International Instructor Positions for English Language Foundations in Kazakhstan
Position Classification: Instructors
Are you interested in a new, exciting, international teaching opportunity?
SAIT Polytechnic is currently seeking experienced international instructors to instruct Task Based Curriculum for English Language Foundations (ELF) on a two month contract for our Centre for Academic Learner Services (CALS).
By joining SAIT Polytechnic, you will be part of a premier polytechnic with an international reputation. The Centre for Academic Learner Services (CALS) is one of SAIT Polytechnic’s most diverse and dynamic academic departments. CALS offers a wide variety of programs and services designed to help learners reach their full academic potential, foster lifelong learning, and contribute to student achievement and retention.
The position also includes a mentorship component with local Instructional Assistants which are assigned to aid in the course delivery and to improve their teaching and language skills.
Interested instructors will be expected to commence duties in Atyrau, Kazakhstan
around October 20, 2014 and end December 12, 2014, subject to visa approvals.
There will be a mandatory on-boarding training component for approximately 4 business days prior to departure approximately on September 30-October 3, 2014.
All successful candidates must have a valid Canadian passport and
Canadian Social Insurance Number.
Attractive compensation available and all related work expenses covered
(excluding food, toiletries, and entertainment).
The position includes flights, medical insurance, and accommodations.
Accommodations are clean, located within a 7-minute walk of campus, have 24-hour security, and include laundry and cleaning services. A laptop, cell phone and adaptors are provided for the duration of the assignment.
All travel, accommodations and visa arrangements will be taken care of by SAIT.
All successful candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in English, or an Education degree with relevant certifications
- TESL Certification
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working internationally or instructing diverse learner groups
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a classroom setting
- Experience in mentoring
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
- A high level of flexibility and openness to new surroundings
Additionally, some good to haves are:
- International college teaching experience
- Experience in Desire 2 Learn (D2L) software
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and coaching of the assigned Instructional Assistants
- Regular reporting of student and Instructional Assistants progress
- Advising and assisting students experiencing academic difficulties
- Developing and using lesson plans that align with course outlines
- Developing and using assessment and evaluation tools
- Updating and maintaining course materials for timely availability
- Using a variety of instructional techniques and technologies to enhance the delivery of curriculum
- Managing the classroom to ensure a positive learning environment
- Attending regular meetings with Lead Instructor
- Timely preparation of Term Reports
- Modeling professionalism in conduct, attitude, and appearance
- Providing formative feedback and grades in a timely manner
- Seeking learner feedback and making appropriate adjustments
- Coordinating with other instructors teaching the same course to ensure consistency of delivery and assessment
OPEN TO: SAIT Employees and the Public
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience
COMPETITION NUMBER: C7-14-GC
CLOSING DATE: August 22, 2014
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please visit the SAIT careers site at http://www.sait.ca/careers. SAIT is committed to Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified individuals.