SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hark working, loyal, mentally and physically fit and I enjoy learning.
Senior Facility Logistician (Current Employee), MacDill AFB, FLJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: self development
Cons: sometimes this development has taken time away from my family
Since joining the Armed Forces I've grown to become the type of person that believes in hard work, and doing things right. Since a large part of our lives are at work I make it a point to work well with others so that they enjoy work. A typical day at work is best described as organized chaos. Since I work for the DOD and all these budget changes and – more... restructuring are happening, you experience new challenges everyday. Serving under the Special Operations Command I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the best individuals America has to offer. I've learned leadership from them, and the importance of teamwork. In fact, all of my military experience has developed these attributes and I'm looking for an opportunity to contribute what I have learned. – less
Tell us about:
Teir 1 Soc (Former Employee), reston, VaJanuary 24, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the jo
SAIC is a great company to work for.
Test and Evaluation team member. (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 24, 2014
SAIC is a wonderful company to work for. All of the people in my chain of command go out of their way to help me in my work and personal life. There is a very good education assistance program and many opportunities for professional improvement.
Because SAIC is a government contractor, the contract that pays the employee salary and overhead can expire. – more... And sometimes there is not a job that matches the employee’s skills and interest waiting. The employee then must look outside the company to stay employed. That is just the nature of contract work. – less
fast paced work enviornment, serving the needs of the world one project at a time
Logistics Assistant/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: benefits, room for growth
Cons: job stability, unreliable contracts
SAIC was a great company to learn the ins and outs of transportation logistics from outside of the military angle.
My day to day duties consisted of vehicle dispatching, driver assignments, statistical calculations, report writing, and inventory managing.
saic
Computer Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), charleston scJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: large company
The company started out good to work for but has slowly went down hill especially since the company split.
Great company
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2014
SAIC has a lot to offer analyst and government contractors through its many locations. It's a great company.
Excellent job
Trainer/ Team Member for Team IMPASS (Former Employee), Based in Virginia Beach, Va......Job at seaJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: able to effect change and be a positive role model
Cons: hours were sometimes demanding, small boat rides can sometimes be dangerous
Typical day involves a small boat ride to meet a destroyer already at sea, followed by a chain of command in-brief,system check out and training for the ships team that will be assisting us in the deployment of the IMPASS system. Later in the evening we would observe a training scenario by the team we were there to certify. The following morning we – more... would be up very early to set the system up and deploy it into the ocean. We would then conduct the certification and depart the ship either via small boat of at the pier.

My co-workers were all of the same level of knowledge and dedication and we worked very well as a team.
I think the hardest part of the job was the small boat rides in the winter and having to climb a Jacobs ladder to get onboard the ship, at times it can be very dangerous. – less
Customer Service
Intermediate Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Marshall Space Flighter Center, Huntsville, ALJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: loved my job
Worked with Telephone switch to build a phone to activate or terminate it. worked with voice mail.
Trouble shoot all the problems with phones not working.
Productive environment
System Integration Analyst Lead Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work would include a daily morning status meeting were goals and objectives for the day were discussed. Followed by an 8-12 hour shift working toward accomplishing these goals and output objectives.

I learned how to build cables, fabricate sub assemblies, instal equipment and cabling into communication racks, integrate communication – more... racks into military tactical vehicles and supervise lead and teach others how to perform these tasks as well. – less
Team Player
FSR- field service rep for CREW (Current Employee), NCJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: reading time
Cons: understanding the reading points
Hard Worker. Account for all time of work, Enjoy team work. Wake up early, always on standby. Worked on GPR systems, also trained Marines and Soldiers.
SAIC
Lotus Notes Developer (Former Employee), McLean VAJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: peer communication
Cons: management communication & long commute
Began working in a good location; unfortunately, contract ended. Reassigned to different job.
Great company with plenty of opportunities.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Ft. Polk, LaJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: big company that is driven to excel.
Cons: government contracts.
Really enjoyed working for SAIC. They are involved in so many different things, really opens the door for many people with a college education. Management, HR, the Service Center and Tech Support are all very helpful.
International Security and Intelligence
Intelligence, Security and Targeting Officer (Former Employee), InternationalJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day in the community involves problem solving, a great deal of cross functional coordination, and a constant 'Big Picture' Acumen.

This career field has taught me that strong leadership and decision making are as much innate personal qualities as products of experience with failure, and that overall success is often built from the momentum – more... in promoting small organizational and team victories.

Management is a constant balance of resources, achieving results, and maintaining the integrity personnel welfare.

The diversity of the co-workers always ensures work is fun and interesting. Working with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds has helped broaden my imagination and allowed me to connect with customer and client needs simply by being more adept at paying attention to the person and their unique situation.

The hardest part of the job has been implementing tough decisions when the overall success of the mission requires sacrificing a significant but lesser objective.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the implosion of morale within the unit or organization when a milestone has been reached, and feeling the excitement and busy professionalism that comes with a new and unexpected opportunity or piece of information. Congratulating co-workers sincerely after a hard job, well done. – less
common cube farm and labs
System Integration Analyst / Mission Planner (Current Employee), California MarylandJanuary 10, 2014
The team I work with is a great bunch of people. We all know that it is the customer and the United States Navy we support. That focus is never forgotten.
Excellent place to work
Information Assurance Lead (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJanuary 9, 2014
Provided continuing education. Management supported employees
nice people to work with
Surface Mount solderer and cable assembler (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 9, 2014
good working environment got NASA certifications while working there. Left for permanent position.
Big Hville contractor
Systems Administrator IV (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: healthcare is higher now
Pretty good company that has a large presence in Huntsville.
They pay for any required certifications and schooling.
Great Place to Work
ISR Collection Manager (Former Employee), OCONUSJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed my time with SAIC. I was deployed to Afghanistan while working for them. My program manager contacted me often to check up on the team and ensure our needs were met.
Best Job I ever had
Business Manager (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: camaraderie
Cons: long days
Great environment for growth. Management encouraged growth opportunities.
Prospects for the future
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Western USJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: interesting work
Cons: layoffs are frequent and management is very incompetent
SAIC was 10 years ago a fabulous company to work for when they were privately owned by the employees. Like all greedy defense companies however they went public and the pay and benefits went south quickly. As the military draws down which they are beginning to do the prospects for SAIC and other defense companies is going to be sharp and dramatic. SAIC – more... has a tendency to underbid contracts and the way they make up the difference is to reduce pay and eliminate benefits. The intelligent move would be to bypass the defense industry and concentrate primarely on other segments of the economy. SAIC is reknown for massive layoffs and terminations to underscore their bottom line. – less

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more