SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional environment
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: health insurance cost and plan
SAIC is a good company to work for with opportunities to grow and mature in your career field.
productive
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Millington, TNFebruary 1, 2014
sorting mail
importance of date stamping
lacking
business all the time
when days were busy, busy, busy
just being there
The Best Corporation to be a part of
SM Consulting/ SAIC, Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 30, 2014
This is by far the best company that any individual could work with and for.
DCGS-A Mentor
Embedded Mentor Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Ft Irwin CaJanuary 29, 2014
•As the RC-South Training lead I was responsible for all operational and administrative aspects for five trainers assigned to RC-S in the OEF theater of operations. My personal expertise with DCGS-A allows me to interface with PM-DCGS OIC, Army G2 representative and to be the conduit of user challenges to the Field Support Engineers in order to ensure – more... challenges are addressed and resolved appropriately.
•Throughout my time as an Embedded Mentor I have supported one Division, 35 Brigades, two Special Operations Task forces and countless battalions. Being able to integrate myself with the each unit and become a reliable asset for each intelligence section and command.
•As a DCGS-A Embedded Mentor I was attached to deployed units to train and assist intelligence analysts on the tools and data sources DCGS-A provides. Students ranged from E2-O5 and Contractors with varying levels of Intel and DCGS experience.
•As an Embedded Mentor I provided assistance to fellow mentors throughout Afghanistan using chat, updating training materials and problem solutions/work-a-rounds to new or existing software issues. – less
Excellent working environment
Logistics Business Analyst II. (Current Employee), Scott Air Force baseJanuary 28, 2014
I find this company to be very much like a home environment. Casual and family oriented atmosphere. Great benefits and a great learning experience.
Large government contractor. Fun and very structured place
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Fairfield, NJJanuary 27, 2014
Supervising assistant buyers. Working directly with the military.
Hark working, loyal, mentally and physically fit and I enjoy learning.
Senior Facility Logistician (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: self development
Cons: sometimes this development has taken time away from my family
Since joining the Armed Forces I've grown to become the type of person that believes in hard work, and doing things right. Since a large part of our lives are at work I make it a point to work well with others so that they enjoy work. A typical day at work is best described as organized chaos. Since I work for the DOD and all these budget changes and – more... restructuring are happening, you experience new challenges everyday. Serving under the Special Operations Command I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the best individuals America has to offer. I've learned leadership from them, and the importance of teamwork. In fact, all of my military experience has developed these attributes and I'm looking for an opportunity to contribute what I have learned. – less
Tell us about:
Teir 1 Soc (Former Employee), reston, VaJanuary 24, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the jo
SAIC is a great company to work for.
Test and Evaluation team member. (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 24, 2014
SAIC is a wonderful company to work for. All of the people in my chain of command go out of their way to help me in my work and personal life. There is a very good education assistance program and many opportunities for professional improvement.
Because SAIC is a government contractor, the contract that pays the employee salary and overhead can expire. – more... And sometimes there is not a job that matches the employee’s skills and interest waiting. The employee then must look outside the company to stay employed. That is just the nature of contract work. – less
fast paced work enviornment, serving the needs of the world one project at a time
Logistics Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, room for growth
Cons: job stability, unreliable contracts
SAIC was a great company to learn the ins and outs of transportation logistics from outside of the military angle.
My day to day duties consisted of vehicle dispatching, driver assignments, statistical calculations, report writing, and inventory managing.
saic
Computer Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), charleston scJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: large company
The company started out good to work for but has slowly went down hill especially since the company split.
Great company
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2014
SAIC has a lot to offer analyst and government contractors through its many locations. It's a great company.
Excellent job
Trainer/ Team Member for Team IMPASS (Former Employee), Based in Virginia Beach, Va......Job at seaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: able to effect change and be a positive role model
Cons: hours were sometimes demanding, small boat rides can sometimes be dangerous
Typical day involves a small boat ride to meet a destroyer already at sea, followed by a chain of command in-brief,system check out and training for the ships team that will be assisting us in the deployment of the IMPASS system. Later in the evening we would observe a training scenario by the team we were there to certify. The following morning we – more... would be up very early to set the system up and deploy it into the ocean. We would then conduct the certification and depart the ship either via small boat of at the pier.

My co-workers were all of the same level of knowledge and dedication and we worked very well as a team.
I think the hardest part of the job was the small boat rides in the winter and having to climb a Jacobs ladder to get onboard the ship, at times it can be very dangerous. – less
Customer Service
Intermediate Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Marshall Space Flighter Center, Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: loved my job
Worked with Telephone switch to build a phone to activate or terminate it. worked with voice mail.
Trouble shoot all the problems with phones not working.
Productive environment
System Integration Analyst Lead Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work would include a daily morning status meeting were goals and objectives for the day were discussed. Followed by an 8-12 hour shift working toward accomplishing these goals and output objectives.

I learned how to build cables, fabricate sub assemblies, instal equipment and cabling into communication racks, integrate communication – more... racks into military tactical vehicles and supervise lead and teach others how to perform these tasks as well. – less
Team Player
FSR- field service rep for CREW (Current Employee), NCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: reading time
Cons: understanding the reading points
Hard Worker. Account for all time of work, Enjoy team work. Wake up early, always on standby. Worked on GPR systems, also trained Marines and Soldiers.
SAIC
Lotus Notes Developer (Former Employee), McLean VAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: peer communication
Cons: management communication & long commute
Began working in a good location; unfortunately, contract ended. Reassigned to different job.
Great company with plenty of opportunities.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Ft. Polk, LaJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: big company that is driven to excel.
Cons: government contracts.
Really enjoyed working for SAIC. They are involved in so many different things, really opens the door for many people with a college education. Management, HR, the Service Center and Tech Support are all very helpful.
International Security and Intelligence
Intelligence, Security and Targeting Officer (Former Employee), InternationalJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day in the community involves problem solving, a great deal of cross functional coordination, and a constant 'Big Picture' Acumen.

This career field has taught me that strong leadership and decision making are as much innate personal qualities as products of experience with failure, and that overall success is often built from the momentum – more... in promoting small organizational and team victories.

Management is a constant balance of resources, achieving results, and maintaining the integrity personnel welfare.

The diversity of the co-workers always ensures work is fun and interesting. Working with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds has helped broaden my imagination and allowed me to connect with customer and client needs simply by being more adept at paying attention to the person and their unique situation.

The hardest part of the job has been implementing tough decisions when the overall success of the mission requires sacrificing a significant but lesser objective.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the implosion of morale within the unit or organization when a milestone has been reached, and feeling the excitement and busy professionalism that comes with a new and unexpected opportunity or piece of information. Congratulating co-workers sincerely after a hard job, well done. – less
common cube farm and labs
System Integration Analyst / Mission Planner (Current Employee), California MarylandJanuary 10, 2014
The team I work with is a great bunch of people. We all know that it is the customer and the United States Navy we support. That focus is never forgotten.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more