SAIC

SAIC Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Relocation Opportunities
Health Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), Okinawa, JapanMay 27, 2014
Pros: saic university
Cons: contract stipulations
Internal applications are easier, learning opportunities with SAIC University
Good first job
Computer Engineering, SAIC Internship (Former Employee), Arlington,VAMay 27, 2014
Pros: pay is good, meet great people
Cons: work environment
SAIC is a great place to work if you already have years of experience. I started working there as a rising senior in college and they gave me work for a already experienced programmer. I basically had to learn on my own and figure things out. The pay is good and your off on weekends so that's the good thing.
Great Place to Work
Systems Administrator IV (Current Employee), Bluemont, VAMay 24, 2014
Pros: work hours, people worked with
Cons: losing the contract
A typical day required updates to DNS, by logging into the routers, switches and PBXs to ensure the A and PTR records were entered into the Remedy Tickets over to DNS Engineers that maintained the Windows DNS records throughout the FEMA network.
Research, install and confirm no trouble occurred after installing updates to the servers, which included, – more... Red Hat Linus ES 5, Windows 2003 Web Server, and Windows 2008 R2. – less
Best job ever
DESIGN ENGINEER II/SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: pay, travel, stock options, job satisfaction
Cons: finding a new project to work after finishing one.
fortune 500 company . worked on many interesting projects. was given a lot of responsibility and latitude in my job and was well rewarded for it.
adfadf
Site Manager-MRAP Program C4I (Former Employee), adsfasdfdsMay 22, 2014
it was fun working with them they treat there employees badly with pay
Extremely Productive and highly task oriented with the ability to handle multiple jobs at once
CT-AVRS Database Analyst/ Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Sierra Vista AZ and Tampa FLMay 21, 2014
As a dedicated employee my teammates would describe me as easy to get along with but a hard worker who tries to help others excel as well.
Average
Intelligence Requirements Analyst (Former Employee), Tysons Corner, VAMay 21, 2014
An average company that is profit driven. Would recommend them to friends.
A great place to work
Financial Intern (Former Employee), Middletown, RIMay 21, 2014
Management makes work enjoyable. The work is challenging and rewarding. The environment is a great place to improve as an employee.
Great place
Network Support Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 20, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly staff. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Company of many talented workers.
Material Control Specialist (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMay 19, 2014
Pros: income and learning new tasks.
Cons: no room for advancement
Working spreadsheets for accuracy. Various spreadsheets, data input, accountability, and leadership. Most management believe they are still in the military, but being married to a retired military I know how to adjust. Great co-workers. Dealing with no opportunity for advancement. Finding my own way to learn something new.
Good Company.
Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 12, 2014
Pros: good pay.
Cons: health insurance.
A typical work day is from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM depending on your job function. They pay overtime or extended work week on an as needed basis (as needed for job completion). My project manager is a great man and I have enjoyed working for him the last five years. The one thing to remeber is that SAIC deals in alot of government projects. When the project – more... is cancelled or budget cuts come around, they may not have another position available for you. – less
Productive and pleasurable to work at Customer location
Equities Reviewer (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDMay 11, 2014
Pros: my duties are mission-oriented and i sit in the front office of the organization.
Cons: no real breaks during day.
A typical day on the current program I support is a very busy one. You start receiving requests that must be logged in, attach appropriate recipients and send out. I log in on a regular basis of 50-65 requests a day. You then have to close out the requests and all of these procedures must be completed before you leave and you cannot work longer than – more... 8 hours per day. It is very mission oriented which makes it so exciting and dynamic.
I have learned how it feels to literally stare at 2 large computer screens all day with only restroom breaks and eating lunch at desk. I've also learned to use Excel a lot bettyer.
The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing on your computer how many requests have been processed and you know then what you accomplished. The other most enjoyable part of my day is the co-workers are all very nice to work with. – less
negotiable
Senior Accounting Tech (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2014
Cons: provide health care benefits
I've worked there more than ten years.It is great place to work there.
Poorly managed and repeatedly overpromise compensation and employee benefits which do not occur
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), VirginiaMay 9, 2014
Pros: flextime for the majority of the working day is nice.
Cons: all of the above
I do not recommend working for this company. I have been here several years and have seen poor technical management, unprofessional politics, and very poor consideration of the employees with regard to their career paths. Managers consistently make promises to employees that they do not keep. The current remake of the company as a Matrix organization – more... appears to be doomed due to lack of vision, little if any communication in house, and overall poor management. Morale is negative and undesirable. – less
Does not recommend the Charleston, SC business unit.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 8, 2014
Pros: great pay along with benefits
Cons: good ole boy network
Good Ole Boy network is very rampant in the Charleston, SC business unit. If you're outsider, then you will have no place there. During my time there, I see those who were part of the network advance while others who were more qualified did not advance.
Good Company
PDM/PLM Expert and Trainer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2014
Good Company to work for. Management is very supportive of employees.
Contract
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 5, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: unfair
Long days 6 days a week as a contractor in the middle east: did not follow all of the country"s labor laws
Management had their favorites and allowed family members to be directly in chain of command
Variety of jobs: scanning, data retention, light programing-loved it
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Picatinny Arsenal, NJMay 2, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere and chance to learn
Cons: honestly-there were no cons to this job.
Wide variety. I was a "plug" of sorts. Whatever anyone in the office didn't know, I was tasked to research and learn any new programs. Coworkers were wonderful, mature, honest and always willing to go the extra mile for the company. Everything was enjoyable about the job. I was treated with respect and allowed and encouraged to make suggestions.
Hardest – more... part of job was saying goodbye to it. They closed the office and we all went our ways but still keep in touch. – less
High volume Military scheduling
Receptionist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 2, 2014
Pros: onsite hospital
Cons: enjoying the experienced
Responsible for scheduling appointments, contacting physicians, sending prescriptions to pharmacies, and directing high volume of calls on 20-lines telephone switchboard.
Benefits are lacking
Airborne System Operator (Current Employee), AfghanistanMay 2, 2014
Go somewhere else the benefits are not on par with similar companies.

About SAIC

SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches – Read more