college, but I am a full-time student. If you need to brush up on your core requirements, San Jac is an excellent value with caring instructors.
Tutor Students
Science Tutor, Advance Mathematics (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks
A typical day is helping students non-stop with their academics, this thought me that patience and perseverance equals success.
I work with some of the smartest people in Houston so my co-workers are the greatest people in Houston.
The Hardest part of my job is switching from chemistry to physics and mathematics with a snap of a finger.Its not impossible, – more... its just one of the requirements with the job.
The best part about my job is when the students come back and tell you that they passed and understand thanks to you. – less
Quiet Day in the Lab
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience, relaxed environment
Cons: temporary job, part-time
After talking talking with my manager over which part of the lab should be cleaned up or organized I set to work on that goal. After completion there's usually lab equipment that needed fixing such a multi-meters with blown fuses and lab modules with damaged breadboards that need to be swapped out.

On certain days my manager would ask me to setup a – more... demo circuit for students to see or to confirm electrical values in the curriculum. With the exception a few days working with a fellow assistant to clean out the storage closet, I worked solo most of the time.

I enjoyed helping students solder and work on their projects, particularly if I could find them better tools for them to use. – less
Productive and able to study at work place and learn a bit of the electrical trade.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: learning a trade just enough to be a safe citizen and getting my hands dirty.
Cons: hours were long once a week and not enough study breaks.
Test, organize, and set up tools and equipment for the Technical instructor could efficiently teach electrical students. Cleaned and assisted in restocking inventory. Customer service persona everyday to all the students attending to motivate retention. Able to send 1,000 pre- sorted standard letters to prospective students. Up graded the organization – more... of electronic and hard copy files for my Supervisor. Managed a couple of catered committee meetings. When at loss of direction my co-worker was able to assist me with a positive attitude. Memorizing the electrical trade to short-cut degree to be knowledgeable of class labs and keeping in mind not to feel over-whelmed with additional information. The most enjoyable part of my day was to see my supervisor know that each day I tried my hardest. – less
Great Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 10, 2014
This job is ideal for students who need a work study job. It is also good for a non-traditional student looking for more work. Due to the nature of the work, the job allows for a lot of study time which is no boubt well suited for a college student.
Great Place to Work and Grow
Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 5, 2014
My ability to challenge myself on a day to day basis helped me grow into a better person and employee. It is a very busy, fast paced, and at times stressful place to work.
I enjoy working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 19, 2013
I have learned so much from the people around me , they are very professional. My office is so much fun and very much a family. I enjoy interacting with the students , my job is not hard at all.
good job to have while going to school
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: able to study while working
Cons: only 15 minute break, boss is very inconsistent with what is and isn't allowed
great place to work while in school, can get boring, not even allowed to use the computer sitting in front of you.
Wonderful educational experience
Adjunct Instructor (Online) (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: being able to conduct the classroom instruction as you see that it will benefit the students.
Cons: no guarantee that you will have a class at the end of the one you are instructing.
I have completely enjoyed my work at San Jac. The satisfaction that is received seeing the accomplishments of the students that have been a part of my classes have made it a dream job. Having the support of the management and administrative team in providing the needed equipment and materials for the different programs has just been wonderful. The hardest – more... times have been when a class for which I have prepared to instruct does not have enough students and has to be cancelled. Even in those times there is always the encouragement from the team that there will be another one soon. – less
Part Time Personnel
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: more experience in my law enforcement career
Cons: 24/7 shifts
Arrive and get the information from shift relieving and then answer phones and dispatch all calls for service. Monitor alarms and cameras of parking lots.

Law enforcement Chief, Sgts and Officers all worked well with me.
Great Place To Work
Educational Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2013
San Jacinto College is an innovative leader among community colleges in the state of Texas as well as within the United States. SJC cares about students and employees equally. It is a pleasure working at an institution that is so focused on student success and completion.
Culinary Instructor
Adjunct Culinary Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Great Program

A Great amount of TEAM WORK

Educating New Prospects on an Energizing Indutry.
I love this job but unfortunately with the issues in school fundings our hours will have to be cut.
Medical Radiography Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 22, 2013
I manage and teach students in a clinical setting. I teach them how to apply positioning and proper radiation safety. They are responsible for knowing how to use the proper exposure techniques for lowest patient dose possible and also for the best positioning skills according to there text book "Merrills".
I have learned how to be an excellent tech – more... through my experience with the college. I can look at an image and know exactly how to make it the best quality diagnostically.
My co-workers all are so wonderful at what they do and I have a great relationship with all of them.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with students that are not in this field for the right reasons. I want them all to have that umph that it takes to be an excellent Rad Tech and sometimes they just have a negative attitude about it as if they don't want to be in clinic at all.
The one aspect of this job that I love is teaching the students what I have been taught over the years and seeing them use that knowledge in the clinical setting. I love making a positive influence in their lives and seeing them succeed upon completion of our Radiology program. – less
Good Job
Assistance Athletic Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2013
It was a fun job but needed more pay and hours, I just had to watch and make sure that the students was behaving acordingy
Interesting workplace
Tutor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
It is helpful to me because I am improving my english.And I give my help to improve the performance of other students.
Very busy workplace.
Student Admin. Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 11, 2013
Filing
Heavy Phones
Fax Email Scan and return phone messages.
pick up and drop off mail.
Registering students
data entry
Educational Planning and Counseling in Student Development
Educational Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
Pros: mentoring program, doctoral research group, college day and transfer fair.
Cons: not flexible in ability to participate in other areas within the college
Participated in POCs, (Points of Contact) in visiting classrooms to conduct guided registration, career planning, transfer day and new student orientation. Host college day, advise students towards course completion, graduation, enrollment, testing and financial aid. Served as person of contact on days when management is not available, athletic mentor – more... and adviser. Participate with mentor programming, campus department liaison and doctoral group committee member. I learned to multi-task and to maintain a positive outlook in advising students from various backgrounds. My colleagues were all very easy to get along with and we worked together in supporting one another. The job was hard, time consuming, tedious and repetitive at times but not hard. I very much enjoyed participating in the mentor program, attending events, social gatherings, college days, informational and career workshops, facilitating academic presentations in encouraging young men to persist in their college education. – less
I a nice place to work because it allows us to pick our own schedule.
Lead Tutor (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: brakes
Cons: the pay rate is too low
Is a great place to work, I truly enjoy working with others. The best part of my job as a tutor is when a student leaves happy because we answer all his questions about his or her assignment. The hardest part about a tutor is when we a students come frustrated and want us to do their work. It is really hard to deal with those people because they tend – more... to get really mad. I have learned to communicate more effectively with others. – less
Passion for Weight Training
Weight Training Instructor (Current Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 12, 2013
I work hard and will always give 110 %. I have at San Jac South and will at San Jac Central if given the opportunity.
great place to work
Lab Tech Specialist - Biology A&P (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: great enviorment
Cons: none that i know
loved working here. very good working atmosphere with alot of room for growth.