San Jacinto College

San Jacinto College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Internship at Community College
Internship (Former Employee), Pasadena, TexasNovember 6, 2014
Professors are outstanding teachers at the central campus, work was centered around learning about computer troubleshooting as well as network related issues.
Student/Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Assistant to the Professor in the Engineering Drafting Department with student study skills.
Troubleshooting problems with equipment and software program.
Exciting Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: numerous school activities and events to attend
Cons: archaic employment guidelines
Working for the first time in an educational environment gave me a new perspective on the service I got paid to give. Dealing with those who are building a part of their lives through career-training was the highlight of the day as I heard of their hopes, dreams and plans for their future. I have to admit I went out of my job description and counseled – more... some individuals to keep them on their path to see graduation. I still keep in contact with them, long since completion of their degrees.

However, I feel San Jacinto College's hiring parameters are a bit discriminating. I was not able to advance as I wanted. – less
Beginner clerical
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: i didnt have to work all day
Cons: not challenging enough
Not challenging enough for me.Just a job placement for school
Great place to work!
Adjunct Professor Mathematics (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: limited full-time positions
I love this job. Co-workers are very helpful. Manager allows you to choose the classes and times you want to teach.
Excellent
Fixed Asset Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 18, 2014
Wonderful company to work for. Management and co-workers are both excellent.
Full-time Student
Full-Time Student (Current Employee), Pasadena, TexasJune 5, 2014
Pros: close to my house, caring instructors, cost.
Cons: none.
I am not working at the college, but I am a full-time student. If you need to brush up on your core requirements, San Jac is an excellent value with caring instructors.
Tutor Students
Science Tutor, Advance Mathematics (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks
A typical day is helping students non-stop with their academics, this thought me that patience and perseverance equals success.
I work with some of the smartest people in Houston so my co-workers are the greatest people in Houston.
The Hardest part of my job is switching from chemistry to physics and mathematics with a snap of a finger.Its not impossible, – more... its just one of the requirements with the job.
The best part about my job is when the students come back and tell you that they passed and understand thanks to you. – less
Quiet Day in the Lab
LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: learning experience, relaxed environment
Cons: temporary job, part-time
After talking talking with my manager over which part of the lab should be cleaned up or organized I set to work on that goal. After completion there's usually lab equipment that needed fixing such a multi-meters with blown fuses and lab modules with damaged breadboards that need to be swapped out.

On certain days my manager would ask me to setup a – more... demo circuit for students to see or to confirm electrical values in the curriculum. With the exception a few days working with a fellow assistant to clean out the storage closet, I worked solo most of the time.

I enjoyed helping students solder and work on their projects, particularly if I could find them better tools for them to use. – less
Productive and able to study at work place and learn a bit of the electrical trade.
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: learning a trade just enough to be a safe citizen and getting my hands dirty.
Cons: hours were long once a week and not enough study breaks.
Test, organize, and set up tools and equipment for the Technical instructor could efficiently teach electrical students. Cleaned and assisted in restocking inventory. Customer service persona everyday to all the students attending to motivate retention. Able to send 1,000 pre- sorted standard letters to prospective students. Up graded the organization – more... of electronic and hard copy files for my Supervisor. Managed a couple of catered committee meetings. When at loss of direction my co-worker was able to assist me with a positive attitude. Memorizing the electrical trade to short-cut degree to be knowledgeable of class labs and keeping in mind not to feel over-whelmed with additional information. The most enjoyable part of my day was to see my supervisor know that each day I tried my hardest. – less
Great Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee), Pearland, TXFebruary 10, 2014
This job is ideal for students who need a work study job. It is also good for a non-traditional student looking for more work. Due to the nature of the work, the job allows for a lot of study time which is no boubt well suited for a college student.
Great Place to Work and Grow
Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 5, 2014
My ability to challenge myself on a day to day basis helped me grow into a better person and employee. It is a very busy, fast paced, and at times stressful place to work.
I enjoy working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 19, 2013
I have learned so much from the people around me , they are very professional. My office is so much fun and very much a family. I enjoy interacting with the students , my job is not hard at all.
good job to have while going to school
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXNovember 6, 2013
Pros: able to study while working
Cons: only 15 minute break, boss is very inconsistent with what is and isn't allowed
great place to work while in school, can get boring, not even allowed to use the computer sitting in front of you.
Wonderful educational experience
Adjunct Instructor (Online) (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2013
Pros: being able to conduct the classroom instruction as you see that it will benefit the students.
Cons: no guarantee that you will have a class at the end of the one you are instructing.
I have completely enjoyed my work at San Jac. The satisfaction that is received seeing the accomplishments of the students that have been a part of my classes have made it a dream job. Having the support of the management and administrative team in providing the needed equipment and materials for the different programs has just been wonderful. The hardest – more... times have been when a class for which I have prepared to instruct does not have enough students and has to be cancelled. Even in those times there is always the encouragement from the team that there will be another one soon. – less
Part Time Personnel
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: more experience in my law enforcement career
Cons: 24/7 shifts
Arrive and get the information from shift relieving and then answer phones and dispatch all calls for service. Monitor alarms and cameras of parking lots.

Law enforcement Chief, Sgts and Officers all worked well with me.
Great Place To Work
Educational Planner (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 20, 2013
San Jacinto College is an innovative leader among community colleges in the state of Texas as well as within the United States. SJC cares about students and employees equally. It is a pleasure working at an institution that is so focused on student success and completion.
Culinary Instructor
Adjunct Culinary Instructor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2013
Great Program

A Great amount of TEAM WORK

Educating New Prospects on an Energizing Indutry.
I love this job but unfortunately with the issues in school fundings our hours will have to be cut.
Medical Radiography Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJune 22, 2013
I manage and teach students in a clinical setting. I teach them how to apply positioning and proper radiation safety. They are responsible for knowing how to use the proper exposure techniques for lowest patient dose possible and also for the best positioning skills according to there text book "Merrills".
I have learned how to be an excellent tech – more... through my experience with the college. I can look at an image and know exactly how to make it the best quality diagnostically.
My co-workers all are so wonderful at what they do and I have a great relationship with all of them.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with students that are not in this field for the right reasons. I want them all to have that umph that it takes to be an excellent Rad Tech and sometimes they just have a negative attitude about it as if they don't want to be in clinic at all.
The one aspect of this job that I love is teaching the students what I have been taught over the years and seeing them use that knowledge in the clinical setting. I love making a positive influence in their lives and seeing them succeed upon completion of our Radiology program. – less
Good Job
Assistance Athletic Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2013
It was a fun job but needed more pay and hours, I just had to watch and make sure that the students was behaving acordingy